VAC banned for no reason...

OnCue
Go to solution Solved by OnCue,

It's a moot point. As we've already stated, the bans aren't "immediate". You could've gotten flagged for a VAC ban weeks prior to you playing CS:GO.

The videos are pointless.

You're going to fight this battle and you're going to lose.

if you can prove that the ban was a false positive it should be removed, valve has already lifted false positives, but remember that even a auto jump script will trigger a vac ban so make sure you haven't used stuff like a speed hack or an auto jump script or you'll get nowhere

I thought that if your account got vac banned you lost your inventory?

Story always goes the same way like a predictable B-movie script.

Funny thing is the rare ones that are indeed false positive, you can tell it's plausible because they don't follow the above script.

Hackers are generally all cut from the same cloth, use the same excuses, choice of words,subject.... almost like they are all the same person.

Profiling works.

Next time don't cheat or don't get keylogged.

That sounds sus to me. It seems like someone who was playing with you has Mod powers or whatever and killed and banned you so that you wouldn't win. That is definitely not nice, not excusable at all. I would definitely get in contact with Valve because that just isn't right. I think that if someone did do that to you then that is most definitely a form of cheating. BTW, did you happen do say something nasty to them at all? Even so they shouldn't be able to kill you off and ban you. I would be so annoyed over that. I don't really play games myself but I still don't like to see others treated unfairly. It's just not right. :angry: :(

You were caught. VAC doesn't ban people willy lilly for no apparent reason. Get ESEA premium and play with the big boys if you want to get good.

No need to be wallhacking/aimbotting.

A new update for everyone who commented on this: I looked on my main account today and saw that the "VAC Bans on Record" stamp was gone off my profile, I then launched CS:GO and... I WAS NO LONGER VAC BANNED!! I have no clue what happened but the lord GabeN has smiled upon me today. Thank you to all who supported me when it happened :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

post-56901-0-72192500-1416782420.jpg

Yeah one of my friends had the same thing happen to him, but in CSS, he logged like 2300 hours into the game and then got banned. They later repealed the ban after a couple weeks though, I'm hoping that's how this goes.

And yeah, my inventory is all still there.

Yeah but I think you cannot trade the items while you are VAC banned

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

They flag certain sites, most probably, these sites contain cheats/hacks for certain games, and if you've visited one of these sites, you'll immediately get flagged by Valve.

Here's more on an article about it.

That's not what the article is saying. It didn't ban you for visiting sites.  

It banned you for accessing servers that cheaters used to verify if you paid for a cheat before allowing you to use their cheats.  As the article says "As a result the Cheat makers had now moved on from using this server-based system, largely because Valve had tackled it."

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

Yeah but I think you cannot trade the items while you are VAC banned

welp, that'll be a problem

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

Stop lying you pathetic loser, kids like you should be banned.

I was just about to compliment the community on this forum, as this was pretty much all I got from others. Thing is, I couldn't care less whether you believe me or not, I didn't cheat and never have. Also I'm 18 in 13 days.

Funny thing is the rare ones that are indeed false positive, you can tell it's plausible because they don't follow the above script.

Hackers are generally all cut from the same cloth, use the same excuses, choice of words,subject.... almost like they are all the same person.

Profiling works.

cool

cool

Ya it is, makes things so easy spot you.

i feel you, i got votekicked for no reason two games in a row and now i have a 7 day competitive cooldown

good example of how cs:s is better than cs:go

That's exactly how I feel, I put 1,000+ hours into CSS and fell in love. I only had ~100 on GO as of two nights ago, and now I might never play it again.

I was just about to compliment the community on this forum, as this was pretty much all I got from others. Thing is, I couldn't care less whether you believe me or not, I didn't cheat and never have. Also I'm 18 in 13 days.

Curing shitposts by shitposts

So like 5 minutes ago I was playing with my friends on CS:GO in a competitive match. I was in first place with a score of 24-10 in the 25th round, and we were about to win. I was then killed, and all of a sudden I saw "VAC banned from secure server" or something like that. Problem is, I've never hacked in my entire life, not a single time. Every time I play it's 100% legit, and frankly, my steam library is my life, so why would I even risk that? 

So my question is, is there a number I can call to appeal this ban? Or a support email or something? Like I'm desperate right now, guys. please help. 

The VAC system never fails when banning someone. If you were banned then you were using an external source for the game. Every time you open a game through steam it is checked to see if there is anything there that isn't supported by Valve, If there is something that shouldn't than you will be banned. There has only ever been one case were a VAC ban has been revoked and that was with Call of duty MW2. Thousands of people were banned for no reason but they were unbanned. If you were banned then you did something wrong, so do us all a favor and stop lying to us. Cheers :)

Also they will never revoke that ban, they've only done that once.

Mods feel free to take down this thread, I'm no longer getting help.

Profiling works.

The thing is that the people that use the "above scripte" are either the one that indeed were a false positive, or the hackers that hacked on their main account instead of a secondary because they thought that VAC was bad enough to not catch them, most of the time it's not the latter. Most cheaters have like 5 accounts because they wouldn't want to risk getting a VAC ban on their account with 100+ games and 600 hours on csgo or whatever.

The VAC system never fails when banning someone. If you were banned then you were using an external source for the game. Every time you open a game through steam it is checked to see if there is anything there that isn't supported by Valve, If there is something that shouldn't than you will be banned. There has only ever been one case were a VAC ban has been revoked and that was with Call of duty MW2. Thousands of people were banned for no reason but they were unbanned. If you were banned then you did something wrong, so do us all a favor and stop lying to us. Cheers  :)

Also they will never revoke that ban, they've only done that once.

The VAC system is not perfect, I've heard of a couple of false positives that had their ban lifted. Plus it's been proven that sometime VAC marks some software as cheats because it might not be "legit" even if it's not a wallhack for csgo. There's even been problems with people getting banned for corrupt game files (most of these are classified as a "minor disruptive" and only last a week so there hasn't been much exposure on this topic)

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

That's not what the article is saying. It didn't ban you for visiting sites.  

It banned you for accessing servers that cheaters used to verify if you paid for a cheat before allowing you to use their cheats.  As the article says "As a result the Cheat makers had now moved on from using this server-based system, largely because Valve had tackled it."

Yes. but my point being your PC will get flagged automatically, and if someone reports you that's certainly not good alongside that flag.

In any case, I think OP just gave up.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

Yes. but my point being your PC will get flagged automatically, and if someone reports you that's certainly not good alongside that flag.

In any case, I think OP just gave up.

Yeah, I already created a different account just for CS:GO. 

Now to get my 1700 kills back on my StatTrak SSG 08.

I've never known anyone be VAC banned for nothing, but that's not to say you're a liar. As with anything there is  always room for  error. If you'd be so kind to update the thread if you do happen to hear more from Valve, especially if you manage to get it over turned. I'd love to know how they deal with such things. 

I do remember when one pro player was VAC banned, I think it was appealed though not sure if it was successful 

EDIT: Players name was Roca 

http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/864969953596525269/

Here's a post from a member of Valves team mentioning that Overwatch has never false flagged "pro" players

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=34511304&postcount=13

So in honesty it's not looking good for you, the stance seems to be that the system in place works, and only those proven cheaters will be banned, I'm assuming its been Overwatch through CS:GO? or is there a chance you've picked the ban up from another game? (I'm not 100% sure how it works) 

I've never known anyone be VAC banned for nothing, but that's not to say you're a liar. As with anything there is  always room for  error. If you'd be so kind to update the thread if you do happen to hear more from Valve, especially if you manage to get it over turned. I'd love to know how they deal with such things. 

I do remember when one pro player was VAC banned, I think it was appealed though not sure if it was successful 

EDIT: Players name was Roca 

http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/864969953596525269/

Here's a post from a member of Valves team mentioning that Overwatch has never false flagged "pro" players

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=34511304&postcount=13

So in honesty it's not looking good for you, the stance seems to be that the system in place works, and only those proven cheaters will be banned, I'm assuming its been Overwatch through CS:GO? or is there a chance you've picked the ban up from another game? (I'm not 100% sure how it works) 

Yeah, at this point it seems like nobody cares about me, and my word is shit apparently (along with the gameplay videos from every one of my recent matches in which I'm clearly not hacking). So I already bought another copy for another account. 

Yeah, at this point it seems like nobody cares about me, and my word is shit apparently (along with the gameplay videos from every one of my recent matches in which I'm clearly not hacking). So I already bought another copy for another account. 

Luckily CS:GO is a relatively cheap game anyway, you could be more out of pocket. I'd still follow the issue up with Valve though, I'm sure if needed they could review the Overwatch of whenever the "cheating" took place (assuming CS:GO as post above) 

Luckily CS:GO is a relatively cheap game anyway, you could be more out of pocket. I'd still follow the issue up with Valve though, I'm sure if needed they could review the Overwatch of whenever the "cheating" took place (assuming CS:GO as post above) 

It said to wait 3-5 business days for an email from valve, when that happens I hope that someone will review the footage and realize that I suck and have never used mods :P If that works out then I can just give the new account to one of my friends, or use it for skin drops or something, we'll see.

It said to wait 3-5 business days for an email from valve, when that happens I hope that someone will review the footage and realize that I suck and have never used mods :P If that works out then I can just give the new account to one of my friends, or use it for skin drops or something, we'll see.

Yeah well, I wish you all the best, maybe one day you'll get your account back, just keep trying them.

BTW, SSG 08 is my favorite primary weapon in CS:GO :lol: It's not overpowered like the AWP. And you'd have to be really good to get a 1 shot 1 kill with that. Headshots  B)

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

It's a moot point. As we've already stated, the bans aren't "immediate". You could've gotten flagged for a VAC ban weeks prior to you playing CS:GO.

• 2 months later...

if you can prove that the ban was a false positive it should be removed, valve has already lifted false positives, but remember that even a auto jump script will trigger a vac ban so make sure you haven't used stuff like a speed hack or an auto jump script or you'll get nowhere

I thought that if your account got vac banned you lost your inventory?

Profiling works.

That sounds sus to me. It seems like someone who was playing with you has Mod powers or whatever and killed and banned you so that you wouldn't win. That is definitely not nice, not excusable at all. I would definitely get in contact with Valve because that just isn't right. I think that if someone did do that to you then that is most definitely a form of cheating. BTW, did you happen do say something nasty to them at all? Even so they shouldn't be able to kill you off and ban you. I would be so annoyed over that. I don't really play games myself but I still don't like to see others treated unfairly. It's just not right. :angry: :(

You were caught. VAC doesn't ban people willy lilly for no apparent reason. Get ESEA premium and play with the big boys if you want to get good.

No need to be wallhacking/aimbotting.

A new update for everyone who commented on this: I looked on my main account today and saw that the "VAC Bans on Record" stamp was gone off my profile, I then launched CS:GO and... I WAS NO LONGER VAC BANNED!! I have no clue what happened but the lord GabeN has smiled upon me today. Thank you to all who supported me when it happened :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

post-56901-0-72192500-1416782420.jpg

@TheGlobalLegacy

One steam account with your avatar and name still seems to be banned, and the date seems about right too:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/thegloballegacy

It is also friends with the steam account in your picture in the post above is from.

I believe that you are trying to lie to us that you did not cheat and showing your other steam or friends account instead?

#REKT

Curing shitposts by shitposts

@TheGlobalLegacy

One steam account with your avatar and name still seems to be banned, and the date seems about right too:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/thegloballegacy

It is also friends with the steam account in your picture in the post above is from.

I believe that you are trying to lie to us that you did not cheat and showing your other steam or friends account instead?

#REKT

I'm with you.

I think he posted a screenshot to his new account that he admitted he created. The VAC ban account has 135 games, and the account which doesn't have the VAC ban only has 14.

Pretty sad.