AMD Radeon R9 295X2 price goes down, makes Titan-Z look like a joke to gamers

Bloodyvalley

I agree I guess, but would that not make someone, who spends lots of our on facebook playing candy crush, a gamer by that definition? Indeed what would be a passion for that person, if he/she spends a lot of time and money on that game? I don't identify with that person, and I personally don't see that as a gamer; at least not the same way I am a gamer. But this IS semantics, definitions. And they are blurry and greyzoned at best.

Do you have to have a good camera to be passionate about photography? When are you just taking pictures, and when are you actually a photographer? It's not easy to draw a line.

I see your point. I've got good camera gear, know most of the ins and outs of using it effectively, know photography theory & take 1000's of images on a trip but I wouldn't call myself a photographer. I wouldn't even call myself a gamer, owning a gaming PC, loads of cheap Summer Sale games & plenty of hours invested.

So I guess, for mine, regular participation in the activity (ie; take many images), maintain some deeper interest/passion/investment (eg; enter photo comps, further photography knowledge, keep up to date with latest gear, etc) & identifying yourself (eg; as a photographer) are the requisites.

But w/e, what's it really matter right?