Robin Williams NPCs Spotted in WoW Warlords of Draenor

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-21-robin-williams-npcs-spotted-in-world-of-warcraft-warlords-of-draenor

"One is a djinn, which is no doubt a reference to Williams' role as the Genie in Aladdin. There's a human female, possibly a nod to Mrs. Doubtfire. And there's a human male, which we're speculating is meant to be Mork."

Although not released yet, some players have found Robin Williams references in World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor beta, although possibly not all references have been found.

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised that Bliz has elected to add multiple references to Williams, as it may come off as a bit much of a tribute. I know that he was a WoW player, but this seems like too much. What are your thoughts? Should they have less NPC references? Will some get removed? Also, do you think that the WIlliams family is fine with this?

'I hope it isn't a cash grab.' -Sauron. This brings up an interesting point. Could this be an effort to get more subscribers? By exploiting grief, and making people want to visit the tributes to him?

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

I hope it isn't a cash grab.

That's another thing I was thinking. Are they trying to turn this into something to grab more subscribers by exploiting grief? Adding this to post.

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Not if you don't use Chrome.

Oh, I figured it was universal

Also not shown in a gif. 0/10.

It was its just 100 frames of a still image :3

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I hope it isn't a cash grab.

a cash grab?

"WOW, I AM GOING TO BUY WOW AND ALL OF THE EXPANSIONS ALONG WITH A MONTH SUBSCRIPTION JUST BECAUSE THEY ADDED SOME ROBIN WILLIAMS TRIBUTE TOONS!"  - nobodyever, 8/21/2014

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Oh, I figured it was universal

It was its just 100 frames of a still image :3

That's a waste of 99 frames. Tha fack man.

a cash grab?

"WOW, I AM GOING TO BUY WOW AND ALL OF THE EXPANSIONS ALONG WITH A MONTH SUBSCRIPTION JUST BECAUSE THEY ADDED SOME ROBIN WILLIAMS TRIBUTE TOONS!"  - nobodyever, 8/21/2014

Hahah yeah thats a pretty insane notion

Its quite a nice thing to pay tributes to somebody

a cash grab?

You know, I actually wouldn't be surprised. Nostalgia sells.

That's a waste of 99 frames. Tha fack man.

Yeah, what happens when we run out of frames?

You can blame @ShadowCaptain for that.

Everything changed when we ran out of frames, all because one man wasted all of them on a shitty color correction gif.

You do know that Robin Williams played WoW right? No way this is a way to gain more subscribers. Do you know how many tribute NPCs there are in the game?

You do know that Robin Williams played WoW right? No way this is a way to gain more subscribers. Do you know how many tribute NPCs there are in the game?

6?

I understand that, and the idea of it being a cash grab is not the central point of this post. I understand the number of tribute NPC's (6) there are in the game, but it's almost right after his death, and seems like it's rushed for WoD. Once again, NO proof of this or evidence, but it's a discussion topic.

a cash grab?

"Oh look, they added a Robin Williams tribute to a game that I've been playing for years but I stopped some time ago. Might check it out" --> pays one month of subscription that he wouldn't have otherwise.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

"Oh look, they added a Robin Williams tribute to a game that I've been playing for years but I stopped some time ago. Might check it out" --> pays one month of subscription that he wouldn't have otherwise.

Might be the shove they need for buying Draenor.

Might be the shove they need for buying Draenor.

"I'm going to pay 15 bucks for something i could quite literally watch a 30 sec YouTube video about or literally just look at a picture of" another quote directly from absolutely nobody.  

Am i the only one who's looking at this rationally? Nobody in their right mind is buying or subbing to wow for 3 npcs. I get we've all decided wow is the devil and needs to die for some reason but this is a stretch even for the "lolyisntwowdeadyet circlejerk"

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

"I'm going to pay 15 bucks for something i could quite literally watch a 30 sec YouTube video about or literally just look at a picture of" another quote directly from absolutely nobody.  

Am i the only one who's looking at this rationally? Nobody in their right mind is buying or subbing to wow for 3 npcs. I get we've all decided wow is the devil and needs to die for some reason but this is a stretch even for the "lolyisntwowdeadyet circlejerk"

I think it's ridiculous as well, but I'm trying to bring up a discussion. People legitimately want to do stuff like that. 

How exactly would you define paying a 15$ a month sub fee for years on a single game? Is that "rational"? Why would you buy a game if you can watch the gameplay on youtube for free?

I never bought wow, because I think the sub fee is bs. A lot of people disagreed with me and bought it. Just like a lot of people will probably disagree with you and decide they want to see it in-game. Not only that, but it's also a way to remind people of wow, to give it press space. It's not necessarily a matter of people coming to wow just to see RB, but just putting the game under the flashlights can boost a month's subscriber count.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

El. Oh. El. 

Will this boost sub count? Maybe. Maybe not. Does Blizzard care if it does? Maybe. Maybe not. 

Suggesting their motivation was to just make money? 

Well fuck me, I guess you can't just do nice things for people anymore without being accused of being a selfish dick. 

They already announced his character will perform at the world's end tavern (http://wowpedia.org/World%27s_End_Tavern). An inn inside the game where NPCs perform either musically acts or comedy acts or what have you. A fitting tribute if I say so myself.

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"