Google blimps will carry wireless signal across Africa

I searched and nothing showed up so, not my fault :D

Lol, already posted

lol

Yah I know same sometimes when I search for stuff absolutely nothing pops up even though I know theres a thread about it because its something I made.

I think that this is really cool idea, bringing wifi to the masses....but is it a premium service?...like, do i sign up then get a code that allows me to connect?....it just seems to me like there's gotta be a catch.

Core 2e8500 @4.0Ghz, 8GB Ram, GTX 650, Win 7 Ultimate....an oldy, but a goody :D

if they use helium (which is the only real option as hydrogen is flammable) they might run into other problems, as there is a world wide helium shortage, and helium dos not grow back

If only we could harness the sun's hydrogen converting capability (hydrogen to helium) or the sun's helium altogether.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I really hope they aren't using helium due to the limited amount of it, which would mean that in about a hundred years we won't have any left on earth at least so it would be good to try finding some space source of helium that they could trash...

I really hope they aren't using helium due to the limited amount of it, which would mean that in about a hundred years we won't have any left on earth at least so it would be good to try finding some space source of helium that they could trash...

The only place I know of that produces helium is the sun, within a "reasonable" distance.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

If only we could harness the sun's hydrogen converting capability (hydrogen to helium) or the sun's helium altogether.

Actually, we're pretty close to doing that. The process of turning hydrogen into helium is actually nuclear fusion, which is when two hydrogen nuclei fuse together to form helium. There are some differences between the two masses, so it becomes energy. Scientists have been working on nuclear fusion devices/structures for awhile now.

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

Tesla anyone??

lol yes

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

Actually, we're pretty close to doing that. The process of turning hydrogen into helium is actually nuclear fusion, which is when two hydrogen nuclei fuse together to form helium. There are some differences between the two masses, so it becomes energy. Scientists have been working on nuclear fusion devices/structures for awhile now.

As far as I know, we've only been able to achieve nuclear fusion for about a split second.

Is this news? heard about this a while back...

And it supposedly will come to Africa first

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

Well, they can just fill her back up. I'm sure they'll only use hydrogen, or maybe helium, which is cheap.

theres a lack for helium in the world right now, here in canada you cant buy helium for baloons any more

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

I see a lot of plane crashes coming... , cool idea though

Interested in Business and Technology

Wouldn't air balloon's impede air traffic? especially around airports. Sounds awesome, reminds me of Toaru Kagaku No Railgun  ;)

theres a lack for helium in the world right now, here in canada you cant buy helium for baloons any more

Not quite true. Walmart here in Ontario sells a Helium Tank/Balloon party kit. Not sure if its pure Helium or a mix, but Helium none the less.

Google wants to do a lot it seems

lol better 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

How long till some jerks shoot them down to annoy others? 

Exactly.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Hey,free wifi *cough* router *cough*.. 

*shoots down the balloon and bring back the equipment to home*

LOL :lol:

How long till some jerks shoot them down to annoy others? 

Exactly.

Not sure if the average jerk has the potential to shoot down something 20KM in the sky.

The only place I know of that produces helium is the sun, within a "reasonable" distance.

well commercially it is harnessed from radioactive decay...though there is a shortage, acc. to statistics 2018 is the year when we'll run out of usable helium, so they won't be using helium anyway...

having a massive cluster of radio wave emitting balloons might have some adverse effects on jet streams..although its a Google thing so they probably gonna take care of it..

Google's going to control the world one day, it'll be a world like in Wall-E, where one company controls everything.

First it's Wi-Fi balloons, next it's world domination.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Google's going to control the world one day, it'll be a world like in Wall-E, where one company controls everything.

First it's Wi-Fi balloons, next it's world domination.

In that world, it was a computer that controlled everything.