I am starting to see the light...of a bitten Apple

LarsReviews

Tell you what, instead of speculating over whether or not this is standard Apple procedure, let's look at Apple's website to see what their stance on this kind of thing is.

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone/repair/screen-damage/

That's their UK one. Unfortunately my German is pretty rusty, but you can check to see if it's different.

Says clearly there that accidental damage is not covered by the warranty.

And sure enough under "WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?", it says "d) to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external cause."

A friend of mine dropped his iPhone 5. Glas wrecked, the Unibody has a huge dent in the side. And what does the Apple Store do? They give them a brand new one for free!

Nice, but Apple hardly repairs things unless you pay an insane amount of money (80€ for a friggin' sleep button, mine stopped working soon after the damn warranty ran out)

144Hz goodness

But.... it's Samsung... and now it's metal...

+the Quad HD SAMOLED display  :(

How could you say no to those specs and features.

#BuySamsung

Amoled kinda sucks too.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Tell you what, instead of speculating over whether or not this is standard Apple procedure, let's look at Apple's website to see what their stance on this kind of thing is.

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone/repair/screen-damage/

That's their UK one. Unfortunately my German is pretty rusty, but you can check to see if it's different.

Says clearly there that accidental damage is not covered by the warranty.

And sure enough under "WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?", it says "d) to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external cause."

I understand that it is not covered. It is just the service that is better from Apple. I have no Sony Center to get it replaced right away. Sending it in and wating for over a week is so annoying. Since I got it, it has spend more time in repair than in my hands. And that for something that was costing 600€ at the begining. I am glad I didnt have to spend that much on it, because of the contract.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I understand that it is not covered. It is just the service that is better from Apple. I have no Sony Center to get it replaced right away. Sending it in and wating for over a week is so annoying. Since I got it, it has spend more time in repair than in my hands. And that for something that was costing 600€ at the begining. I am glad I didnt have to spend that much on it, because of the contract.

OK. I mean I've heard stories of this happening a few times, but I'm just saying if you do buy Apple don't go in expecting this to happen. It seems very much down to the whims of whoever is working there at the time and not company policy at all.

You loose...

Sony-Vaio-Z2.jpg

Sony+XBR-84X900+4K+TV.jpg

that tv look amazing

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

that tv look amazing

Two Years old. The new one is this...

kdl-65w955b_btyE_wd_with_ill.jpg

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Two Years old. The new one is this...

kdl-65w955b_btyE_wd_with_ill.jpg

your stuff or google pictures?

your stuff or google pictures?

No, I don't have $50,000 (Or $25,000) to spend on Sony's Flagship TV.

I have the R55 60" (1080p 120Hz)

yeah that one of the things apples does better that others most of the time, better that average customer support and nicely designed hardware, though others are catching quick on the later

Samsungs are fugly.

it seems samsung finally fixed that issue, MKBHD was impressed by the build quality of the GN4

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

yeah that one of the things apples does better that others most of the time, better that average customer support and nicely designed hardware, though others are catching quick on the later

it seems samsung finally fixed that issue, MKBHD was impressed by the build quality of the GN4

Yeah, it's not as ugly, but those physical buttons still kill the whole design.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

No, I don't have $50,000 (Or $25,000) to spend on Sony's Flagship TV.

I have the R55 60" (1080p 120Hz)

spending 25k on a TV would feel kind of wrong. I sit like 2 to 4 meters away from my TV. There is no way, that a human can see a pixel from that distance at 1080p.

spending 25k on a TV would feel kind of wrong. I sit like 2 to 4 meters away from my TV. There is no way, that a human can see a pixel from that distance at 1080p.

The Sony flagship TVs have good features though. 

1080p is still fine for a TV. Though I do notice the pixels.

The Sony flagship TVs have good features though. 

1080p is still fine for a TV. Though I do notice the pixels.

How close do you sit to the TV? I have a 42" and 2 meters is just perfect. Can't see a pixel.

How close do you sit to the TV? I have a 42" and 2 meters is just perfect. Can't see a pixel.

4 meters about. It depends on what you are watching. 

If it's high detail with many things, you can see them if you look for them.

4 meters about. It depends on what you are watching. 

If it's high detail with many things, you can see them if you look for them.

My guess is you have a sony phone. Does it really work that good with the TV? Remote and Trow? My mom wants a kitchen TV, so she can have mine and I would like to get a Sony, if it works great with the Z2.

My guess is you have a sony phone. Does it really work that good with the TV? Remote and Trow? My mom wants a kitchen TV, so she can have mine and I would like to get a Sony, if it works great with the Z2.

We use a PS3 and a DirecTV cable box for TV. DirecTV receivers don't work with the remote.

My R55 is not comparable with Screen Mirroring. But the VAIO to TV works.

I can play my media from my laptop to the TV.

Also, the Android netflix app lets you control your PS3s Netflix application. 

Depends on your TV model.

You lose...

You were saying?

EDIT: Sony sold their VAIO brand. You do know that right? :P

post-83863-0-64609000-1409959266.jpg

post-83863-0-43456200-1409959275.jpg

post-83863-0-05492500-1409959281.jpg

post-83863-0-49626500-1409959293.jpg

post-83863-0-41638100-1409959432.jpg

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Amoled kinda sucks too.

Best Smartphone Display:  Based on our extensive Lab tests and measurements, the Galaxy S5 is the Best performing Smartphone display that we have ever tested. It has a long list of new records for best Smartphone display performance including: Highest Brightness, Lowest Reflectance, Highest Color Accuracy, Infinite Contrast Ratio, Highest Contrast Rating in Ambient Light, and smallest Brightness Variation with Viewing Angle. The Galaxy S5 has raised the bar for top display performance up by another notch – an impressive achievement for OLED technology!

http://www.displaymate.com/Galaxy_S5_ShootOut_1.htm#Conclusion

Nope. OLED will replace LCD. You do know that right?

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

You were saying?

Oh, you want to play? BTW the first Curved TV is quite ugly...

3913561442.jpg

vaioS.jpg

04_concept_project_02.jpg

xperia-z1-premium-in-every-sense-1880x69

Sony_VAIO_Pro_13_35781040_10.jpg

20130620_160043.jpg

sonys90curved-2l.jpg

And Sony...

1. Invented Chicklet/Island Style Keyboard

2. First Blueray drive in laptop (Read/Write)

3. First LED blacklit laptop display

4. First on-board switchable graphics "On the fly" (later adopted by companies such as Dell and Apple)

5. Also, look up 'XBRITE' Sony's own display design that is incorporated in almost every display now.

6. The X505 was also the first 'ultrabook' (Not running a full M CPU and was before intel released ultrabook)

While Samsung is getting Sued by apple.

(I do like the ATIV Book 9 though)

Fake leather/matte blue does not look nice....

Best Smartphone Display:  Based on our extensive Lab tests and measurements, the Galaxy S5 is the Best performing Smartphone display that we have ever tested. It has a long list of new records for best Smartphone display performance including: Highest Brightness, Lowest Reflectance, Highest Color Accuracy, Infinite Contrast Ratio, Highest Contrast Rating in Ambient Light, and smallest Brightness Variation with Viewing Angle. The Galaxy S5 has raised the bar for top display performance up by another notch – an impressive achievement for OLED technology!

AMOLED is too saturated. Looks nice, but if you want color accuracy, look elsewhere. 

lolwat, highest color accuracy with an oled panel? Were they high when they tested it?

Anyway, colors are overly satured. The only benefit is battery life. And really, if you want battery life just root the thing, flash a custom recovery and then proceed to use a decent rom without the crappy skin brands always tend to use.

thats is the first time i hear that apple does this. in generaly they never fix a phone

Ah, bullshit. I had an iPhone 5 that had a wonky power button. Sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't. I went to the store and they gave me a brand new phone.

[CPU] Intel i5 4690k @ stock w/ Corsair H100i [Motherboard] Asus Z97-AR [RAM] 16GB Corsair Vengeance [GPU] Asus Strix GTX 970 OC 4GB [Case] Corsair Obsidian Series 750D [Storage] 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 1TB Western Digital Cavier Green HDD [PSU] Corsair CX Series 750M [Display] Dell U2412M [Keyboard] Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Red) [Mouse] Zowie FK1 w/ Corsair MM600 Mouse Mat [Sound] Asus Xonar Essence STX, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1, Sennheiser HD558 w/ ModMic [OS] Windows 8.1 64-bit

Oh, you want to play? BTW the first Curved TV is quite ugly...

And Sony...

1. Invented Chicklet/Island Style Keyboard

2. First Blueray drive in laptop (Read/Write)

3. First LED blacklit laptop display

4. First on-board switchable graphics "On the fly" (later adopted by companies such as Dell and Apple)

5. Also, look up 'XBRITE' Sony's own display design that is incorporated in almost every display now.

6. The X505 was also the first 'ultrabook' (Not running a full M CPU and was before intel released ultrabook)

While Samsung is getting Sued by apple.

(I do like the ATIV Book 9 though)

Fake leather/matte blue does not look nice....

Bitch please. (That thick laptop looks unappealing...)

Samsung Statistics:

1.Largest provider and consumers of Semiconductors

2.Largest Smartphone Market share

3.By 2004 Samsung was the world's-largest manufacturer of OLEDs, with a 40 percent market share worldwide, and as of 2010 has a 98% share of the global AMOLED market. (Wikipedia)

4.Largest TV market share for 4 consecutive years.

​5.(Arguably) Best display manufacturer in the world.

6.Started the Large screen smartphone boom

7.Invented the phablet

Samsung 2013 Q4 

Revenue:$54.95 billion

Operating Profits:$7.7 billion

Meanwhile, Sony is depressed in the corner trying to deal with their losses.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/15/business/international/sony-expects-annual-net-loss-as-it-continues-to-restructure.html?_r=0

post-83863-0-06287900-1409961282.jpg

post-83863-0-12356300-1409961288_thumb.j

post-83863-0-44229900-1409961293.jpg

post-83863-0-62166200-1409961313_thumb.j

post-83863-0-07016200-1409961329_thumb.j

post-83863-0-89732100-1409961401_thumb.j

#GALAXY

#ATIV