AMD Radeon R9 295X2 price goes down, makes Titan-Z look like a joke to gamers

Bloodyvalley

First of all ATi is gone, has been gone for 8 years now.

Second of all why would anyone care how much money AMD makes selling their cards unless your invested in their stocks which you're obviously not.

Thirdly at $999 AMD would still be making very good profit on each 295X2 sold because the CLC would only cost about $80 with the fans so that's $920 for two 290Xs or an equivalent of $460 which is just $40 under the current price of the 290X and still over $100 more than a 290 which is based on the same GPU.

And I can guarantee you AMD is making money on each 290 they're selling, hence they're making even more money on each 290X & 295X2 they're selling.

They're definitely not as insane or greedy as Nvidia to ask a thousand bucks for a single GPU and a stupid 2 grand for a dual GPU card.

AMD assimilated ATI's engineers. Really do you think everyone around you can't think several steps ahead? AMD is not a unified team of engineers. There's a GPU team, a CPU team, and an APU team. Their GPUs are made by the same ATI engineers as before +- a couple.

You've also forgotten dual cards cost much more to engineer and construct which is why they're the last ones in a line to launch and are always at a much higher price point than 2x a single card.

Nvidia isn't greedy for asking $1000 for a GK110 GPU. Selling 5760 cores at 50 cents each is a steal. It's the biggest chip they've ever made which had stupidly low yields. Plus, Nvidia still commands about 80% of the dGPU market in servers and supercomputers. The demand keeps all of its prices up. AMD would cost just as much if they had market dominance. Never fear though, Maxwell is proving a cheap architecture to build, and in 25 years Nvidia won't be selling consumer GPUs. AMD's ability to host x86 and GCN on a SOC and XFire it with its own GPUs gives it a serious performance advantage in the future over Nvidia while also being cheaper.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I don't have a water loop to integrate it in to, so that'd add another 300+ bucks to the price. Probably more, because if I'm going to waste the time on a water loop then I'm going to do it properly and make it look really nice.

HUH?! You can get an Alphacool dual radiator and all tubing/fittings for less than $250, and it will function better than the AMD AIO. If it weren't for the fact EVGA internally bins its GPUs, I'd buy a reference Titan Black and put an EK block on it, but no, I have to buy a Hydrocopper, remove the first block, and fit a new one :P

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

HUH?! You can get an Alphacool dual radiator and all tubing/fittings for less than $250, and it will function better than the AMD AIO. If it weren't for the fact EVGA internally bins its GPUs, I'd buy a reference Titan Black and put an EK block on it, but no, I have to buy a Hydrocopper, remove the first block, and fit a new one :P

Yeah, but like I said. If I'm going to spend the time to set that up, I'm going full hog on it and getting the spiral reservoirs and plated CPU + GPU blocks and plated fittings and everything. It is mostly just for aesthetics nowadays, so I don't see the point of cheaping out and just getting a block and rad and tubing. I specced out a water loop for my current build and to make it look the way I wanted, it would have set me back 650 Euro.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Yeah, but like I said. If I'm going to spend the time to set that up, I'm going full hog on it and getting the spiral reservoirs and plated CPU + GPU blocks and plated fittings and everything. It is mostly just for aesthetics nowadays, so I don't see the point of cheaping out and just getting a block and rad and tubing. I specced out a water loop for my current build and to make it look the way I wanted, it would have set me back 650 Euro.

True, looks cost a lot. The good news is once you buy fittings you can reuse them and polish them if you buy brass or nickel fittings.

The sad part is the 295x2 still outperforms the titan Z just because it doesn't throttle

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

The sad part is the 295x2 still outperforms the titan Z just because it doesn't throttle

And has a huge clock rate advantage in the first place, and Mantle.

Second of all why would anyone care how much money AMD makes selling their cards unless your invested in their stocks which you're obviously not.

I did lol. AMD stocks are very low per stock and fluctuates, so all I do is buy a couple thousand shares at like $4ish before , let it rise to $5+ and then sell. Rinse and repeat. Made quite a bit by doing that.

Funny how I also have stocks in Intel. And Apple because people are so ignorant. Can only give props to their advertising, not much else they have to offer. 

I did lol. AMD stocks are very low per stock and fluctuates, so all I do is buy a couple thousand shares at like $4ish before , let it rise to $5+ and then sell. Rinse and repeat. Made quite a bit by doing that.

Funny how I also have stocks in Intel. And Apple because people are so ignorant. Can only give props to their advertising, not much else they have to offer. 

So many people regret not buying apple when it was $1 or even $7 a share. At least now Apple's best days are behind it. It'll be worth half its current market value by 2035. The leadership is all but gone. There's a hail mary being thrown trying to release cheaper products to try to widen market share, but it's not working much.

So many people regret not buying apple when it was $1 or even $7 a share. At least now Apple's best days are behind it. It'll be worth half its current market value by 2035. The leadership is all but gone. There's a hail mary being thrown trying to release cheaper products to try to widen market share, but it's not working much.

Yeah, I invested much later but even so, as long as you have enough money to invest, you can still make alot from Apple right now. While I am happy from a consumer standpoint that people are starting to realize that Apple products aren't the best and there are better options, but from an investor standpoint, I am going to sell after the iPhone 6 releases because it's going to be a disappointment no doubt about it.

You say this, but 2/3 of all phones I see on a daily basis are apple, and 1/2 of all the laptops I see are apple.

Their leadership may be done, but their ID is king, and they have a very large following.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

You say this, but 2/3 of all phones I see on a daily basis are apple, and 1/2 of all the laptops I see are apple.

Their leadership may be done, but their ID is king, and they have a very large following.

really, not where I live, everyone have started to move away from apple products.

Yeah, I invested much later but even so, as long as you have enough money to invest, you can still make alot from Apple right now. While I am happy from a consumer standpoint that people are starting to realize that Apple products aren't the best and there are better options, but from an investor standpoint, I am going to sell after the iPhone 6 releases because it's going to be a disappointment no doubt about it.

You mean sell right before the launch, right? Also, I like the construction on my Macbook Pro (apart from the keyboard), but I got hipped paying $200 more for a model than I would have 3 weeks later when they switched to the 4980HQ and dropped prices. Apple not announcing launches has officially burned me so now I resent the company. Sorry but that's exactly the customer experience you do not want wealthy clients to have.

Their phone market share is falling against Samsung and LG as well as Nexus. They're done unless the iPhone 6 leaks have all been B.S..

implying titan z wasn't already a joke

It isn't. It's the single most powerful consumer GPU on the market. It has better double precision performance than anything outside the Tesla/FirePro lines, it can simulate and render simultaneously in real time, and it can also game. It wasn't meant to be a gaming card, but Nvidia will always go after more market share if it can. Quadros aren't great at gaming, but they're not jokes are they? This is the halfway point between a standard Geforce and a Quadro. Speaking of which, the Quadro version of the Titan Z costs a whopping $11,400.

Oh my.... that is pretty nice.

Tempting me AMD.... you are tempting me.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

If I had the money for these sort of cards I'd be going Green Team because I'd want the best PhysX rig money could buy and if I paid much more for it so be it. Nvidia .... play games the way they were meant to be played.

Something tells me you love reading angry replys

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

You mean sell right before the launch, right? Also, I like the construction on my Macbook Pro (apart from the keyboard), but I got hipped paying $200 more for a model than I would have 3 weeks later when they switched to the 4980HQ and dropped prices. Apple not announcing launches has officially burned me so now I resent the company. Sorry but that's exactly the customer experience you do not want wealthy clients to have.

No after launch because there is going to be so many people blindly buying it, the disappointment will kick in afterwards, so I plan on selling a few days after sales start slowing which I typically have found to be the peak in stock prices.

But again, im not into investing that much and I'm 15 with the account technically under my father's name, but it is pretty much mine so long as I pay back the initial investment deposit. So far after factoring the initial deposit, I gained over $5000 bucks after liquidating my AMD stocks and another i forgot the name of and for a hobby, I must be doing something right lol.

Yet I still running an AMD 4300, HD 6670, 4GB of Ram, with no ssd. T_T. Hopefully that'll all change soon  :D

No after launch because there is going to be so many people blindly buying it, the disappointment will kick in afterwards, so I plan on selling a few days after sales start slowing which I typically have found to be the peak in stock prices.

But again, im not into investing that much and I'm 15 with the account technically under my father's name, but it is pretty much mine so long as I pay back the initial investment deposit. So far after factoring the initial deposit, I gained over $5000 bucks after liquidating my AMD stocks and another i forgot the name of and for a hobby, I must be doing something right lol.

Yet I still running an AMD 4300, HD 6670, 4GB of Ram, with no ssd. T_T. Hopefully that'll all change soon  :D

Hehe, waiting for the 880/TI before you decide on AMD or Nvidia for your next big build?

God I hope when Cannonlake launches I can get an iGPU so strong it'll game great for 3-4 years before I have to buy a dGPU. Or if AMD gets its act together and improves the hybrid XFire I could even switch to them and wait 3-4 years before getting a dGPU to XFire with. RIP Nvidia (in the consumer market anyway).

Damn. Red team just shoved dual-GPU awesomeness down green team's throat.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

man talk about competition benefiting the consumer.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

Damn. Red team just shoved dual-GPU awesomeness down green team's throat.

I won't be surprised if Nvidia finds a way to prove predatory pricing and begins an anti-trust lawsuit. There's no way AMD isn't taking a loss on the 295x2 at these prices.

But the Titan Z is meant for computing, not gaming... Wrong comparison.

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

But the Titan Z is meant for computing, not gaming... Wrong comparison.

But Titan Z is the only dual GPU from competitor which is more expensive and perform worse (except double precision work)... so to what else do you want to compare it to?

But Titan Z is the only dual GPU from competitor which is more expensive and perform worse (except double precision work)... so to what else do you want to compare it to?

Think of it as an academic research tool/toy (hence the price tag). What other card in the world can simultaneously simulate physics and render it in real time? It's a bleeding-edge technology that was designed for things way beyond gaming. It's a dual-quadro without ECC basically.