Another 8 core amd cpu bulldozes its way into the stage: Enter the FX 8300 and some athlon

brownninja97

105a.jpg

So this is a budget line for the 8 core cpus, it still uses AM3+ and it still has the piledriver arc based on the vishera arc.

As for the clocks they have gone down to 3.2ghz up to 3.5ghz in turbo core. Afterthat there is 2mb of L2 cache per module and 8mb of shared L3 cache 

The TDP is 95watts/

But then there is the Athlon

This is budgeter then the previous cpu using the FM2+ socket for  the A series of motherboards. Its based on Kaveri and is a quad core processor clocked at a  pretty nice 3.7ghz and also has 2mb of L2 cache

This better not be a repost, spent like 10 minutes searching about this.

http://www.techpowerup.com/203662/amd-announces-the-athlon-860k-and-fx-8300-cpus.html

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

"bulldozes"

I see what you did there.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

"bulldozes"

I see what you did there.

sadly its not a piledriver, well its time to steamroll out of here.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Coincidence, I was thinking about a Kaveri with disabled graphics a few hours ago. Chances are they will have better IPC than the 760K since they're using Kaveri architecture.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

sadly its not a piledriver, well its time to steamroll out of here.

Oh, very good.

TXnrAb1.jpg

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

860K!!!

so they do have bad APU chips

so kaveri without iGPU and 8350 with new stepping? or what is this FX-8300 stuff

actually i will have known that some batch of APUs have broken iGPU

so they rebadge them and hey 860K

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

And another thing, the FX-8300 was introduced way back in Q4 2012:

http://www.techpowerup.com/177867/amd-fx-8300-starts-selling-lower-tdp-comes-at-a-price.html

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

http://www.techpowerup.com/177867/amd-fx-8300-starts-selling-lower-tdp-comes-at-a-price.html

so i guess the 860K is the new product

i do hope it a great OC chip

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

but where the heck did they sell it because i never saw one.

Listen if you care.

so i guess the 860K is the new product

i do hope it a great OC chip

It should, since it won't have to dissipate as much heat with the iGPU.

It should, since there is no iGPU.

more like the iGPU was broken so they lock it

same with the 750k and 760k

more like the iGPU was broken so they lock it

same with the 750k and 760k

Even so I would greatly consider getting one if I was on a budget. Who knows? This could be the next best budget CPU. Kaveri cores are stronger than Richland cores.

so basically more "Oh, shit, we need to try to one up Intel with release numbers..REBADGE ALL THE THINGS!" Ne?

Even so I would greatly consider getting one if I was on a budget. Who knows? This could be the next best budget CPU. Kaveri cores are stronger than the architecture before it.

sad it means losing HSA & TrueAudio ability with the 8 GPU cores that was suppose to be active. 

so basically more "Oh, shit, we need to try to one up Intel with release numbers..REBADGE ALL THE THINGS!" Ne?

the 860K or the previous 760k and 750K was born from the broken APUs that they made

some came out of the APU production and found to have broken iGPU

so instead of throwing them away 

they just rebadge it as Athlon X4

the 860K or the previous 760k and 750K was born from the broken APUs that they made

Correct.

Binning is the name of this process :)

While it's nice to not waste, this is still effectively AMD going "Buy our broken products!" However, the lack of a graphics core should help with heat. Shame AMD isn't releasing anything wow worthy as of late, though. My 2500K is 3 years old and AMD isn't exactly getting me hyped up over their product for when the time comes to upgrade.

..if the price is right, that could change opinions. :P

While it's nice to not waste, this is still effectively AMD going "Buy our broken products!" However, the lack of a graphics core should help with heat. Shame AMD isn't releasing anything wow worthy as of late, though. My 2500K is 3 years old and AMD isn't exactly getting me hyped up over their product for when the time comes to upgrade.

yea for a dirt cheap 500 bucks system

you can get like a 760K with a GTX750

i can expect the price to be around 90+ launched

paired with the A88X mobo 

all the dem GHz

5+GHz may be possible with the 860K

yea for a dirt cheap 500 bucks system

you can get like a 760K with a GTX750

i can expect the price to be around 90+ launched

paired with the A88X mobo 

all the dem GHz

5+GHz may be possible with the 860K

While I am disappointed for personal upgrade path, my girlfriend's PC is in need of setting on fire and pretending it doesn't exist, it's so old. A 860K seems like it's be a nice upgrade path for her at least.

While I am disappointed for personal upgrade path, my girlfriend's PC is in need of setting on fire and pretending it doesn't exist, it's so old. A 860K seems like it's be a nice upgrade path for her at least.

will be good way to surprise her ;)

will be good way to surprise her ;)

Ye.

I also have some old Dominator Ram laying around that could go for a surprise upgrade PC present in the future!

You know intel does the same thing right? Binning is and has pretty much always been a thing.

Cool but I'm surprised these weren't released sooner, especially the FX 8300.