What if you hit the Lottery?

cluelessgenius

so if you won the lottery for example 26 million € (because thats where the Euro-Jackpot stnad today) what would you do with it?

sure its a fun thing to go crazy about but i mean realisticly what would you do with it?

as it is only tax free for the first year i would try investing it in property,land,businesses or something so that i would have something with a monthly income instead of buying a yacht and then have no money later on to drive the thing.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

The Romanian 6/49 jackpot is 6 million EUR D:

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Buy an apartment and a crazy rig. then put the rest in a back account :P i dont want much 

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

LOTTO MOFO

I would buy a nice house for say 1mil, and a nice car (maybe a business)

And the rest I would put into the bank, and I would live off the interest

If you had a 2.5% interest rate you would earn 650 grand a year

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Phase change everything in my rig. CPU/GPU and get sub zero temps 24/7

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Hire a good lawyer and a better accountant.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Anyway,I'd buy what I need.New laptop,get a new GPU,get a DSLR,etc.

Then,I'd get an apartment into another city where I'm going to high school(well,I'm renting it now,but it would be better if I would buy it,right?)

Help my relatives.

I would invest some of them in a business of some sort.

Keep the rest.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Well I would buy a nice big villa, Audi S8, carbon mountain and road bike, build a dream rig and some other minor-ish stuff, keep the rest

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I would invest 18mill, do charity with 3mill and with the remaining 5mill i would set myself and my family up nicely. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Big house, a nice supercar, gaming PC, console. hi-tech stuff ... So much to do that I couldn't even think of

Spoiler

Buy a new house in a good location with fast fiber optic, and build a badass rig, and a personal server to use for storing my media/use it as a torrentbox and gameserver. Get my mum a house of her own, with a car. Invest the majority of what's left, and earn interest on it.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

And the rest I would put into the bank, and I would live off the interest

yes my thought exactly if it werent for the taxes

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Buy a new house in a good location with fast fiber optic, and build a badass rig, and a personal server to use for storing my media/use it as a torrentbox and gameserver. Get my mum a house of her own, with a car. Invest the majority of what's left, and earn interest on it.

torrent? really? you rich, you dont need that crap!

Sell it :P

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

I'd try to wake myself up as that wouldn't ever happen.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

torrent? really? you rich, you dont need that crap!

All dem Linux distros to torrent...  :lol:

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I'd probably buy a pool first. I don't know after that.

Set aside 6m for investing.

Use 5m to throw the biggest SC2 tournament in Korea.

Use the rest to live comfortably.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Buy monster PC.

Pay off debts of my mom and me.

Get drivers license and car.

Move out to a different home.

Buy ice cream to celebrate.

1. Go to work

2. Run around the building screaming "I QUIT!"

3. Get caught up in the heat of the moment, attempt to make out with the hot secretary in celebration

4. Get sued for sexual harassment

5. Lose all the lottery money in court

6. Live under a bridge with the rest of the homeless

:(

1. Go to work

2. Run around the building screaming "I QUIT!"

3. Get caught up in the heat of the moment, attempt to make out with the hot secretary in celebration

4. Get sued for sexual harassment

5. Lose all the lottery money in court

6. Live under a bridge with the rest of the homeless

:(

Yeah right, more like "you tell the secretary you just won the lottery and she tries to suck your ****"

I would build my dream house somewhere under either Colorado or Washington (maybe elsewhere depending on legal developments). Never work again. Invest some of my money so that I don't run out, try and help out with the development of 3d printing. Set up a decent workshop for myself to do whatever blacksmithing/glassblowing/tinkering I feel like.

Basically spend the rest of my life nerding out

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

And the rest I would put into the bank Long term bonds, and I would live off the interest

Fixed it for you :D

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

i would buy a house. and put the rest on a bank account

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Move to monaco

Or pull a joker style bank heist. "No money"=No tax on said money

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Fixed it for you :D

yeah true I was just being generic saying bank

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii