I like the fact that Slick is getting some more "screen time".

Great review by the way, i have a Air 540 and i love it, maybe if i'll ever have the need for a smaller PC i'll look to the 240!

This is the case I have been waiting for!!

Shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg

Really? Cause from what I saw the Fractal Design Node 804 does all of this, and better. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

The maximum CPU cooler height for this "Air" 240 is only 120mm...

I really hope Corsair gets on the ball with their next ATX revision. 

Yeah, that's the big missed opportunity. Then again, a lot of small cases are at least as restrictive as this one if not more. Plus if you really want to cool your CPU you can always fit a 240mm radiator in the front.... and maybe a second one on the "bottom" if you're using an ITX motherboard. Or just accept that you're not going to be overclocking, get a cheaper motherboard and locked CPU. Couple of fans in the front, couple of fans on the side/top, 90mm Noctua, high end GPU. All set!

Really? Cause from what I saw the Fractal Design Node 804 does all of this, and better. 

at 1.3x the cost..........

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

at 1.3x the cost..........

I don't know, where you live, but here in Germany the Node 804 costs 99,90€ and the Air 240 costs 79,90€, one shop even offers the Air 240 for 120€ (and the 804 for 94,90€)

So, I'm not a genius at math, but that isn't 1.3x the cost.........

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

IMO i reckon the Air 540 looks far better.....especially in white :P

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

I'm interested in this case, but I have a  few questions:

-If you use a mITX board will you have enough room for a 240 rad +fans in the bottom? At Computex Corsair claimed that was possible, but it seems like a very tight fit.

-If you use a custom loop will you have enough space between the graphics card and the window to fit a waterblock? The fittings always stick out a bit.

I think that Corsair should do a new revision of the Air 540, with the goodies that come now with the 240 (for example, the PSU fan filter, thumbscrew secure thingies, etc.)

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I don't know, where you live, but here in Germany the Node 804 costs 99,90€ and the Air 240 costs 79,90€, one shop even offers the Air 240 for 120€ (and the 804 for 94,90€)

So, I'm not a genius at math, but that isn't 1.3x the cost.........

No need to get all worked up about it, here in Aussieland it's $170AU for the 804 and $130AU for the Air 240. Still, 1.25x vs 1.3x? Same difference. The point is they're not in the same price bracket. For the price of the 804 you could almost get an Air 540. It's like commenting on a 750Ti and saying it's a bad choice because the 760 does all of the same things and some. Well of course it does, it's in a different price bracket.

Anyways, I like the case. Mostly because it's the only small case with a window on the top that isn't restricted to ITX boards. It looks like it has a few things about it that need to be fixed in maybe a future revision but overall? Not bad.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

skywake - I'm not worked up at all about it, lol. 

If it wasn't for the weird ass max cpu cooler height I might have bought this instead of the 540.

Darnit Corsair, 120mm of space is not enough!

CPU: Intel i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig H5 Motherboard: ASrock Z97 Extreme4  RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu Black Series 8GB GPU: Powercolor R9 390 PCS+

Case Fans: 3X Phobya NB-Eloop 120mm in front + 1X Noiseblocker BlackSilentPRO 140mm, rear HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  PSU: Corsair CX600M  Case: Corsair Air 540 ODD: LG Supermulti (Yeah whatever)  Monitors: LG25UM55-P, LG 22EN43

Its really pretty 

Maybe I will upgrade from my 300r for no reason at all

Why do people need so many fans? for 99% of people it will be fine

On my 300r the only fans I have are the 2 on my rad, and one exhaust! (there are 2 on the GPU and 1 PSU fan too obviously)

My rig stays between 35 and 50 degrees even when rendering or after a long stetch of gaming

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Looks like a pretty decent case, but as many people have stated previously: Not very suitable for 'Air'

I got sent to prison after following Linus' instructions to #Makebombs

Forum's resident nihilist.

A JRPG just wouldn't be a JRPG if it didn't end with teenagers using the power of friendship to kill God.

I was dead serious about buying the Node 804, and this case almost took its place. But I think that the 804 is superior over the 240, because you have more options avaliable on the 804, for example I think that you could do an custom loop in the 804, which I dont think is possible in the 240, or can be done without alot modding to it. Also: Only 3 HDD's? when I saw the back of the Case I imediatly thought:"STORAAAGE" bit you have no room at all back there. I'm sad  :(

Awesome Job Luke,on the video's lately.

CM Storm Trooper| Asua Maximum VII Formula| 4770k H100i|Kingston Beast 32GB|Samsung Evo 250GB SSD|Seagate 3TB|EVGA Kingpin Edition 780 Ti(SLI)|Sound Blaster Z|Corsair 1200i

Samsung U28D590D | Corsair K70 | Razer Naga Hex | Kingston Hyper X Gaming Headset

They should have just implemented everything here, the drive cages, fan mounts at the bottom, better top fan mounts, etc, into an updated version of the air 540. Tisk tisk

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

really was planning on getting this case to replace my Air540, but after all the issues i might now bother :/ i will hope for a refresh in the future :)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Well it looks nice and that is about the end of all the good things I have to say about this case. WTF Corsair? Did no one attempt to do a proper build in the case before sending this thing to market? Would it have killed them to make it a few milimeters wider in both directions? Doing that would solve the "bottom" fan issue and it would solve the issue with the CPU power cable. Doing that also would have given more room for a good air cooler in a case that is supposed to be all about AIR COOLING. What is that side 120mm supposed to cool anyway? It's not going to give any kind of air flow to the standard hard drives (you know, the ones that can actually get warm) and the tiny amount of air that would get to the SSDs is pretty worthless. Unless Corsair thinks PSU cables need air cooling that fan spot is 100% pointless. This is the first Corsair case I think I'd call outright a bad case. Way too many terrible design decisions that I would never expect from Corsair. This is like a bad Antec case, not Corsair quality.

Not my cup of tea - too much space wasted for... well... air. 

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Awesome review!

I'm kind of a Corsair fan when it comes to cases but this particular one....well, it seems that they screwed up several important things. They provide so many mounting places for fans but in reality you only can use a few. In a case that has "Air" in its name I want to be able to mount as many fans as possible. Yet, with the second chamber where you can dump all of your cables from the PSU, using a radiator and a mATX board many of those mounting places become unusable...

Shame on you, Corsair!

Man looking at reviews of this thing is discouraging.  Corsair keeps coming out with cases with awful build quality and materials.  The original Antec 900 was built better than this thing.  What happened to the Corsair that was rivaling Silverstone in quality back with the 800D (it still didn't, but at least was close).

Man looking at reviews of this thing is discouraging. Corsair keeps coming out with cases with awful build quality and materials. The original Antec 900 was built better than this thing. What happened to the Corsair that was rivaling Silverstone in quality back with the 800D (it still didn't, but at least was close).

Yeah, corsair is bad now. Phanteks is the new runner up. (SilverStone and Lian li will always win, but at a higher price tag)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Definitely going in my build!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W