How Did You Find This Forum (Open to Everyone)

ddbtkd456

How did you hear about this forum? I found it by watching his videos and thought it might be cool to join after that.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Youtube videos.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I used to watch his videos on NCIX but I didnt join the forum until like 2 months ago :P

CPU: i5 25000 3.3 GHz             Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V-LK          Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB           Display: Samsung SD24 24" 1080p          

GPU: EVGA GTX 660 SC 2 GB     Sound: Razer Kraken pro                            PSU: Rosewill 630 watt                    Storage 1: 128 GB Adata XPG SX900 SSD

Case: Rosewill Challenger       CPU Cooler: Corsair h80i                    Mouse: Corsair M65                                   Storage 2: Seagate 2 TB HDD

Livestream back in the early days.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

I used to watch his videos on NCIX but I didnt join the forum until like 2 months ago :P

I watched a ton of his videos and it never really clicked that there might be a forum out there for him....one day i decided to look....got here...easily the best forum ever...decided to stay and see what happens.  :D  :P

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

I found linus on NCIX around two years ago and after that immediately subbed all of linus's channels. So i've known about it since its release. :)

GabeN guided me.

Hahahaha thats great....lol

i wanted to buy a pc and i stumbled across some old NCIX techtips videos

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

I found linus on NCIX around two years ago and after that immediately subbed all of linus's channels. So i've known about it since its release. :)

Wow been here awhile huh? Thats really cool.

I watched a ton of his videos and it never really clicked that there might be a forum out there for him....one day i decided to look....got here...easily the best forum ever...decided to stay and see what happens.  :D  :P

Took the words right out of my mouth

CPU: i5 25000 3.3 GHz             Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V-LK          Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB           Display: Samsung SD24 24" 1080p          

GPU: EVGA GTX 660 SC 2 GB     Sound: Razer Kraken pro                            PSU: Rosewill 630 watt                    Storage 1: 128 GB Adata XPG SX900 SSD

Case: Rosewill Challenger       CPU Cooler: Corsair h80i                    Mouse: Corsair M65                                   Storage 2: Seagate 2 TB HDD

Took the words right out of my mouth

Yea maybe it wont be like another TH forum where everyones a prick...everyones nice here and willing to help which is great....nothing againist TH forum but it's all about who gets the "best answer" for the awards and no one actually cares if its the correct answer or not...I've even asked questions there that I knew the answer to just to see and sure enough it was the wrong answer and I never heard anything after that....just sad.

Yea maybe it wont be like another TH forum where everyones a prick...everyones nice here and willing to help which is great....nothing again TH forum but it's all about who gets the "best answer" for the awards and no one actually cares if its the correct answer or not...I've even asked questions there that I knew the answer to just to see and sure enough it was the wrong answer and I never heard anything after that....just sad.

People hide behind their computer and look for pride when answering peoples questions on those crappy forums. This forum is different :) You'll find answers to any question you could think of on this forum, its that great

People hide behind their computer and look for pride when answering peoples questions on those crappy forums. This forum is different :) You'll find answers to any question you could think of on this forum, its that great

Therefore making it the best damn forum on the internet. LMAO....seriously tho I just can't get over how awesome this forum is.

Watched his videos. Signed up to win a 3770K.

Didn't win,

Bought a 3570K.

Needed to overclock.

Used forum for help.

Came back 5 months later, after noob period. 

Enjoying forum!

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Linus tweeted about it so I joined and was 268th to make an account.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

From the LinusTechTips channel

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

Watched his videos. Signed up to win a 3770K.

Didn't win,

Bought a 3570K.

Needed to overclock.

Used forum for help.

Came back 5 months later, after noob period. 

Enjoying forum!

Hahahaha that made me laugh...post noob period hahahaha.

I've actually been on this forum long before this account was made. If you can guess what my account name was before this, I'll tell you if you're right :P

I actually was simply looking on Google for answers on a router/modem question, and had watched a few Linus/NCIX videos before, so when I found the forum, I was like, "Hey, it's that Linus guy's thing", and joined.

I've been much more active on this account though.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

Google. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

I've been watching LTT for a very long time now and i joined cause of either a vid of him or teh WAN show.

Actually one of the first members, #431 ^-^

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Linus' YouTube videos.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

Wow that so cool....I hope this topic stays pinned I think it would help people feel more welcome and get to know each other better. 

Wow been here awhile huh? Thats really cool.

Well i haven't been here since the beginning but yeah it has been awhile. :)