Do you think a person can be happy alone?

Camul

I guess I mean that in the sense that I don't really get any human interaction in real life and will never be in a relationship. Can poeple like that still be happy? Would you be able to be happy?

People can be happy like that but that will only be the case if they truly are happy with what they have and don't want anything from other people. I am not trying to peer into your life but it sounds as if that isn't the case with you (although I could be completely wrong). If I am right though, no you won't be happy and you need to fight to get the relationships you need in your life. You will only be unhappy if you give up and that means getting out and trying to be social . Never give up for things you stride for.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

For my own part I could be happy like that, my ultimate goal is to just find 1 woman, I don't need friends, I can get that level of social interaction online. But ultimately I would just want her to be my best friend, as well as lover/spouse

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Depends. Mostly the answer would be no, but you can get used to loneliness, so you won't be sad at least...

I don't have any friends, I'm socially awkward, shy, stupid and fugly. But I have internet connection so I got that going on... Which is nice...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Some people probably can. I can't though.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

There's a difference between being alone, and being lonely.

I've always been a more "alone type" of guy. I got lots of friends, and go out often (weekly) with them. But I prefer to be alone. I don't feel lonely, so I don't feel sad.

It all comes down to who you are. Some people need others around them all the time, others don't. My sister would go insane if she doesn't have human interaction for 2 days, and I'm completly the opposite.

Oh and also, the "never be in a relationship" thing. You'll find someone. I've known people who were unattractive, anti-social and barely had any friends, and who've been in a relationship for 2 years + now.

Self confidence is key. And being good with words is always useful :)

Quick edit: If you don't feel good about yourself you may want to try something else? Go to your hairdresser and ask for a new haircut, let him/her go ham. Change your clothing style, go shopping with some friends/a fashion aware sister, ... There are so many things you can do to improve your self confidence + how others see you ;) Go sport, you'll meet lots of people. Join those youth organisation things (in Belgium teens join those just to drink beer and party :P). 

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best! 

By no interaction, do you mean I can't communicate with anyone? Not even through electronic means?

If yes, I can live with that....

9022f00d21.jpg

If no, even better...

I lock myself up in my house for at least 2-3 months a year to recover from the accumulated stress due to college...

Not really.

It's been like 2 months since me and my ex broke up. I can't hold all these feels.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

You can be perfectly happy without a mate, but you would need a very elevated state of mind to be able to experience true happiness completely alone.

I guess I mean that in the sense that I don't really get any human interaction in real life and will never be in a relationship. Can poeple like that still be happy? Would you be able to be happy?

You know, for the brain, online interaction may be quite similar to RL human interaction in terms of the intellectual part. Also, pets can be a huge deal. A cat for example would be, in some ways, similar to a friend i suppose.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

I think a person can be happy alone. I am a person that's been happy alone. Alone doesn't always mean lonely.

I couldn't live without talking to humans in real life. And if there is no human to talk to, my cat is always there to listen :D

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I think a person can be happy alone. I am a person that's been happy alone. Alone doesn't always mean lonely.

This. 

I'm only lonely when I'm around other people. One of the many contradictions of my life.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I thought I could be alone forever and not care, but sometimes I see a cute girl and I feel so lonely I wish I didn't wake up next morning.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Of course they won't be happy. People make people happy.

Compatible with Windows 95

Human interaction is important, but a "relationship" is not necessary, helpful perhaps, but not necessary.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Of course they won't be happy. People make people happy.

I thought that was jetski's? 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Some people probably good, but most probably couldn't.

I know I'll live alone without a gf, but I'll have friends. I don't think I will get depressed because of this. There is a completely other different thing that gets me depressed, that I'll have to live with for the rest of my life. I know it'll never go away.  :( It's so damn difficult!!

if only i could stay alone for months on end, i'd be soooo happy.

people who are introverts and shut-ins by nature will find being alone better. 

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

So long as you have close friends around you, then you can be happy without being in a relationship. However, if you have no human interaction then I believe there is no way to be truly happy, because of the way the human brain works interaction with your own species helps with its development. There is even a theory in the African Bantu language, by the word ubuntu, that you only become a person through other people, which scientists and neurologists agree with.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Humans still need some social interaction even if it is virtual type. But hey I live alone 7 years and did not have relationship/girlfriend for 8 years. I am happy I have lots of other things to do and to learn. But sometimes I just need someone to talk to.

The anthem of the lonely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHAxQtR2nSc#t=12s

I won't lie to you all.  This is as good as it gets.  No one will ever, EVER be with you if you have no one right now.  If you ever do find a mate, they will not have ankles, they will have kankles.  Their neck will dissolve into their shoulders with only juts of fatty flesh extending outward.  This is the best any of you will be able to do.  But fear not, there is still the internet and VR, that is your only escape, a world where the digital representations are incapable of seeing your true self.

Seek that out.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Would you be able to be happy?

I think it would be impossible for a normal person. Humans are social by nature, it's never going to change. I couldn't imagine being isolated as you've so put it, I'd go mad.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

How can you be happy with other people around?

That's the REAL question.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

How can you be happy with other people around?

That's the REAL question.

It depends who the people are.

I'd be happy around: Jeremy Clarkson, Barry Gibb, Angus Young, Steve Winwood, James May, Richard Hammond, Tom Jones, Alice Cooper, Graham Bonnet, Billy Joel, Elton John, Every member of Madness and many many others.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen