So the idea that Linus has abandoned us and sold out just...

StofPCs

I don't think he ever sold out and abandoned us, only plonkers think that.

He is pretty honest with his reviews, I trust him.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

in the video he said that he hates it

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

If they suck, he has a reason to crush them.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I 100% agree.  Yes his reviews are scripted but he writes his scripts not the manufacturers.  I feel like I'm getting his true opinion on items.  He does slam Fractal for hard foam and some of the stupid crap that Corsair tries to pull every now and then.

This is just one obvious example.

If you have known linus for long enough you will understand that he doesn't get paid to give a good review.

His opinions are unbiased.

Even if someone like Corsair or Fractal Design give him a product he doesn't like he will bash it on camera and call it a piece of shit.

If he says it is good, you know he truly thinks that.

If he knows a product will get a bad review he doesn't ask for a review sample, but rather buys it himself, as he did in this video.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I actually agree to this review. He's not abandoning or selling anyone out. If this review went public he'd get a lot of hate from the people who bought Streetz and are so induced by the placebo effect of how "amazing" they are. I'm a person who's never given a single shit about Beats by Dr. Dre and even though I'm a big fan of rap, still use Bose and Sennheiser for my headphones. That being said, I've tried the Streetz the other day after my friend bought them, and I said pretty much the exact same things that Linus said. Just as with Beats, they suck for the price, and they suck as headphones in general. Period.

"Rawr XD"

I just want to see him review the "current" gen of consoles and demolish them. Just for the Lols

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

There was an idea that Linus sold out? When? Where? Who? And how?

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

There was an idea that Linus sold out? When? Where? Who? And how?

A bunch of idiots keep saying it because he gives somewhat positive reviews to most things.

A bunch of idiots keep saying it because he gives

*positive reviews to all corsair products, when they are not that good

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

A bunch of idiots keep saying it because he gives somewhat positive reviews to most things.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.j

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

*positive reviews to all corsair products, when they are not that good.

^one of the elitist morons I was mentioning earlier.

-Snip

For a second I thought you were trolling me lol

For a second I thought you were trolling me lol

No, no. Legitimate face palm. 

He ripped this thing on an after party live and he only used it for like 5 minutes.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Extra points for use of the world 'plonker' excellent work.

Back OT, I agree, I don't think he has sold out at all. He always points out the bad points of anything he reviews, he just rarely rips things apart (except of course in his streets vid :P). I would say that it isn't often products are bad enough to warrant that though, so I don't have a problem with his reviewing.

^one of the elitist morons I was mentioning earlier.

Just saying, his reviews of corsair stuff are biased imo. Not saying his reviews are not good. I still watch everything. I just take that into account.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Just saying, his reviews of corsair stuff are biased. Not saying his reviews are not good. I still watch everything. I just take that into account.

I've never noticed that, and I've never had an issue with my Corsair air 540, granted that's the only corsair product I own. I'd love to get a 900D but can't afford it.

Every product I've bought as a result of watching one of Linus' reviews, has been absolutely stellar.

Just saying, his reviews of corsair stuff are biased.

Know that for a fact do you? That's OK then. What you mean to say is they are biased 'in your opinion'. Based, obviously on your extensive research and testing of Corsair product lines.

I've never noticed that, and I've never had an issue with my Corsair air 540, granted that's the only corsair product I own. I'd love to get a 900D but can't afford it.

Every product I've bought as a result of watching one of Linus' reviews, has been absolutely stellar.

But you only have 1 corsair product.

Take the rm series. Linus gave them stellar reviews when there is much better for the money (evga g2)

And corsair cases. They don't really have good build quality, and the obsidians are way over priced for the plastic content of them (tho the newer ones are at a better price tag, Still not great)

Know that for a fact do you? That's OK then. What you mean to say is they are biased 'in your opinion'. Based, obviously on your extensive research and testing of Corsair product lines.

Updated. But still, look at the post above this

I just laughed

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Pwnage

But you only have 1 corsair product.

Take the rm series. Linus gave them stellar reviews when there is much better for the money (evga g2)

And corsair cases. They don't really have good build quality, and the obsidians are way over priced for the plastic content of them (tho the newer ones are at a better price tag, Still not great)

Again, every single bit if that is your opinion, and you (to my knowledge) have no sponsors, no hundreds of thousands of loyal fans, etc. Thus your opinion is unqualified in my opinon.

As for build quality, I am quite pleased with my Air 540. Sure there are things that could be better, but as far as I can tell that's true of every single case out there.

You and those sharing your opinion just seem to be hating for the sake of hating.

Pwnage

Again, every single bit if that is your opinion, and you (to my knowledge) have no sponsors, no hundreds of thousands of loyal fans, etc. Thus your opinion is unqualified in my opinon.

As for build quality, I am quite pleased with my Air 540. Sure there are things that could be better, but as far as I can tell that's true of every single case out there.

You and those sharing your opinion just seem to be hating for the sake of hating.

I'm hating because their is better. Evga g2 psu's. SilverStone, Lian li, and phanteks cases.

If you meant on Linus, I'm not hating on him. I would probably do the same thing. Just saying that IMO he is biased towards corsair.

I'm hating because their is better. Evga g2 psu's. SilverStone, Lian li, and phanteks cases.

If you meant on Linus, I'm not hating on him. I would probably do the same thing. Just saying that IMO he is biased towards corsair.

Phanteks cases do look nice, but I go with seasonic power supplies. I have an EVGA psu but I dislike it, only because it's non modular.