Am i an AMD Fanboy/Intel Hater?

Samuroot1987

Hello, The reason i ask this is beacuse im wondering myself waht otehr think. Am i a AMD fanboy for anly wanting to put AMD in my builds?

Buy all the planes! Im also bad at quoting!

nothing wrong with wanting to use a bit of hardware

Character artist in the Games industry.

I only put AMD chips in my own builds but have build computers for others were I recommended and used Intel chips. You can have a preference without being a fanboy or a hater. I am fully aware that AMD has heat and power problems, but I don't care. I am aware that Intel has higher end chips, such as the 2011 chips, that destroy anything AMD has but as I'm not going to be spending a grand on a chip I don't care.

I buy whatever is best for performance:dollar.

Whoever is a hater/fanboy for either side, is an idiot.

It depends on what you do with your computer. If you do lots of video editing and don't have a huge budget than no, your not a fanboy. But if you do it for EVERY build, no matter what the budget or what they're doing with it, then yes you are.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

It depends on what you do with your computer. If you do lots of video editing and don't have a huge budget than no, your not a fanboy. But if you do it for EVERY build, no matter what the budget or what they're doing with it, then yes you are.

i dont think thats necassary true. if I, or example, had a 3k budget I'd till get a 8350 and use the extra money to buy more and better video cards instead of spending it on a 3960x or something like that. I don't think those CPUs are really worth the premium they charge for them. 

i dont think thats necassary true. if I, or example, had a 3k budget I'd till get a 8350 and use the extra money to buy more and better video cards instead of spending it on a 3960x or something like that. I don't think those CPUs are really worth the premium they charge for them. 

That's a valid point, but if the person is doing heavy video editing, then a 2011 processor would be better than an 8350. If it's gaming and normal use than yes, 100% get a better video card.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

people can have preferences, nothing wrong with that. I like MSi... I use MSi

Desktop:  MSi GTX 680 Lightning - MSi Mpower Z77- i7 3770k - Asus Xonar DGX  - 16Gb Ares Ram - GX 750w PSU

Laptop: MSi GE 60 - GTX 765m - i74700MQ - 8gb ram

In my case its a low budget gaming PC

I don't see the point in being a fanboy, it seems to me that it can be very disadvantageous. If you stick to a certain brand simply because it is that brand, you may be getting less value for your money. It seems completely superficial to me, I care way more about getting the most out of my money than exercising unflinching brand loyalty. It makes much more sense to compare your options and decide based on what you actually need from the product and base your purchase on that, not on some positive associations you've made up in your mind about that brand.

i5 3570K • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP • 2x Asus GTX 670 SLI • Asus Sabertooth z77 • Asus PCE-AC66 • Crucial M4 256GB • Corsair AX 850 • Sound Blaster Xz • Fractal Define R4 • Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 • Dell U2713HM • Sennheiser RS 180 • Fanatec Porsche GT2 Wheel • Clubsport Pedals

In my case its a low budget gaming PC

AMD all the way then.

My "Excuse" Or waht you like to call it is taht i think intel is simply. Overused.

i think that i do not usually fanboy about anything however amd needs extra revenue so that they don't die so i support them, but if the situation calls for more performance than what they can offer i have no problem recommending an intel cpu.

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

To be honest im more of an Asus fanboy, more then anything else. They have quality powerful products, although sometimes

truly expensive but still the quality is worth it i think.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

I like both Intel and AMD, it all depends on what kind of build I am looking at building, always determines what Platform I will go with.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I don't even start with the CPU when I do a build, I start with the motherboard. I find the motherboard that has the features I want, which may be Intel or AMD and then go from there. At least that is what I think I do, I haven't built an AMD system since the Athlon XP was current and I've built 7 Intel CPU systems since then. Maybe I'm an Intel fanboy and don't want to admit it.

Hard to beat an AMD on a budget.

Hard to beat an Intel at the ultra high end.

Get whatever you want.  I personally just hate it when people complain back and forth, and belittling other people's decisions.  They both have their place.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

I personally love both like many others out there.

AMD is hands down the best in terms of low - mid range processors and I am definitely gonna build a HTPC around one of their CPUs. As for Intel, I've always been kind of a fanboy in the past since they usually perform best in terms of the upper tier CPUs but I've come to accept AMD too in these past few years. 

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

I like both. I just get what's best for the job.

I'm getting an FX8320 soon. It's not that much more expensive than the i3, which was my original choice, and it kills it :D

But for rendering, intel comes in handy again!

So no mate, you're not a fanboy!

I commend the community on being mature and having a level-headed discussion about this controversial topic.

I love this forum...

awh we love you to linus :D why else would we be here?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

i choose my cpu becuase i like the motherboard. i dont know what that makes me

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I have a 3570k and two 7950s...I buy what i think is the best for what i need..

Nope, best performance for the $$ is what counts, for a low-mid range computer i think AMD actually has better chips so i don't see why not. Same with graphics cards

Right now i'm completely for Amd, they have the best performance per dollar (euro for me).

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410