Google’s $1B purchase of Twitch confirmed — joins YouTube for new video empire

Aps

Damn, they paid $1.65bn for YouTube, I'm amazed that Twitch was worth so much!

Tiwtch isn't whort that much but google also "pay'd" for the name of the company , they have a huge audiance to start with instead of starting from 0 viewers

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

A moment of silence of Twitch.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Corsair H100i Pro | ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 | Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x16gb @ 3200mhz  | Vega 64 @ Stock | Fractal Design Define R4 | Corsair RM750

ThinkPad T480 | Intel Core i7 8650u | Nvidia MX150 | 32GB DDR4 @ 2400mhz | Samsung 840 Pro 1tb | 1080p touchscreen

Maybe now we'll get Chromecast Support for Twitch :)

The end of "show your boobs" in Twitch chat......end of an era....

Seriously, I'm more concerned about the potential copyright claim abuses.  You know Nintendo and Sega will flag every channel that stream their games....

I like this, I believe twitch is an incredibly powerful tool that had reached it's maximum potential, under it's previous 'standalone' owners. With google incorporating them into their massive garrison of products & services, I think this has the potential to make twitch/streaming more popular than it already is, and give content creators another medium of making money off of the wonderful google adsense. I can't see google adding google+ to this like they did with Youtube, as they're already back pedalling on that idea, and the improvements in servers and chromecast support are expected so I await the future of twitch with baited breath.

meh.

Lays, you're doing a wonderful job, as ever.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

I like this, I believe twitch is an incredibly powerful tool that had reached it's maximum potential, under it's previous 'standalone' owners. With google incorporating them into their massive garrison of products & services, I think this has the potential to make twitch/streaming more popular than it already is, and give content creators another medium of making money off of the wonderful google adsense. I can't see google adding google+ to this like they did with Youtube, as they're already back pedalling on that idea, so I await the future of twitch with baited breath.

Lays, you're doing wonderful job as ever.

I said how I feel about the topic, I just hope they don't screw up twitch, I spend quite a bit of time there.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Google: "You're now forced to use G+ to stream and chat!"

Internet: GG

Internet: Oh, OK. We'll just use one of the other two dozen streaming sites.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

NOPENOPENOPENOPE NOPENOPENOPENOPE NOPENOPENOPENOPE NOPENOPENOPENOPE NOPENOPENOPENOPE NOPENOPENOPENOPE  help

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

as long as they don't forcibly integrate twitch with freaking google+. Make it optional, sure, but do not shove it down our throats. Google thought they could do what they wanted because they were the only big guy on the block as an online video provider, and they were right, so they bullied their users. I see the twitch aquisition as a bad thing, google needs more competition, else how will they get their heads out of their ass?

Praise Duarte!

Wasn't the whole point of twitch was to get away from Youtube? I doubt they'll make the same mistake and add Google+.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I feel like Google is getting an unfair rap for Google+.

Think about the name. Google Plus. 

It's Google search, with more. Google+

Instead of turning to Google for searches, they want your homepage to be Google+. You'll have everything in a central location. Email, Search, Social Networking, etc.  

It's already basically a mix of Twitter and Facebook, so it has the social aspect of it. It has search. It (now) has two very large video platforms, email and everything else.

I would fathom Google will eventually take the plunge and roll all of their services into Google+. I mean why not? It makes sense. 

Anyone who has used Google+ would probably agree that it's...actually quite good. I think the only reason nobody uses is it is that they limited the signups when it was initially released. It was HUGE when it was first released, but it was a pain to join. They drug their feet and they didn't get the surge they needed, and that's too bad. 

Back on topic: Hopefully Google gets Twitch's bandwidth issues together. They've been terrible the past few weeks. 

well as far as the wan show don't be affected, i don't really care

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

*Sees news of twitch acquisition

*Does not care and proceeds to continue not using twitch

*Realizes Linus is partnered with twitch

*Wonders if that would affect anything

*Goes back to not caring and playing tf2

Well, here comes content ID :(

Specs: Intel Core i5 3570k, 8gb Corsair Vengance memory, ASRock z77 extreme 4, Novatech Powerstation Black Edition 750W, MSI GTX 670 Power Edition, Zalman z11plus Case, Samsung 840 SSD, 6TB NAS, Corsair H80 CPU cooler

http://gangevo.com/

Well, here comes content ID :(

Unlikely. Not only would it be a huge mess if they tried to make it work with live streams (it already doesn't with YT's own livestreams) but Twitch already polices the streams and has a system in place for reporting things. Twitch is already huge and if there was going to be an uproar from game studios it would have happened by now. It should also be noted that a lot of the reason for contentID was music, movies, and TV shows being posted on Youtube. Twitch is primarily used for people streaming video games.

Aps, I'd be far less concerned with them cutting Twitch, and more concerned with Youtube's policies carrying over there.

Yahoo, get your video shit together already!

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

I really hope they do something good with this but I feel like in the end there will be a few improvements and allot of crappy stuff like forced G+ and content ID matching :/ 

Internet: Oh, OK. We'll just use one of the other two dozen streaming sites.

And hows Yahoo videos, Vimeo , MetaCafe or Veoh, Working out for you?

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

Aps, I'd be far less concerned with them cutting Twitch, and more concerned with Youtube's policies carrying over there.

Yahoo, get your video shit together already!

Don't think Yahoo video is ever gonna get its self together, its Pretty bad....

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

Damn, they paid $1.65bn for YouTube, I'm amazed that Twitch was worth so much!

I think Twitch has more traffic then YouTube did. It also has quite a lot of potential which is what Google wants. They were willing to pay more I would imagine a lot more.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Next set for google, is world domination?

My Rig: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

WWCO8iE.gif

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Could definitely be used to improve their Streaming options through Hangouts (which is capable of streaming live to Youtube as well, for those who're eligible). 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Don't think Yahoo video is ever gonna get its self together, its Pretty bad....

Umm, you probably haven't heard about Yahoo's planned "Yahootube" then. Not saying it's going  to be good, just saying it would be nice to have another viable option. And I definitely wasn't referring to Yahoo video.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.