Google blimps will carry wireless signal across Africa

In that world, it was a computer that controlled everything.

Well the world was controlled by people first.

Then come computers.

It's a conspiracy!

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Well the world was controlled by people first.

Then come computers.

It's a conspiracy!

Yes, but the computers gained self-awareness, eventually taking over.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I have thsi feeling google is going to become SKynet

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

ok but what about when the balloons come down. cause they cant stay up for ever. i think its just not cost effective at all. but still love the idea :D

Heat it up --> balloon rises

Cool it down --> balloon sinks

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

How long till some jerks shoot them down to annoy others? 

Exactly.

Not even the world's best marksmen with the world's best sniper rifles could hit something 20 km away.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Wouldn't air balloon's impede air traffic? especially around airports. Sounds awesome, reminds me of Toaru Kagaku No Railgun  ;)

Nope, it will fly WAAAY higher, basically on the edge of space. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

At what speeds do the balloons receive the internet?

This has yet to be disclosed.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Five threads merged.  Seriously guys, searching for "google" before you post is not that hard.

The baloon news is actually different from my news :P

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Are you sure?

In my original news post, (may 26th) there was no word of balloons in the stratosphere.

Also the big news now is that they are actually testing it in NZ.

So its the same project but different news I.M.O.

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

They were doing this with balloons too.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

They were doing this with balloons too.

True but the the whole stratosphere thing and them testing it in NZ was new news.

But if you think it the same then leave it, I just didst want to steal your news :)

True but the the whole stratosphere thing and them testing it in NZ was new news.

But if you think it the same then leave it, I just didst want to steal your news :)

No, i was commenting on it nothing about other posts. :D

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

No, i was commenting on it nothing about other posts. :D

Oke, my mistake :P

Do most people in Africa even have any electronics to use the internet on? Poverty and all.

I think this is great though. You go, Google.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Do most people in Africa even have any electronics to use the internet on? Poverty and all.

I think this is great though. You go, Google.

they can use these: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20001-google-acquires-kite-power-generator/