AMD Radeon R9 295X2 price goes down, makes Titan-Z look like a joke to gamers

Bloodyvalley

yes it is marketed as a gaming card... we all get your point sir but we should also consider that it can do much more than gaming....

Of course it can. AMD cards are great for mining, but does AMD market them as mining cards? Nope. They're designed for gaming and that's what they market them as. What a card can do as opposed to what it's marketted to do is kind of irrelevant in this discussion.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

What Nvidia was trying to tell us was that, "WHY NOT HAVE BOTH?" compute + gaming performance both at the same time.. not all of us are full time gamers, some of us do kinds of stuffs like architechtural rendering or what..

clearly AMD wins the overall gamers side with its price to performance ratio since Titan Z is marketed as a gaming card but look at the brighter side for me, for us renderers at the same time gamers clearly Titan Z is a good to go card compared to workstation cards

Of course it can. AMD cards are great for mining, but does AMD market them as mining cards? Nope. They're designed for gaming and that's what they market them as. What a card can do as opposed to what it's marketted to do is kind of irrelevant in this discussion.

as i've said

Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.3ghz GPU: Asus GTX 770 Direct CU II SLI RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinums 4x4g 1866 PSU: Seasonic M12II 850w Bronze Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256g x 2 (Raid 0) - WDC Black 1tb Case: Corsair 500R

How cute.

This still costs $4000 where I live.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

as i've said

I see what you're trying to say, but the issue is that Nvidia has always marketed it as a gaming card. Have another look at that picture I linked. Where do they talk about compute performance? Nowhere, only stuff related to gaming there.

I see what you're trying to say, but the issue is that Nvidia has always marketted it as a gaming card. Have another look at that picture I linked. Where do they talk about compute performance? Nowhere, only stuff related to gaming there.

what "WE" (since im not the only one debating this card) have been trying to say is that... why do we have to look at its target market if "people" already know how powerful or what this card can do other than gaming... we can talk all day long about blah blah its a Geforce card so clearly its a gaming card.. or blah blah blah 295x2 can surpass this shit anytime of the day..

imho why don't we just end this debate and just look at its pros and cons clearly 295x2 has its own...

Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.3ghz GPU: Asus GTX 770 Direct CU II SLI RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinums 4x4g 1866 PSU: Seasonic M12II 850w Bronze Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256g x 2 (Raid 0) - WDC Black 1tb Case: Corsair 500R

what "WE" (since im not the only one debating this card) have been trying to say is that... why do we have to look at its target market if "people" already know how powerful or what this card can do other than gaming... we can talk all day long about blah blah its a Geforce card so clearly its a gaming card.. or blah blah blah 295x2 can surpass this shit anytime of the day..

imho why don't we just end this debate and just look at its pros and cons clearly 295x2 has its own...

Good question, why can't we have a discussion about an apple product without someone saying they are overpriced, why can't we discuss windows without someone saying MS is intentionally ignoring its clients, or what about a discussion on consoles without someone ranting about how they are a pissweak joke. 

For the Answer I suggest we look at the title of this thread:

amd-radeon-r9-295x2-price-goes-down-makes-titan-z-look-like-a-joke-to-gamers

Before the thread has even started there is a derogatory comment about the titan,  it is an unnecessary comment if we want to discuss only the 295x2, and a comment that incites a state of comparison or opposition to the tone of the thread.  We all know the price makes it irrelevant, and most people don't even consider the card when planning their PC.  In fact not too many people would even consider the 295x2 for exactly the same reason, it's a little out of the league of most gamers.  So why bother with a title like that or why bother to include it in the discussion?  A, because fanboys can't help themselves. They're either gloating because their brand is better or pissed because their brand is second best.  Either way they can't see it, won't accept it, and won't let people have their personal preferences.  That is why we can't discuss reality without a whole heap of irrelevant make believe being injected into the thread.

/rant

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It isn't. It's the single most powerful consumer GPU on the market. It has better double precision performance than anything outside the Tesla/FirePro lines, it can simulate and render simultaneously in real time, and it can also game. It wasn't meant to be a gaming card, but Nvidia will always go after more market share if it can. Quadros aren't great at gaming, but they're not jokes are they? This is the halfway point between a standard Geforce and a Quadro. Speaking of which, the Quadro version of the Titan Z costs a whopping $11,400.

In the title of the post, it says "...makes the Titan Z look like a joke to gamers."

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

Good question, why can't we have a discussion about an apple product without someone saying they are overpriced, why can't we discuss windows without someone saying MS is intentionally ignoring its clients, or what about a discussion on consoles without someone ranting about how they are a pissweak joke. 

Before the thread has even started there is a derogatory comment about the titan,  it is an unnecessary comment if we want to discuss only the 295x2, and a comment that incites a state of comparison or opposition to the tone of the thread.  We all know the price makes it irrelevant, and most people don't even consider the card when planning their PC.  In fact not too many people would even consider the 295x2 for exactly the same reason, it's a little out of the league of most gamers.  So why bother with a title like that or why bother to include it in the discussion?  A, because fanboys can't help themselves. They're either gloating because their brand is better or pissed because their brand is second best.  Either way they can't see it, won't accept it, and won't let people have their personal preferences.  That is why we can't discuss reality without a whole heap of irrelevant make believe being injected into the thread.

/rant

well that figures thanks sir... i couldn't agree more thats why they just can't stop talking about what is what this brings us the conclusion why they just couldn't stop kicking each other out....

better performance/price screw that titan is titan.

..amd should come up with better names...

Java Programmer, AMD Fanboy and soon to be casemodder

I'm too tired to have any sort of decent discussion right now, so I agree with ending this debate.

/rant

To be completely honest, I get a bit pissed when I see people defending the Titan Z because it feels like they're fanboying. To me, that card makes no sense for anything at that price (for me, a consumer/regular gamer), so when I see someone saying "but uh it's good for cuda stuff and computing and rendering and uhh shit like that" it just feels like they're pulling things out of their ass to try to defend the stupidly high price.

A gamer wouldn't by a TITAN Z in the first place because they don't need 6GB Vram and Double Precision.
If you need that much power you would just get 780Ti SLI.(Which has also better driver support)
And because it's a triple slot card it's also not good for small form factors.

I actually don't even get for who that card is because TITAN Black SLI is in every way better than a TITAN Z and also cheaper.

RTX2070OC 

Really? Where I live I see fewer and fewer.

Unless I peer into a coffee shop. Then they're all over the place. Hipsters.

I'm in a university town. I see nothing but macbooks and iphones. it's students.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I'm too tired to have any sort of decent discussion right now, so I agree with ending this debate.

To be completely honest, I get a bit pissed when I see people defending the Titan Z because it feels like they're fanboying. To me, that card makes no sense for anything at that price (for me, a consumer/regular gamer), so when I see someone saying "but uh it's good for cuda stuff and computing and rendering and uhh shit like that" it just feels like they're pulling things out of their ass to try to defend the stupidly high price.

I understand, though I would say the only reason the card doesn't make sense to most users is because of the price, not because of the capabilities or legitimacy of the card.  I agree about the defending the price, I don't know if the price is justified or not by engineering or its abilities in rendering.  but I do know that it's just as silly to argue the price is acceptable to gamers as it is to argue that the card is not a gaming card. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

TITAN NOT FOR GAMING

the same way X99 not for gaming

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

I just puked in my mouth reading that.

Agreed

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

titan z price now is 1400$

Wrong only for OEMs

d7ec042ea6984f35a6283e1043bbe8bd.jpg

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I'm in a university town. I see nothing but macbooks and iphones. it's students/hipsters.

fixed

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Are you fucking serious I bought 2 last month.... Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Make a topic on the performance you are getting or give me a link.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Make a topic on the performance you are getting or give me a link.

Ya i'm not able to do that at the moment because i'm on vacation. I get back in a little under two weeks but ill make sure to do make a topic then, and if I remember to i'll notify you about the topic.

Edit: But when I was able to use it  I was getting great FPS in every game except for Metro Last light. There were problems though (i.e. Drivers, scaling, and game artifactinf and flickering in some games when the second card was activated.)

PLEASE USE PCPARTPICKER.  My rig: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZBmWjX

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/introducing-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-z talks about both compute performance for researchers and gaming. 

The TITAN Z isn't the only option for a dual-GPU gaming setup, you can get similar gaming performance from 780 Ti SLI. Nvidia probably doesn't even need to launch a GTX 790 to stay competitive. 

I didn't deny that it talks about both. I was arguing against the "not gaming" part. That's just a flimsy excuse to make the card seem like it serves a purpose... even though 2x Titan Black is cheaper and faster.