Time Warner Cable just had a nationwide service outage

TopWargamer

"and phone calls to the company are yielding nothing but busy signals"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

There you go, enjoy your free and awesome 'Murica while you keep bashing other countries. Because we all know "that could never happen in the US!" :D

Writtent from a "3rd world country that is full of terrorists" on a stable internet that goes out once in 3 months for about half an hour.

KTNXBYE.

So much salt that my blood pressure just doubled from reading this post. Dear god man!

False, secretly all the major isp's are run by one group of people, which is why they do not compete with one another and why prices are so high.

That's oversimplifying it quite a bit, but yeah.

Is that what happened?? I thought it was my hardware. I was rebooting my router and modem for hours

So was I xD until I got a friend to go to their website. I knew something was up then.

Thanks capt. Everyone does, but Time Warner is one of the major ones and a ton of famous people use it. Who would have guessed there would be such a problem as reaching your ISP is such an advanced and 1st world place. :P

This. I like this guy. you are now my friend.

That's oversimplifying it quite a bit, but yeah.

Well, when you think about it it makes a lot of sense. The ISPs don't share lines, areas, cities, roads, or neighborhoods, they all have the same pricing for the most part (maybe thats just my area) and heck, they all teamed up to make hulu to compete with netflix (although I think Verizon isn't a part of that but they own Redbox). Also, if fiber is so much fast than copper why does Verizon offer the same speeds and prices as Comcast? BS I tell you, bs.

Well, when you think about it it makes a lot of sense. The ISPs don't share lines, areas, cities, roads, or neighborhoods, they all have the same pricing for the most part (maybe thats just my area) and heck, they all teamed up to make hulu to compete with netflix (although I think Verizon isn't a part of that but they own Redbox). Also, if fiber is so much fast than copper why does Verizon offer the same speeds and prices as Comcast? BS I tell you, bs.

Hulu was created by NBC (before Comcast bought them), Fox, and Disney. Anyway, the ISPs make deals and sign contracts with various cities and counties. It's not exactly a secret why things are like they are. It's not some secret group owning them all, it's legalized price fixing, monopolistic tactics, and behind closed doors deals to split up the nation. Even in areas where large ISPs compete it's all price fixing to keep pricing roughly in line. Fiber is better than copper but it doesn't matter when Verizon would rather be a shitty company than spend money actually improving things. There is no real competition between the major ISPs because they don't want it, they'd rather work together to give the least possible effort for the highest possible profit and due to the amount of money Comcast, AT&T, and Verizon toss into the government they can get away with it.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh. Seriously, how do you screw up that badly!? Well, this is TWC, one of the masters of screwing up, so ya...

Uh..

Outside of the bad pricing due to the anti-competitive behaviors of ISPs in the U.S. that both causes bad pricing and slower speeds than what is possible, my TWC experience has been flawless up until this point for network quality and uptime. Even their customer support reps have been awesome and I'm sure to tell them when they are.  :mellow: It's nothing like Comcast.. I just hate that I'm forced to pay $50+ for stable internet that's capable of 1080p streams.

I knew it was bad since it was IPv6 down on my network, then the entire thing shut down when the DNS server was dead/whole TWC network crashed. Took 20 min for websites to start responding again (sort of..?) and another hour or so before most websites were functioning properly. My internet was never down according to my computer, still had a signal or something but it was having issues reaching domains/IPs. Twitch was having problems with stuttering/buffering afterward but I'm not sure if that was on TWC's end. Simple VPN fixed the problem.

We get swamped with just one beam on satellite internet going down I can't imagine something so massive, they probably have even the janitors answering calls saying "we know, chill the fuck out we'll get you back online soon, kthxbye *click*"

-------

Current Rig

-------

This is what happens when they use old shitty routers with 512K BGP tables in 2014.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I'm in Ohio and I was never down.

Then you don't have TWC. It was down for literally everyone. 

Then you don't have TWC. It was down for literally everyone. 

I have TWC....

It was not.

This isn't a question. I have TWC and am in Ohio. I was never down for a second.

I have TWC....

It was not.

This isn't a question. I have TWC and am in Ohio. I was never down for a second.

You may have not noticed it, but it was down. Even in ohio. This isn't a question either, it's a fact. I work for an ISP, Ohio was confirmed down. 

You may have not noticed it, but it was down. Even in ohio. This isn't a question either, it's a fact. I work for an ISP, Ohio was confirmed down. 

That's nice. I was online at that time. Taking a final. This isn't a question.

I had zero downtime. So you are wrong. At the very least it wasn't all of Ohio.

You must be a super wizard. The only person in the US that wasn't affected. You should go play the lottery. 

That's nice. I was online at that time. Taking a final. This isn't a question.

I had zero downtime. So you are wrong. At the very least it wasn't all of Ohio.

It was in the early hours of the morning you were likely dead asleep. I don't know when you sleep, only assuming. It came back about 7am, went out before I got off of work at 5:15.

So it very likely went out while you were not online. I don't see how that's anything to get that defensive about. Calm your tits dude.

In the end the point is that for most of not all of the area, it was down. Even their website was down

It was in the early hours of the morning you were likely dead asleep. I don't know when you sleep, only assuming. It came back about 7am, went out before I got off of work at 5:15.

So it very likely went out while you were not online. I don't see how that's anything to get that defensive about. Calm your tits dude.

I was not dead asleep. I was not down. I was taking finals at the time. I was taking/studying for finals from 6:00pm - 2:00am. Then I watched youtube until 5:00am.

My sleep schedule is awful atm.

You must be a super wizard. The only person in the US that wasn't affected. You should go play the lottery. 

Try quoting people.

I wasn't down.

http://puu.sh/bb8EM/c6c2053f54.png here is the uptime for a server my friend (who lives 10 minutes away) is hosting on his laptop.

I freaking hate time warner, and I don't doubt that a ton was down. But I can tell you FOR A FACT that I was not down.

Try quoting people.

I wasn't down.

http://puu.sh/bb8EM/c6c2053f54.png here is the uptime for a server my friend (who lives 10 minutes away) is hosting on his laptop.

I freaking hate time warner, and I don't doubt that a ton was down. But I can tell you FOR A FACT that I was not down.

the up time for a server doesn't matter is it's connected to the Internet or not. If the server is up then the server is up

the up time for a server doesn't matter is it's connected to the Internet or not. If the server is up then the server is up

I don't think that's right. But in any case I've asked a few friends who live nearby. We weren't down. I was studying/taking a final and then watching Youtube. Not a question.

I was not dead asleep. I was not down. I was taking finals at the time. I was taking/studying for finals from 6:00pm - 2:00am. Then I watched youtube until 5:00am.

My sleep schedule is awful atm.

then it was down after 5am. Because it was down after 5:15 eastern time. Down time doesn't mean you had to be there for it

And yea that but about the server in pretty sure is correct. You're computer also has an uptime. Just means is turned on for that long

then it was down after 5am. Because it was down after 5:15 eastern time. Down time doesn't mean you had to be there for it

I freaking hate Time Warner. And I don't doubt that many people were down.

I

WAS

NOT

DOWN.

I freaking hate Time Warner. And I don't doubt that many people were down.

I

WAS

NOT

DOWN.

what time did you go to bed. Sounds like 5. Or at least when you got off of the computer. Boo you weren't down because it happened AFTER you got off. How is this a hard concept for you are you 5?

what time did you go to bed. Sounds like 5. Or at least when you got off of the computer. Boo you weren't down because it happened AFTER you got off. How is this a hard concept for you are you 5?

I still was on at 5. I went to lay in bed and watch youtube on my ipod. I was on at the time that it would have been down.

I wasn't down. Period.