Moto 360, prepare thine wallets... Only if you're in the US,UK, & Canada

CYaN_Bob

So I'll just buy it from the US and have it shipped to me for cheaper than what I'll be able to get it for here.

it's only a $30 difference, you'd end up paying more for shipping and brokerage fees.

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

Im going to go with small wrist, the face of the watch is a pretty standard size (even if it is a bit thicker than most watches). But i would still want to see one in person before i go spend 250 bucks on it.

Yeah, it's definitely larger than the G Watch R so we'll see.

The fact that it doesn't have an always on option like the LG is rather disappointing. It also has a much smaller battery.

And here I thought it'd be the best smart watch out there.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

It's just a bezel...

Nope, I agree with @Sneaky, the black bar is a turn off for me as well with the analog clock face.

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

off topic, how are you finding the switch?

Oh really? thats a lot of effort haha, just to order it :P

I wear a watch every day, I quite like nice watches

I actually like it, although it's not all that different ( speaking of the phone use directly). I'm using the OnePlus One with CyanogenMod 11S on it.

Day to day I don't have any difference for use on the phone. Although the Apple integration is missing, and I miss that the most.

No iCloud syncing, although at least Dropbox helps. It's still not the same having notes, photos, bookmarks and all those on the phone, along with a phone backup to it.

My biggest issue is simply when the phone is plugged into a Mac. It doesn't show up as a DCIM camera on any application I use, and without Android File Transfer you can't move things to and from it. Making matters worse if you have an Xbox 360 controller you simply can't plug it in or out of the Mac when the Android File Transfer app is running. It'll hard reboot the system, as the software thinks the controller is a Phone and tries to access it.

As such I had to kill its process, manually remove it's silly startup daemon ( which always starts up and ignores systems preference settings), and manually turn it on and off when needed; each time having to kill the process in Activity Monitor.

Google Music app for Mac and Android easily solved my issue of syncing iTunes music to the phone as it uploads and then downloads everything ( or selected music) to your device.

Overall I like the switch, and the phone is brilliant. It's the complete system integration and features I miss the most really. That, and you need an app that needs access to all your apps to get a little notification badge on icons. Also the lack of a twitter client as good as Tweetbot is annoying, although its down to Twitter and their useless Token limits that prevent a decent Android app from garnering a good user base.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Nope, I agree with @Sneaky, the black bar is a turn off for me as well with the analog clock face.

Well you have multiple difference clock faces to select at least.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

So I'll just buy it from the US and have it shipped to me for cheaper than what I'll be able to get it for here.

With the exchange rate along it would be $272.11 CAD so it would be best to just buy it in Canada :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

YES!!! Wasn't expecting it to be released in the UK any time soon!! Really want this!

Well you have multiple difference clock faces to select at least.

Yes, but that black bar is going to be in the way of all of them.

Well I just ordered. I honestly believe Motorola is even delaying the shipping because there is no way the product was on a back order 5 minuets after its release.  

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

To leave behind my eco drive skyhawk & get this .... oh the choices.

Looks like there are three circular watches with this, LG & Asus. 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

It actually looks like a watch and not some bulky brightly colored child's toy.

To leave behind my eco drive skyhawk & get this .... oh the choices.

Looks like there are three circular watches with this, LG & Asus. 

The ZenWatch is square, not circular.

I was fairly certain on getting this, but so far the battery life seems like a huge issue to put it off completely. The lg G watch R is suddenly more appealing.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

The whole Back Order thing till the 19th is really making me think twice about if I should keep my order. I mean it is crazy that I ordered 10 minuets into launch and it is that far behind. I couldn't even get into the site till 10 after. There are people saying they were able to order all the way to 30 minuets before because of a glitch site. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Nope, keeping my solar powered citizen

-snip-

I have a Citizen Solar Eco-Drive as well, only in gunmetal black.

AT2187-51E.jpg

It's an awesome watch, but it's *only* a watch. 

The Moto 360 is really nice and I know, after using a Pebble for a while, that I actually could really use the functions of a smartwatch on a daily basis. But, that being said, there's just something about an actual nice watch that the 360 (or any smartwatch) cannot replace. ;)

TBH, I would probably still use both. The smartwatch for work and weekends (out and about) and the Eco-Drive for those special occasions where you want to look your best (weddings, formal dinners/parties etc.)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I just checked on google play and it says not available in your country (UK)

post-6162-0-89743600-1409950592.png

My PC specs are CPU: 6700k @4.7Ghz Ram: 16GB Corsair RGB Pro GPU: RTX 2070  PSU: RM650 CPU cooler: corsair H150 Case: corsair Motherboard: ASUS Z270 Pro SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 EVOand SK Hynix 1TB

I just checked on google play and it says not available in your country (UK)

I believe they said it was going to be around a month or two before it was released in the UK. And even in the US, there is almost no one with a stock of them currently.

The ZenWatch is square, not circular.

I thought Asus announced a new one recently?

Edit: It's curved squarish shape.

Anyone know where you buy the metallic band for the moto 360?

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

I actually like it, although it's not all that different ( speaking of the phone use directly). I'm using the OnePlus One with CyanogenMod 11S on it.

Day to day I don't have any difference for use on the phone. Although the Apple integration is missing, and I miss that the most.

No iCloud syncing, although at least Dropbox helps. It's still not the same having notes, photos, bookmarks and all those on the phone, along with a phone backup to it.

My biggest issue is simply when the phone is plugged into a Mac. It doesn't show up as a DCIM camera on any application I use, and without Android File Transfer you can't move things to and from it. Making matters worse if you have an Xbox 360 controller you simply can't plug it in or out of the Mac when the Android File Transfer app is running. It'll hard reboot the system, as the software thinks the controller is a Phone and tries to access it.

As such I had to kill its process, manually remove it's silly startup daemon ( which always starts up and ignores systems preference settings), and manually turn it on and off when needed; each time having to kill the process in Activity Monitor.

Google Music app for Mac and Android easily solved my issue of syncing iTunes music to the phone as it uploads and then downloads everything ( or selected music) to your device.

Overall I like the switch, and the phone is brilliant. It's the complete system integration and features I miss the most really. That, and you need an app that needs access to all your apps to get a little notification badge on icons. Also the lack of a twitter client as good as Tweetbot is annoying, although its down to Twitter and their useless Token limits that prevent a decent Android app from garnering a good user base.

You should try Bittorrent sync to backup your photos, it a great way to do it

I believe they said it was going to be around a month or two before it was released in the UK. And even in the US, there is almost no one with a stock of them currently.

Ah ok thx, not sure if I should get one or not as idk if it will fit my tiny wrists.

My PC specs are CPU: 6700k @4.7Ghz Ram: 16GB Corsair RGB Pro GPU: RTX 2070  PSU: RM650 CPU cooler: corsair H150 Case: corsair Motherboard: ASUS Z270 Pro SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 EVOand SK Hynix 1TB

I thought Asus announced a new one recently?

Edit: It's curved squarish shape.

Anyone know where you buy the metallic band for the moto 360?

The metallic bands will not be available till October. With that being said, just look for a 22mm band on Amazon. Motorola has stated the watch will accept standard 22mm wide straps.

Ah ok thx, not sure if I should get one or not as idk if it will fit my tiny wrists.

I can post pictures whenever I get mine. Unfortunately that won't be for about another two weeks accorodng to my email from Motorola.

it's just a preference thing imo

i'd buy this in a heart beat if it was available somewhere close to me, which is not <<

but the look of the watch is purely subjective, some like minimalistic design, others do not

i for one do like it, it reminds me a bit of the Panerai brand of watches, i was trying to justify the price and buy it, but damn, that's a bit too much even for me (i love the luminor marina, the basic one)

but this comes close to that design, so for sure i'll be getting one, once it's actually available

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

As an australian, I never wanted one anyway, but still, can't even buy it here. That stinks.

Or in NewZealand! 

NOOOOO!

Just watched 401 on CNET and the reviewer is saying this watch doesn't last a full day on one charge. That's a huge blow.

It also has it's own charger that you have to carry around with you. Fail.

Black bar at bottom can't be unseen after you see it.

So much potential, yet so much significant failure.