Good headphones ~£100

SMEXYBeach

I wasn't sure where to post this or if it's already been answered but either way, I am in the market for some good sounding headphones for about £100 and honestly I have no idea where to start. I don't really mind if they are in ears, on ears or over ears, as long as they aren't huge dustbin cans on my ears!

I just want them for every day use and so I started looking at the momentum on ears after seeing Linus' glowing review of them but I was wondering, do you guys know any other ones worth looking at as I don't want to just go run and drop £100 on an 'ok' headset without doing any research.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!

I never recommend either versions of the Momentums without trying them out at a store first. They don't fit everyone comfortably.

ATH-M40X would be a good alternative.

I have a store near by, but surely I would need to break them in for them to be comfy and you cant do that by trying them on surely?

(Thanks for recommending them BTW, ill give them a look)

I have a store near by, but surely I would need to break them in for them to be comfy and you cant do that by trying them on surely?

When I tried them at a store, the demo unit was already broken in. I think @EmoRarity can confirm that MOE's take a long time to break in, however. My personal pair certainly isn't as comfy as the demo unit I tried out.

How about Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros ? Maybe a bit over budget, but they are a solid choice in this price range

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

How about Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros ? Maybe a bit over budget, but they are a solid choice in this price range

Stock cables are supposedly junk though.

so would you recommend them after they are broken in, for example? 

so would you recommend them after they are broken in, for example? 

If you can get around to wearing them long enough to break in, is my point.  :rolleyes:

These are the same price as the Momentum On Ears I was looking at but do they sound any better? My only problem with them is they might turn a few heads on the bus, but that would be a fair compromise if they sounded better overall.

These are the same price as the Momentum On Ears I was looking at but do they sound any better? My only problem with them is they might turn a few heads on the bus, but that would be a fair compromise if they sounded better overall.

Please. No one cares what headphones you are wearing and anyone that does isn't worth caring about.

Better sound will be a matter of opinion. They'll surely be more universally comfortable.

I have momentums and they are great! have had them since there original launch and havn't looked back since, if you can stretch your budget they are brilliant.

I never recommend either versions of the Momentums without trying them out at a store first. They don't fit everyone comfortably.

ATH-M40X would be a good alternative.

I own the ATH M40X headphones and i was blown away buy it's soundquality.I am also looking to buy sennheiser mommentum on ears,can you please explain the difference in sound between them.Buying mommentum because ath m40x is not portable.

Buying mommentum because ath m40x is not portable.

Just buy a V-Moda cable and make them portable. :)

The MOE will be much more bassy, and have less isolation.

The HyperX Cloud, cheaper than your max and really good!

Edit: I'm going to buy these, I'm sold ;)

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W