Are PC games mostly pirated?

JEKapoor

I myself, have never pirated a game and never plan to. 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

I pirated like 1 game in my entire life. The rest is Steam and images that i made from the CDs (i don't count that as pirating).

who cares...

Excuse me but Do you even know how much steam makes....

and yes some people pirate games but meh GabeN's wisdom makes them buy the games like reponsible things and bla bla bla

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Most PC gamers play online and it's very hard to play online with pirated games.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

No, the large majority buy the games.

The ever-trustworthy @DEcobra11 will probably find you a source.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

While PC piracy is still an issue it is decreasing due to Steam, GOG, G2A etc etc etc also the rise of F2P and subscriptions

Prices are coming down, easy of access going up

Personally I have never pirated a game and never intend do

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I love this forum man. Quick replies in a matter of seconds.

9 people in 3 minutes :P

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

It depends where you are... Most have legit copies in first and second world countries, not so much in third world countries... (There is a huge market for pirated goods, imitations, and bootlegs where I live...)

Well I pirated civ 5 to see how it was and bought it after

I think everything ive ever pirated was after I had already owned the game.

IE I have the disc for sim golf and no way to make it run on a new generation computer, so I downloaded a version of it online. Similar thing for star craft 1 and most of the command and conquers.

used to in the 90s when games were like way expensive to me  :ph34r: 

now i just buy the physical disc for collection

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

If you download pirated software have fun reformatting the system partition after a few months.  A little food for thought.  If the hacker can bypass DRM, what makes you think he can't compromise your system?  Keep to the media files(.avi, .mp3 etc).

Sharing is caring.

"We will never make a 32-bit operating system." -- Bill Gates, 1989

I have pirated a couple of games, mostly just to get an idea if I like how the game plays or not. If I liked it, I bought it mostly on Steam, if I didn't like the game then I'd delete it. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

i only pirate a game when i can't afford the one i want, and when i can afford to i buy it

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Nope... more than 90 % is legit, let me search the source

https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2012/09/22/gaming-piracy-separating-fact-from-fiction

You'd be worried about SOFTWARE piracy... http://globalstudy.bsa.org/2011/

Microsoft will piss that much away before breakfast.  $24.52 billion revenue in 2013.  So really that is a drop in the bucket.  Plus this

BSA Worldwide Headquarters

1150 18th Street, N.W.

Suite 700

Washington, DC 20036 USA

Phone: +1.202.872.5500

Fax: +1.202.872.550

Sounds like a D.C. special interest lobbying group, (Que Empire theme)

"We will never make a 32-bit operating system." -- Bill Gates, 1989

I don't even know anyone who has pirated a game...

Most of my games have come from Steam sales and Humble Bundles, so I guess that explains it.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

I don't even know anyone who has pirated a game...

Most of my games have come from Steam sales and Humble Bundles, so I guess that explains it.

Especially because of the concept of the Humble Bundles most people, who might've pirated games before, have diverted from downloading games. The last game I've pirated was Watch Dogs (and good thing that I did, otherwise I would've wasted quite some money), other than that all of the games I want to have have been discounted in Steam Sales or Weekend Madness sales or have been in a Humble Bundle (Bioshock games, Mafia 2 in the last one for example)

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Software like Adobe Premiere and Photoshop and Sony Vegas are pirated more.

I only pirate a game when it's not either available in the market, or I just want to try if it works on my PC.

I admit I have pirated two games, Far Cry 3 and COD: Black Ops. And that was more out of curiosity than anything else. I dont think its worth it when you pretty much always lose the ability to play multi-player.

The rest of my collection is legit.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Honestly, I used to pirate. But you know what, I was a kid at the time who legally wasn't allowed to work and make money. My parents aren't rich and it was the only way I could game. I don't anymore and I don't think I ever will again. I'm pretty sure most piracy is done by kids who literally can't get the money to pay for it. I think most people understand that the devs deserve to be paid for the work they do.