I am starting to see the light...of a bitten Apple

LarsReviews

Ok, on the past months I had alot of "fun" with calling my provider and the repair center. Instead of my Sony I had a Moto G as a replacement and now I did't get any replacement phone. (If we were in the USA, I would sue them for that promised 1to1 exchange they made when I ordered the phone over my provider)

A friend of mine dropped his iPhone 5. Glas wrecked, the Unibody has a huge dent in the side. And what does the Apple Store do? They give them a brand new one for free!

Hello Sony? I want that service too! I think after my contract is over, I will switch to iPhone. 

EDIT: I did NOT drop my Z2! It had issues! My friend is the one who dropped his phone and still got a new one!

keep-calm-and-use-iphone-4.png

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

thats is the first time i hear that apple does this. in generaly they never fix a phone

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

thats is the first time i hear that apple does this. in generaly they never fix a phone

I have heard that a lot recently, even on the forum were a iphone 4 was replaced for no charge. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I have heard that a lot recently, even on the forum were a iphone 4 was replaced for no charge. 

I've never heard of Apple repairing a phone. They always just give you a new one. Those bastards!

Maybe it's a regional thing.

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

Now let's see if apple will fix my android.V3M3Gt5.png

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Solution: don't drop your fucking phone.

I did't drop it. First one had a charging issue and creaking volume buttons. And the 2nd one was creaking everywhere. I don't want a phone that makes noises like that. My friend dropped his.

But Sony es Pretteh!

Yes, but Sony es creaking  :P . If the 3rd one is like they advertise it (a perfect none creaking phone) I will like Sony again :)

And the moral of the story is, apple will tolerate a dropped iPhone, Sony will tolerate poor quality control from your experience.

(Edited after seeing above post)

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

this thread will go to hades when the android fanboys arrive

Haha, nahhhh. I don't see why it would.

I hate Apple but I'm not going to slam them or doing a solid job of warranty exchanges.

It's easy when you have that kind of revenue and evade paying taxes in the country of which you're based ;)

....I couldn't resist the last part.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Haha, nahhhh. I don't see why it would.

I hate Apple but I'm not going to slam them or doing a solid job of warranty exchanges.

It's easy when you have that kind of revenue and evade paying taxes in the country of which you're based ;)

....I couldn't resist the last part.

Amazon does that too in Germany, they don't pay any taxes, but hey their service is great!

You have to pay for insurance type cover for that sort of service. Isn't it called apple care or something. So it's kinda like comparing accidental damage insurance to a warranty. It's not the same thing. If you want it, you can pay for it.

It's like comparing apples and oranges... See what I did there. If Sony have a shite warranty service, just call them out for that.

You have to pay for insurance type cover for that sort of service. Isn't it called apple care or something. So it's kinda like comparing accidental damage insurance to a warranty. It's not the same thing. If you want it, you can pay for it.

he doesn't have Apple care. 

But Sony es Pretteh!

OK, one pro argument for Sony, I get to keep the Headphones (the NC ones), chargers and power adapter each time they replace it :D

he doesn't have Apple care.

Wait what? I find that hard to believe. No company covers accidental damage under warranty.

Wait what? I find that hard to believe. No company covers accidental damage under warranty.

I find it hard to believe as well. Even if you're covered with the Plus plan, they charge (In Canada at least) $80 for accidental damage claims, and you're limited to two You get no coverage with basic Apple Care.

Amazon does that too in Germany, they don't pay any taxes, but hey their service is great!

Amazon is an American company though. I find it very disrespectful for a company to screw over the country from which it's based, and which has likely bent over backwards to help support it.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I find it hard to believe as well. Even if you're covered with the Plus plan, they charge (In Canada at least) $80 for accidental damage claims, and you're limited to two You get no coverage with basic Apple Care.

So you think he just got lucky and it was a one time thing? And about me not having something like Apple Care. I do, I got it with my contract, the 1to1 exchange. But they only did it on the first time and instead of a new Z2 I got a Moto G for 2 weeks.  

So you think he just got lucky and it was a one time thing? And about me not having something like Apple Care. I do, I got it with my contract, the 1to1 exchange. But they only did it on the first time and instead of a new Z2 I got a Moto G for 2 weeks.

Yeah he definitely got lucky. And you got unlucky. Haha.

It might have been a case of 'I have no clue how it broke'/ 'my child ruined it'. I've actually heard of people having there iPhones replaced for free because there kid ruined it

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I did't drop it. First one had a charging issue and creaking volume buttons. And the 2nd one was creaking everywhere. I don't want a phone that makes noises like that. My friend dropped his.

I was talking about your friend :P

Sucks you had those problems :(

If companies gave out free phones for accidental damage then they'd all go bankrupt or have to charge insanely inflated prices for their items.

He was probably very lucky. Maybe the person who he was dealing with got a promotion and was sharing the love, or was quitting and couldn't care less what happened.

I've done it before. It's not uncommon. Most companies have work arounds, and if you're nice enough anything is possible.

At least you got a phone. I'd imagine in the contract it doesn't state the device has to be a Z2, and it sounds like it's likely through your carrier, not Sony, so they're not at fault.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

If companies gave out free phones for accidental damage then they'd all go bankrupt or have to charge insanely inflated prices for their items.

He was probably very lucky. Maybe the person who he was dealing with got a promotion and was sharing the love, or was quitting and couldn't care less what happened.

I've done it before. It's not uncommon. Most companies have work arounds, and if you're nice enough anything is possible.

At least you got a phone. I'd imagine in the contract it doesn't state the device has to be a Z2, and it sounds like it's likely through your carrier, not Sony, so they're not at fault.

Sony was the one who build the crappy phones, so the fault is probably around 50/50. 

What I am upset about is, that Apple users seem to get their 1to1 exchange and I just have to wait until they repair or exchange it. Even Google sends out new devices, before they have to send the old one in.