VAC banned for no reason...

OnCue
Go to solution Solved by OnCue,

It's a moot point. As we've already stated, the bans aren't "immediate". You could've gotten flagged for a VAC ban weeks prior to you playing CS:GO.

The videos are pointless.

You're going to fight this battle and you're going to lose.

if you can prove that the ban was a false positive it should be removed, valve has already lifted false positives, but remember that even a auto jump script will trigger a vac ban so make sure you haven't used stuff like a speed hack or an auto jump script or you'll get nowhere

I thought that if your account got vac banned you lost your inventory?

Story always goes the same way like a predictable B-movie script.

Funny thing is the rare ones that are indeed false positive, you can tell it's plausible because they don't follow the above script.

Hackers are generally all cut from the same cloth, use the same excuses, choice of words,subject.... almost like they are all the same person.

Profiling works.

Next time don't cheat or don't get keylogged.

That sounds sus to me. It seems like someone who was playing with you has Mod powers or whatever and killed and banned you so that you wouldn't win. That is definitely not nice, not excusable at all. I would definitely get in contact with Valve because that just isn't right. I think that if someone did do that to you then that is most definitely a form of cheating. BTW, did you happen do say something nasty to them at all? Even so they shouldn't be able to kill you off and ban you. I would be so annoyed over that. I don't really play games myself but I still don't like to see others treated unfairly. It's just not right. :angry: :(

You were caught. VAC doesn't ban people willy lilly for no apparent reason. Get ESEA premium and play with the big boys if you want to get good.

No need to be wallhacking/aimbotting.

A new update for everyone who commented on this: I looked on my main account today and saw that the "VAC Bans on Record" stamp was gone off my profile, I then launched CS:GO and... I WAS NO LONGER VAC BANNED!! I have no clue what happened but the lord GabeN has smiled upon me today. Thank you to all who supported me when it happened :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

post-56901-0-72192500-1416782420.jpg

So like 5 minutes ago I was playing with my friends on CS:GO in a competitive match. I was in first place with a score of 24-10 in the 25th round, and we were about to win. I was then killed, and all of a sudden I saw "VAC banned from secure server" or something like that. Problem is, I've never hacked in my entire life, not a single time. Every time I play it's 100% legit, and frankly, my steam library is my life, so why would I even risk that? 

So my question is, is there a number I can call to appeal this ban? Or a support email or something? Like I'm desperate right now, guys. please help. 

Edit: this is as far as I've gotten... Thanks Valve...

post-56901-0-39718600-1409468867.jpg

Edit #2: I've gotten the film of the last 3 games I've played also, maybe that'll be useful at some point...

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

So like 5 minutes ago I was playing with my friends on CS:GO in a competitive match. I was in first place with a score of 24-10 in the 25th round, and we were about to win. I was then killed, and all of a sudden I saw "VAC banned from secure server" or something like that. Problem is, I've never hacked in my entire life, not a single time. Every time I play it's 100% legit, and frankly, my steam library is my life, so why would I even risk that?

So my question is, is there a number I can call to appeal this ban? Or a support email or something? Like I'm desperate right now, guys. please help.

you can try, but valve claims that VAC bans are permanent

http://www.valvesoftware.com/contact/

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

I really hope you can contact Steam Support, I heard that it's terrible.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

is there a way to get a video of the game? 

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Does VAC still work by scanning your computer for hacks the way anti-v does for viruses? If so did you have a USB plugged in that may have had anything on it?

is there a way to get a video of the game?

I'll try and see if I can, that would help, thanks.

Does VAC still work by scanning your computer for hacks the way anti-v does for viruses? If so did you have a USB plugged in that may have had anything on it?

Nothing different than when I started playing like 12 hours ago, and yet I got banned now...

That's what I'm trying to use right now, thanks.

That sounds sus to me. It seems like someone who was playing with you has Mod powers or whatever and killed and banned you so that you wouldn't win. That is definitely not nice, not excusable at all. I would definitely get in contact with Valve because that just isn't right. I think that if someone did do that to you then that is most definitely a form of cheating. BTW, did you happen do say something nasty to them at all? Even so they shouldn't be able to kill you off and ban you. I would be so annoyed over that. I don't really play games myself but I still don't like to see others treated unfairly. It's just not right. :angry: :(

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Chances are you will get a generic response that's just copied and pasted from their Terms of Service. If you do get a real response hopefully they can help you. It isn't very likely though.

You were caught. VAC doesn't ban people willy lilly for no apparent reason. Get ESEA premium and play with the big boys if you want to get good.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Bro, I've never cheated...ever, If I did why would I lie about it.

You have to contact Steam Support, they only do email: https://support.steampowered.com/

Good luck.

Trying that right now.

Chances are you will get a generic response that's just copied and pasted from their Terms of Service. If you do get a real response hopefully they can help you. It isn't very likely though.

Yeah that's what I'm expecting, but I'm not giving up, I spent my hard earned money on this game, I'm not gonna let them take it away from me for no reason.

Bro, I've never cheated...ever, If I did why would I lie about it.

I've been playing cs long enough to know that vac doesn't ban people for no apparent reason. Are you sharing your account info?

You can appeal your ban. However, I don't think you'll get very far.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

I've been playing cs long enough to know that vac doesn't ban people for no apparent reason. Are you sharing your account info?

I don't think I am, but who knows at this point. Trying to appeal atm.

Yeah that's what I'm expecting, but I'm not giving up, I spent my hard earned money on this game, I'm not gonna let them take it away from me for no reason.

You can always trade any items to another account and do that. As ridiculous as it is mistakes are made, VAC isn't perfect, neither is any software sometimes mistakes happen. It sucks but there really isn't much you can do.

In the past though VAC was pretty bad at banning anyone so it really couldn't bn anyone for a good reason anyway. An admin always had to do everything. Man I miss admins, and being one too AMX Mod X was amazing.

In the past though VAC was pretty bad at banning anyone so it really couldn't bn anyone for a good reason anyway. An admin always had to do everything. Man I miss admins, and being one too AMX Mod X was amazing.

Yeah, good times. :D

Edit: this is as far as I've gotten... Thanks Valve...

I recommend you remove that image and edit out your email and Steam login.

Do you have Steam Guard enabled? Are you sure you didn't get phished? Have you checked your machine for malware/trojans/rats/keyloggers?

I recommend you remove that image and edit out your email and Steam login.

Do you have Steam Guard enabled? Are you sure you didn't get phished? Have you checked your machine for malware/trojans/rats/keyloggers?

Thanks, I didn't notice that. 

I'm not sure if I have Steam Guard enabled, I mean I would assume so if that's how it comes. I did recently play with a guy who was wallhacking, but my team wouldn't let me kick him. I also haven't done any sort of virus scan in a couple of weeks, so that's a possibility, thanks for the response.

Thanks, I didn't notice that. 

I'm not sure if I have Steam Guard enabled, I mean I would assume so if that's how it comes. I did recently play with a guy who was wallhacking, but my team wouldn't let me kick him. I also haven't done any sort of virus scan in a couple of weeks, so that's a possibility, thanks for the response.

In the Steam client, on the top right click on "Steam", then "Settings" and on the window that pops up should say whether Steam Guard is enabled or not.

Example;

360ac7115e.png

Nothing different than when I started playing like 12 hours ago, and yet I got banned now...

VAC bans are delayed bans btw

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Yep. Whatever he was doing when the ban was enforced is a moot point. VAC doesn't do "rolling" bans...they let them pile up and then enforce them all at the same time.

Chances are OP has a brother or something that he let use his account and/or malware on his system that led him to the ban. 

VAC doesn't ban without good reasons. Literally the only plausible way to get banned if it detects some kind of code injected into the game. Also because of this VAC bans are almost impossible to appeal. Good luck with Steam Support but don't get your hopes up. Worst case you'll need to make a new account just for CSGO and transfer your items.

if you can prove that the ban was a false positive it should be removed, valve has already lifted false positives, but remember that even a auto jump script will trigger a vac ban so make sure you haven't used stuff like a speed hack or an auto jump script or you'll get nowhere

VAC doesn't ban without good reasons. Literally the only plausible way to get banned if it detects some kind of code injected into the game. Also because of this VAC bans are almost impossible to appeal. Good luck with Steam Support but don't get your hopes up. Worst case you'll need to make a new account just for CSGO and transfer your items.

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

I've read an article on how Valve gets to ban users in the most advanced and secure way possible.

Of course you log in, you're using your regular all around computer for Steam. They know your IP. They flag certain sites, most probably, these sites contain cheats/hacks for certain games, and if you've visited one of these sites, you'll immediately get flagged by Valve.

Here's more on an article about it.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

Yep. Whatever he was doing when the ban was enforced is a moot point. VAC doesn't do "rolling" bans...they let them pile up and then enforce them all at the same time.

Chances are OP has a brother or something that he let use his account and/or malware on his system that led him to the ban.

Thanks guys, I didn't know that.

Yeah one of my friends had the same thing happen to him, but in CSS, he logged like 2300 hours into the game and then got banned. They later repealed the ban after a couple weeks though, I'm hoping that's how this goes.

And yeah, my inventory is all still there.