Show off your latest purchases

sig_30_f14_beitrag_s.jpg

Sold some of my old camera geard and got myself this instead. Curious how it will perform, reviews looked promising.

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

Yesterday when I checked it said this would be delivered tomorrow... Thanks Best Buy. Guess I won't be buying a new HDD yet. :/ unknown.png

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

IMG_20170126_160855_zpsmytnwxqi.jpg

IMG_20170126_160920_zpsito4mvx8.jpg

Second picture is if you don't know what the first one is (it is what will now be my alarm clock), but I'm really hacked off at the place where I ordered it from as they bumped the price back up on Monday and reduced it either a day or so after I ordered it.

My new PC

Spoiler

oyuQkhH.jpg

6 minutes ago, Windspeed36 said:

My new PC

Hide contents

oyuQkhH.jpg

That is so gorgeous, words can't describe how cool it is! (not in temps though maybe)

18 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

That is so gorgeous, words can't describe how cool it is! (not in temps though maybe)

Yeah we'll see how I go. I was gonna go the 7700K version in a 17.3" however couldn't justify the cost. Settled for the 15.6" with a 7820HK, 32GB RAM, GTX1070, 500GB 960 Pro and 1 1TB and 1 500GB 850 Pro's.

2 minutes ago, Windspeed36 said:

Yeah we'll see how I go. I was gonna go the 7700K version in a 17.3" however couldn't justify the cost. Settled for the 15.6" with a 7820HK, 32GB RAM, GTX1070, 500GB 960 Pro and 1 1TB and 1 500GB 850 Pro's.

Wow those specs, my desktop is currently having an i5 4460, 8gb ram and an RX 480 while my laptop uses only an i3 5005u and an igpu :( 

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Wow those specs, my desktop is currently having an i5 4460, 8gb ram and an RX 480 while my laptop uses only an i3 5005u and an igpu :( 

Haha, I mean the bigger 17" comes with a desktop 6700K or 7700K, option for up to SLI 1080's, 2 x M.2, 2 x 2.5", 4 external monitor support and more

On January 23, 2017 at 7:30 PM, demonix00 said:

Screenshot%2012_zpssghjjrs1.jpg

More games for when I'll actually have hard drive space to install them.

Where did you buy these from?  

I've only played Rebirth 3 (own it on PC and vita) and used to have Deathsmiles on 360.  I have Zestiria on PS4.  Don't have the other two. 

Awesome choices.  ?

2 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

How much is the battery life of your laptop ? 30 minutes ? xD

I turned my brother's DV6 6000 laptop with a quad core i7 and HD 7000 series GPU up to as high of performance as possible in the windows performance settings (so battery and AC power perform the same), and I actually popped the fuse in the battery

8 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

How much is the battery life of your laptop ? 30 minutes ? xD

About 3 hours or so on battery - not too bad given what's in here

On January 24, 2017 at 6:16 AM, TheRandomness said:

7.1 channel Asus Supremefx sound card :D Going to be sacrificed for practise. 

Practice for what?

11 hours ago, Speakerator said:

Sold some of my old camera geard and got myself this instead. Curious how it will perform, reviews looked promising.

Nice lens.  Is there any features you wanted this one for?

I'm not familiar with camera lenses so idk.

9 hours ago, tmcclelland455 said:

Yesterday when I checked it said this would be delivered tomorrow... Thanks Best Buy. Guess I won't be buying a new HDD yet. :/ 

Just order on Amazon or Newegg.  Best Buy is terrible for computer parts.  Even HDDs.  

5 hours ago, demonix00 said:

IMG_20170126_160920_zpsito4mvx8.jpg

Second picture is if you don't know what the first one is (it is what will now be my alarm clock), but I'm really hacked off at the place where I ordered it from as they bumped the price back up on Monday and reduced it either a day or so after I ordered it.

How are you going to use that for an alarm clock?

2 hours ago, Windspeed36 said:

My new PC

Reveal hidden contents

oyuQkhH.jpg

Why is it asking you that question?    I don't remember if I've seen that before.  

Saw at the specs in your other post.  It sounds very nice.  How much was it?

4 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Why is it asking you that question?    I don't remember if I've seen that before.  

Saw at the specs in your other post.  It sounds very nice.  How much was it?

That's to do with setup for a domain (business environment) or whether you want to set it up for personal use.

I paid about $3200 for this however to get it how I've configured it would be about $4600.

2 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

And that's with a gaming load presumably ? How big is the battery ?

Nah, that's at light load. I'd expect around 45 minutes to an hour gaming. Not too sure on the battery size but I know I can get replacement batteries and chargers which is good.

5 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

@Windspeed36 Some kind of performance reduction must be taking place. Maybe the CPU and GPU are under clocked and the frame rate capped for such results.....

Yeah it'll lock FPS to 30 on battery

7 minutes ago, Windspeed36 said:

That's to do with setup for a domain (business environment) or whether you want to set it up for personal use.

I paid about $3200 for this however to get it how I've configured it would be about $4600.

Ok.

Did you get it on sale or something?

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Ok.

Did you get it on sale or something?

Nah - I had a spare 850 Pro 1TB and 512GB plus Win10 Pro - that's like $1400 all up

7 minutes ago, Windspeed36 said:

Nah - I had a spare 850 Pro 1TB and 512GB plus Win10 Pro - that's like $1400 all up

Nice.   That laptop can use M.2 SSDs?

I didn't know laptops could use those.  

5 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Nice.   That laptop can use M.2 SSDs?

I didn't know laptops could use those.  

Yeah M.2 is primarily for laptops as a better alternative to mSATA

Yesterday it was brought to my attention that SWAT4 Gold Edition was on GoG for $10. 

I havent had a chance to play it yet, but I played a ton of SWAT3 when I was growing up. :)

SWAT_4_Coverart.png

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

13 hours ago, Windspeed36 said:

Oh neat, is that a rebranded Clevo? Looks like XMG P507 that is a rebranded Clevo.  If so, how is it? Was thinking of buying a new one at the end of the year. Also is that the 4K model?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Ordered this a few days ago. Haven't really got around to trying it out properly, but for what it is, it seems pretty decent. I did some searching around and came across something quite interesting tbh, this model was supposedly limited to 1000 units, I tried looking at archives of Epiphone's old site, and even reached out to Epiphone but didn't find anything (Epiphone haven't got back to me, though given that this was a few weeks ago, I don't think they will get back to me either).

Word of mouth around the internet was showing consistent figures though, everywhere that mentioned rarity gave the same figures. 1000 units, 200 of which were special variants which came with onboard effects out the factory. 

Epiphone Beast is what it's called... From my understanding this was Epiphone's own take on the Explorer back in 2001. It's not some rare ass, going for $30k Gibson Les Pauls from the 50's  (obviously I'm exaggerating there, but you get the idea)... I mean, back in 2001 it was budget model, so it's not got any major value. Whether there will be any gain in value in the future is beyond me tbh, though I can't say I have any intention of selling it.

*Not my pic*

%CE%A6%CF%89%CF%84%CE%BF%CE%B3%CF%81%CE%

6 hours ago, Windspeed36 said:

Yeah M.2 is primarily for laptops as a better alternative to mSATA

Really?    

I've personally only seen M.2 on desktop motherboards.  Though to be fair my only laptop is from 2010 so I guess I'm a little out of the loop about laptop use of M.2. 

What's the difference between mSATA and M.2 anyway?

14 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Nice lens.  Is there any features you wanted this one for?

I'm not familiar with camera lenses so idk.

Well, I just sold my 50mm prime lens and wanted something else for portraits. In simple words: Its quite a "fast" lense, which means that it has a rather small min. apperture (f1.4), which enables you to take pictures with a very shallow depth of field (the depth of the plane that is in focus). Its nice for portraits, since it gives you a nice blurred out background and a "Bokeh" - transorming light sources in the background into a shallow round mess. All stuff that you cannot really do with a phone - except by using software :D The following picture was taken with my setup (this lense and a Sony A6000 (stole it of someones Flickr), guess it kinda illustrates the point :P  

32268430321_f127a6657d_k.jpg

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302