Upgrading from NZXT H510

Hi, a few months ago I upgraded my graphics card from a 1650 super to an 3060 and things are starting to get a little toasty in my case. 

Idle CPU (Ryzen 3900xt) temps are 50-55 but under load (exporting videos as .mov so CPU bound and Premiere Pro) it gets to 75 pretty easily and then up to 80 or so
I added Noctua NF p-12s to the case but tbh they are noisy when ramping up and I just put the stock fans back in.

Seeing as I can't add more fans to the h510 I'm thinking of upgrading  H5 Flow and putting the Noctas as intake fans. 

Is this a worthy upgrade? 

Thanks

H5 flow will get much better airflow with that mesh front panel

Apprentice Software Developer

The reason the noctua's got so loud is due to the fan profile in the system being set to go near full tilt when the cpu gets hot. Also having resistance in getting air makes fans louder due to having to work much harder.

A h5 flow is a massive upgrade airflow wise and will also allow your noctua's to run quietly.

What cpu cooler do you have btw? Since you are takong the system out and if you are just using a stock cooler may be worth spending 15$ on a thermalright tower.

Also keep in mind the h5 is a higher priced case plenty lower priced ones that are easily just as good airflow wise

26 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The reason the noctua's got so loud is due to the fan profile in the system being set to go near full tilt when the cpu gets hot. Also having resistance in getting air makes fans louder due to having to work much harder.

A h5 flow is a massive upgrade airflow wise and will also allow your noctua's to run quietly.

What cpu cooler do you have btw? Since you are takong the system out and if you are just using a stock cooler may be worth spending 15$ on a thermalright tower.

Also keep in mind the h5 is a higher priced case plenty lower priced ones that are easily just as good airflow wise

Thought as much. I did mess with fan profiles and stuff but could never get that just right.

I have the bequiet Pure Rock 2 but I was going to use this as a chance to clean and replace the thermal compound while I'm at it.

I like the look of the NZxts and find them fairly easy to build in.

Thanks for the advice folks.

2 hours ago, davemajormusic said:

Thought as much. I did mess with fan profiles and stuff but could never get that just right.

I have the bequiet Pure Rock 2 but I was going to use this as a chance to clean and replace the thermal compound while I'm at it.

I like the look of the NZxts and find them fairly easy to build in.

Thanks for the advice folks.

Alrighty good cooler for the chip you have so good to go!

Btw dont overspend on thermal paste some good ol arctic mx4 or mx5 is PLENTY.

Since you like the look go for the h5.

If you like the look of the older h500 with a colored rail in it the fractal pop air is basically a spiritual successor to that.

8 hours ago, jaslion said:

Alrighty good cooler for the chip you have so good to go!

Btw dont overspend on thermal paste some good ol arctic mx4 or mx5 is PLENTY.

Since you like the look go for the h5.

If you like the look of the older h500 with a colored rail in it the fractal pop air is basically a spiritual successor to that.

Thanks! Ordered and arriving tomorrow

Thanks for the advice