Shaving

PC-NOOB

I recently started shaving a couple months ago.

If i slow down and take my time, I can get a clean shave with no cuts.

If I go at a speed other than very slow, I get 3-4 cuts on my face.

Thoughts on how to get clean fast shaves?

It is also really itchy after I shave, even after applying aftershave.

How do I get rid of this?

I use some random cheap razor and some random shaving cream from walgreens.

Thoughts/Recommendations

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Dollar shave club.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

never use an old dull razor, they lead to razor bumps and irritation like the itching you're describing

just keep practicing and learn which way your facial hair points and try to always use downstrokes, unless it goes against the direction of your hair.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

I shave in the shower and go against the grain. I'm done in a minute flat and I get a good shave. Shower shaving is nicer because your pores are open and your skin has more moister behind it so after you shave you don't have to deal with itchy and dry skin. Plus it's easier.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

Don't shave, grow a beard. Or use an electrical razor, philips makes some decent ones. It's nigh impossible to cut your face with them and they get the job done as long as you shave regularly.

I use an electric shaver, never get cuts and always get a clean, close shave. Plus I don't have to replace it every week with a new one. Money well spent.

electric razor master race. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

I shave in the shower and go against the grain. I'm done in a minute flat and I get a good shave. Shower shaving is nicer because your pores are open and your skin has more moister behind it so after you shave you don't have to deal with itchy and dry skin. Plus it's easier.

shaving against the grain can lead to ingrown hairs if you have thick hairs

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Don't shave, grow a beard. Or use an electrical razor, philips makes some decent ones. It's nigh impossible to cut your face with them and they get the job done as long as you shave regularly.

I grew one before my first shave last year. It just doesn't suit my face that well.

I'll try to buy an electric razor when I stop saving for my PC.

Dollar shave club.

Next Month! Linus is going to get a kickback from me! :D

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

I grew one before my first shave last year. It just doesn't suit my face that well.

I'll try to buy an electric razor when I stop saving for my PC.

A beard on a mans face is like chocolate syrup on ice cream. Sure, ice cream alone might be nice, but there is no way that chocolate syrup "doesn't suit" ice cream.

^^^relevant

electric razor master race. 

This yes, recommend this. 

Yes do this. I only use a razor to shave my below bits. I Use a electric for my face legs, arms and stiff. No cuts, no shaving cream, just a smooth fast shave! :D 

if your face is itchy then do what the rest of the civilized world does and put some aloe on it :D

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I use gellet everything. shaving cream and blade.

no problems here. Maybe buying something from Dollar Shave Club could fix that? Shave time, Shave money, Join dollar shave club naow.

I use an electric razer, but I have wet shaved before today. Always get a lot of shaving cream on, and I always go with the grain, as you won't get shaving burn and you get a cleaner cut. It also makes you shave slower. I hate putting aftershave on afterwards, but it does help once it's on with aggravation, at least in my case.

Make sure you have a decent quality razer, and not a bic razer or something like that, as you can really tell the difference, especially when it comes to the cleanness of the cut.

Also, take your time. Shaving is an art form that must be honed. Don't just rush it, as it's really not worth the time advantage when you have little cuts all over your face.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Electric!?

Double edge/straight or get out. Alternatively the 4 blade dollar shave club one does a good job.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Shave while taking a shower....you'll probably want a shower mirror until you get used to shaving though.  can't remember the last time I cut myself.

you'll save a small fortune in shaving cream.

Real men dont shave! My beard is at about 1 and a half inch right now. Of course you must take care of it and be proud of it!

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

1. Wash face with warm water

2. Get a good quality shaving cream and apply it

3. Use a proper razor to shave. Like a gillette 4 blade or something (Maybe even a bic if you're cheap)

4 Go with the grain until you're used to it

5. Wash with cold water afterwards.

I've never cut myself shaving with this method

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

8be6337169296da24e25f92f75ec6bd0.jpg

EDIT: Says the 16-year old :P

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Ignore the don't shave posts. Only grow a beard once you can have it dense enough or else it'll just look like you lack basic hygiene. That said, electric shaving is more comfortable than using a razor, but I've done both in illo tempore. Now I just trim it every couple days. Your skin will get used to it after a while. Everyone's does.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

http://dollarshaveclub.com/linus

...................Do any of you even watch Linus' videos?

Dollar shave club is currently exclusive to the US,Canada and 'Straya

We europeans have to make do with Gillette,Bic or other store bought razors

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Use wax pads. No cuts. Sorted.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"