PC randomly restarts when playing games only

Manite

It restarts randomly during gaming session (vermintide and other games like FC24), i first thought it was a psu problem so i ran to 2 stress tests (furmark and prime 95) with max power load and it didn't restart which made me exclude a psu issue. Then i kept switching around my RAM sticks and i noticed that both RAMs boot the pc when in they are in slot #2 but also not consistent (sometimes they just don't work), as for the other slots pc won't boot with either of the RAM sticks in any of the slots. When i had the 2 sticks in #2 & 4 at first it didn't recognize one of the sticks but now it recognizes both. So i'm stumped, where's the issue? One of my friends think it's a CPU issue.

Have you tried with just one RAM stick? Try both (in each slot if you have the time/energy)

Apprentice Software Developer

Yes i have tried with each stick separately in each of the slots and basically pc boots only when either of the sticks is in slot #2 (i.e., both sticks work in slot #2)

2 minutes ago, Manite said:

Yes i have tried with each stick separately in each of the slots and basically pc boots only when either of the sticks is in slot #2 (i.e., both sticks work in slot #2)

Strange, do you have any spare components to test with?

Apprentice Software Developer

Specs?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Try playing FIFA with just one stick at a time. Ignore the lower FPS, confirm the stability

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

But you used to have both sticks and it was booting fine but now it only boots with one?

Can you post your specs?