Rant about people using homophobic slurs

APrettyCoolWalrus

Who doesn't curse when they're angry? But since when did "fag" replace "damn?"

since about 5 years ago :)

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

since about 5 years ago :)

Like I said, that's disappointing.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Like I said, that's disappointing.

well one man cant change the world while hes out there at home ranting on a forum!

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

That's a lot of hate to give someone for the language they use. It doesn't seem to be changing anything either. Maybe try a more constructive approach OP.

So are you telling us that people call you "fag" whenever you kill them? Did you teabagged after you killed them? Then technically you are gay (fag).

"Admitting to being involved in the distribution of copyrighted software/media, cracks and product keys."

I'm pirate. U ban me Linus?

Queer, homo, bender, fag, faggot.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

How do you know what version of fag they mean? They could mean the cigarette version, or bundle of sticks version. I don't really say fag much, I usually just cuss because I'm not a fag (bundle of sticks).

I love the ending "20 layers of duck tap over their mouth". All I can say is thank you for making me laugh. Other than that, I can agree with you. It doesn't insult me, hearing those words, even though I am gay. But it is more annoying. 

I miss the traditional insults. "You big doo-doo head." Bring those back. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

The way I see it, if you're out of school and still referring to/calling people derogatory terms (apart from the 'endearing' why you say it to a friend) maybe you should of stayed a couple more years, whether it's on the internet or otherwise.

Definitely something that needs to stop. Also all the little squeakers with their racial slurs, too.

We try to pretend that we've gotten beyond these issues as a society, but in reality people are still too immature to figure this stuff out and stop being rude to people.

Git Gud.

I love the ending "20 layers of duck tap over their mouth". All I can say is thank you for making me laugh. Other than that, I can agree with you. It doesn't insult me, hearing those words, even though I am gay. But it is more annoying.

I miss the traditional insults. "You big doo-doo head." Bring those back.

I say it to be ironic, it adds humor. But I never use it to hurt or insult someone.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I agree. I just yell fuck or asshole or something like that.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I say it to be ironic, it adds humor. But I never use it to hurt or insult someone.

But your actions have the potential to cause that side effect. What does that say about your intention? How does it sum up your humour?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

When I was younger in like middle school and before everyone was using the words fag and faggot without associating them with being homosexual slurs. Of course we don't do that anymore it still was part of are vocabulary with no intention of being a slur in are minds anyways.

I never say it. The word just annoys the living daylights out of me. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

But your actions have the potential to cause that side effect. What does that say about your intention? How does it sum up your humour?

I joke among friends, all of which know I'm gay.

Hail Sithis!

After having sex with a man, I still do not feel offended by people using homophobic slurs on the internet. I don't see the point in caring...

I joke among friends, all of which know I'm gay.

Please don't misunderstand my feelings on this. Though I did offer my own personal opinion on the subject I'm not seeking to single any individual out or to judge, my questions were intended to be rhetorical and reflective.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Please don't misunderstand my feelings on this. Though I did offer my own personal opinion on the subject I'm not seeking to single any individual out or to judge, my questions were intended to be rhetorical and reflective.

It's cool, I personally don't like the words when used to harm. So I don't use them to hurt people.

Hail Sithis!

What a stupid thread. A word can't be homophobic, or racist, or sexist, etc, it's the pragmatic meaning being used behind that word (in context, too) that could be.

"God I hate this faggot game" for example, isn't homophoic, no matter how much you try to pointlessly feel offended.

Who cares. If you care then I would say you have bigger problems with it than the one using the "bad" words while playing video games. 

Eh,, people don't mean it in a homophobic way because word meanings are changing constantly.

Not that I use it, but just saying.

When I am really angry I go 'You are a blight upon this world' on people.

Either all insults are off limits, or none of them are. Until someone can live a perfect life and never insult any person or group, they have no right to bitch about anyone else. If you don't like what someone says you have the option to not listen to what they say. 

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194