Are PC games mostly pirated?

JEKapoor

Software like Adobe Premiere and Photoshop and Sony Vegas are pirated more.

CC is probably helping though making it MUCH more accessible than having to sell your kidneys, dog AND house to buy some photo editing software

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

CC is probably helping though making it MUCH more accessible than having to sell your kidneys, dog AND house to buy some photo editing software

Yep, CC is a great idea because you can get the whole Adobe ecosystem in one place for one monthly/annual rate that isn't even that expensive.

I only pirate games when there's no easy way to get them anymore. Best example is Halo 2 for Vista. Can't buy a brand new copy or download it anywhere.

Games are dirt cheap, especially on PC. So I have no reason to pirate games.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

I used to, but I got tired of all the garbage you have to put up with getting cracked copies. Sometimes things wouldn't work right, they were a pain to patch...

That and I grew up and became a fan of voting with my dollars.

I don't pirate. With steam sales, the same money I would have spent on a game for a console, I could get roughly 5-10 games.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Out of all the things that can be pirated on a PC, games are actually surprisingly low on the list.  The most pirated are definitely TV shows/movies and professional software.  PC gaming has really capitalized on the fact that one can build up a library quickly and cheaply just by joining the master race at the right time.  And piracy of games always comes with some sort of price.  For multiplayer games pirating it often means not being able to use online play, some developers even deliberately mess up a pirated copy of a title (ex. Game dev tycoon, all your games will have rampant piracy), and are generally unsafe, as noted by the mining software built into an early pirated copy of Watch Dogs.

TL;DR, piracy is low because prices are low and risk is sometimes too high to justify not spending a day's lunch on a game.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

The only game I've pirated was Minecraft and I bought it shortly after

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

When I first bought a laptop with some gaming potential, I downloaded some titles to test its capabilities. That's how I got into pc gaming. I've since gotten free games through amd and cheap games through humble bundles and steam sales including licenses to the first titles. I'm not too hard core so the titles that become available through those routes are more than enough. I've played 1 of about 10 games I bought during this past Steam sale. Having them available is just convenient (as are cloud saves) .