Sennheiser Takes Aim At Beats By Dre

Deletive

Sennheiser-Urbanite-Nation-Red.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/04/sennheiser-urbanite-headphones/?ncid=rss_truncated
http://www.cnet.com/news/sennheiser-tries-to-beat-beats-with-new-design-for-cx-headphones/

"All the headphones in the range come with four sizes of ear sleeve to fit lugholes of all shapes and sizes. The drivers have also been angled differently to direct sound into the ear better. They go deeper too, with 17Hz bass instead of the 19Hz of previous models."

"
Following the example of Beats, Sennheiser has rethought its design -- specifically, to make sure that people wearing Sennheisers can be seen to be wearing Sennheisers. The new CX headphones have a new signature oblong design on the outside of the earbuds, and the cables come in white, black and red -- which just happen to be Beats' signature colours."

Edit: Also They have in ear momentums:

phpvzjb8f.jpg

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

This is definitely interesting. I hope they at least sound good.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Bass's by Dr.Sennheiser

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

they look really cool. I hate on ears though but for some people i see them being very good.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I thought the urbanite series were competitors to Beats?

Anyhow, these look cool.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

This is definitely interesting. I hope they at least sound good.

They will if they're Sennheisers.  My dad has a pair he bought in the 70's and they still sound great, and I have a pair of their earbuds, also pretty good.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

They look nice

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

How important is having a low frequency in the specs anyway? I don't know much about headphone specs, but can you really go by "17 Hz" low and say that it has good bass?

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

I hope they sound good. The 17hz is a marketing move, most people can't hear below 20hz (usually the range is 20hz-20khz) and 17 is just too low. (btw this is not like the "cinematic 24fps" argument, the limits of the human ear are much more clearly cut)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

There doesn't seem to be any cushioning on the headband - I wonder how comfortable it is?

How important is having a low frequency in the specs anyway? I don't know much about headphone specs, but can you really go by "17 Hz" low and say that it has good bass?

my mdr-1r's has a range of 4hz to 80khz. So i guess they can do that.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

No, the given spec is useless because it says nothing about the response. It could respond to 15hz, but it might be barely audible.

Around the mid/lower 20hz range is typically the cutoff of "hearing" bass, where it goes to only feeling.

The fact that that's a pitch would suggest they're putting priority on bass, and Sennheiser doesn't usually put out shitty stuff, so it probably will have good base.

n.b. good bass =/= a lot of bass, you see that in a lot of "meh" tier fashion and bass targetted headphones, shitloads of bass, shit quality poorly controlled bass.

Alright, cool. I was wondering why my SE215s have good bass with only 22Hz as its low. :P

I only know one or two songs that even approach that low. Most songs will roll off or not even touch below 25hz.

IIRC most people tune to between 30~40hz

If I had to guess, most songs don't really go below perhaps 35~40 range, with very, very few approaching low 20's line. I think pipe organs can push your system near down there though.

Error: 410

-Snipe-

Alright, cool. I was wondering why my SE215s have good bass with only 22Hz as its low. :P

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

So Senniheiser wants to enter the "overpriced for what you get, market", by releasing a series of cans that are "overpriced for what you get"?

Seems good.

They look godawful. Just like beats

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Sennheiser products tend to be great, but I highly doubt that they will gain the attention of the people that they're trying to steal away from Beats, for the simple reason that those people are idiots.

Sennheiser is so stupid on this one. 

People who buy Beats don't care about sound, its all marketing. Dre killed it in the marketing department with Beats. He gave everyone in Hollywood a free pair. Everyone uses them in music videos. You don't just buy that kind of celebrity endorsement. 

People who buy Beats and that market won't care that Sennheiser has a better sounding rival, Sennheiser has none of the brand identity and marketing abilities that Dre and co do and for that reason they will fail hilariously. 

I tried these ones actually, better than beats (obviously) but yes, they are pretty bass heavy, but the middle tone isn't as muddy as beats and you can actually hear the highs.

And quoting one of the designers the bigger one has a "bathtub effect".

And a disclaimer, I tried these in a very early stage, they might've changed since I tried them.

Sennheiser is so stupid on this one. 

People who buy Beats don't care about sound, its all marketing. Dre killed it in the marketing department with Beats. He gave everyone in Hollywood a free pair. Everyone uses them in music videos. You don't just buy that kind of celebrity endorsement. 

People who buy Beats and that market won't care that Sennheiser has a better sounding rival, Sennheiser has none of the brand identity and marketing abilities that Dre and co do and for that reason they will fail hilariously. 

Can I hire you to work in the marketing department of my company?

apple-to-buy-beats-electronics-2.jpg    465075-d0ea2a4a-e6b3-11e3-ba62-a129b4e22

That is all.  :D

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

I hope they sound good. The 17hz is a marketing move, most people can't hear below 20hz (usually the range is 20hz-20khz) and 17 is just too low. (btw this is not like the "cinematic 24fps" argument, the limits of the human ear are much more clearly cut)

Actually the limits of the human eye is quite clearly cut and well understood, the problem is the science is too complex for the average Joe to comprehend and thus bastardized beyond reason to support whatever viewpoint people have.

With regard to specs thought you are nail on the head, they mean Jack Shit and mostly a marketing tool.  Because 17Hz-30Khz range looks better than a squiggly line that no one understands.

Also I don't see the beats bit, what beats model are they supposed to be copying? 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

neither look good imo

these look like something you'd get in a cereal box or a washing powder

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.