Rant about people using homophobic slurs

APrettyCoolWalrus

Here's a thought, defuse them. When someone calls you a fag, just say, "and?"

"curse" words are only offensive if you allow them to be, they carry no actual innate ability to offend, they rely soley on you to feel offended, so defuse them entirely by being like "yeah? and?"

Hard to do I know, but that's all you can really do.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

As a gay person myself I wouldn't say that it's directly offensive when used in certain contexts but it does get annoying very very quickly. If someone points at a gay person and goes "Hey look at that fag" however then it does become offensive and said person needs to be slapped with a metal hand covered in barbed wire.   

Words have a tendency to experience altered meanings, gay for example originally meant in high spirits and of light and carefree manner.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

Words have a tendency to experience altered meanings, gay for example originally meant in high spirits and of light and carefree manner.

Im not sure what you're getting at here so sorry if I misinterpret what you are saying but if someone is pointing at a homosexual and calling them a fag it pretty obvious what they are trying to do. As for people casually using words like faggot and queer, again I really doubt that they mean the words original definition. Hell they might not mean anything by it at all, either way it still gets annoying. 

But yeah words do tend to swap meaning regardless whether the dictionary acknowledges it or no.   

Im not sure what you're getting at here so sorry if I misinterpret what you are saying but if someone is pointing at a homosexual and calling them a fag it pretty obvious what they are trying to do. As for people casually using words like faggot and queer, again I really doubt that they mean the words original definition. Hell they might not mean anything by it at all, either way it still gets annoying. 

But yeah words do tend to swap meaning regardless whether the dictionary acknowledges it or no.   

Oh I'm just noting it, honestly I'm not sure what prompted that about your comment.

But for another example, take queer for instance, the original definition was odd/uncommon or peculiar. Though the evolution of the term to its application towards homosexuals is a fairly obvious one.

For example if your behavior was abnormal you'd be queer. Though normalcy is little more then perception.

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

despise people who use words such as "fag" whenever they die on a video game because it shows that they have no skill, no intelligence, no vocabulary, and that they are awful people. These assholes are 20 years behind current culture. I want them all to either put 70 layers of duct tape over their mouths or to ship them away where their ignorance can't touch us. It's a shame that there are these types of people in every game community. Battlefield, DOTA 2, CS:GO, and everything else.

Although I just hate the word fag, I disagree when it comes to just saying "HOMO!" - it's a cursing word commonly used here in the Netherlands, even just for fun.

I like the fact that people can use words to express themselves, instead of punching or whatever.

Calling someone a homo is not meant as an insult to gay people, it's just like saying someone is a bastard.

Does that mean I hate bastards? (I believe that was a group of people that lived back in the day, just like barbarians)

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Although I just hate the word fag, I disagree when it comes to just saying "HOMO!" - it's a cursing word commonly used here in the Netherlands, even just for fun.

I like the fact that people can use words to express themselves, instead of punching or whatever.

Calling someone a homo is not meant as an insult to gay people, it's just like saying someone is a bastard.

Does that mean I hate bastards? (I believe that was a group of people that lived back in the day, just like barbarians)

Unless there's more than one definition of bastard, it's someone who was born out of wedlock (Their parents were not married when they were born). It's a very antiquated term in North America since that is quite common now and not really frowned upon anymore in most places.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Can you please stop writing in italics? It's annoying to read

Can you please stop writing in italics? It's annoying to read

You'd think a dragon would appreciate the finer arts of literacy, but I suppose the articulation and grace of a refined hand has fallen out of style.

Not that pressing keys requires any grace of the finer motor functions, but one must do all he can to alleviate the dull of that dreadfully mechanical sameness that is the standard of 'print'.

You'd think a dragon would appreciate the finer arts of literacy, but I suppose the articulation and grace of a refined hand has fallen out of style.

Not that pressing keys requires any grace of the finer motor functions, but one must do all he can to alleviate the dull of that dreadfully mechanical sameness that is the standard of 'print'.

Just because you use a text that one else uses doesn't mean its art. This is not handwriting.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Just because you use a text that one else uses doesn't mean its art. This is not handwriting.

Yes, I did intend on writing it all by hand, alas I'm sadly lacking in the ownership of such a device that would scan the paper and allow my glorious work to be appropriately framed about the forum.

However I fail to see the purpose of your comment as it merely retreads my own musings about the lack of more traditional writing.

"Not that pressing keys requires any grace of the finer motor functions" case in point.

Also you would be incorrect regarding the existence of other individuals who make use of more varied and interesting font, but it is sadly a minority.

Please stop.

despise people who use words such as "fag" whenever they die on a video game because it shows that they have no skill, no intelligence, no vocabulary, and that they are awful people. These assholes are 20 years behind current culture. I want them all to either put 70 layers of duct tape over their mouths or to ship them away where their ignorance can't touch us. It's a shame that there are these types of people in every game community. Battlefield, DOTA 2, CS:GO, and everything else.

So you are pro-gay i take it....anyhoo this will never go away as it is one of the bad sides of humanity where they do and in this case say things to offend people to feel good about themselves. I think you need to understand that i make a choice either you play and not let it bother you or you find a way to play with good people which is almost impossible with online games.

Also, many of them are not bad but are followers and if they do not do what is normal or accepted then they too will be attacked as it is in society, This is the basis of all hate. Also it is one of the reasons i don't like the idea of joining a clan. 

If the true meaning of sport other than "Break someone's clavicle" was taught this type of behavior might be less.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Please stop.

You're going to have to incorporate more words into your sentence if you expect me to understand you, elaboration is a bit of a requirement, especially when dealing with communication by way of text.

Also I would rather recommend you not linger much longer on this trivial matter as there is a legitimate thread with a discussion to be had here, and my font choice is hardly the topic of relevance.

So you are pro-gay i take it....anyhoo this will never go away as it is one of the bad sides of humanity where they do and in this case say things to offend people to feel good about themselves. I think you need to understand that i make a choice either you play and not let it bother you or you find a way to play with good people which is almost impossible with online games.

Also, many of them are not bad but are followers and if they do not do what is normal or accepted then they too will be attacked as it is in society, This is the basis of all hate. Also it is one of the reasons i don't like the idea of joining a clan. 

If the true meaning of sport other than "Break someone's clavicle" was taught this type of behavior might be less.

The thing you all don't understand is that I've turned a blind eye to this for years, and the SINGLE moment I speak about it I look like I can't handle anything or that I don't have tough skin. Everything has a breaking point. Even people.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

The thing you all don't understand is that I've turned a blind eye to this for years, and the SINGLE moment I speak about it I look like I can't handle anything or that I don't have tough skin. Everything has a breaking point. Even people.

The thing i don understand.....welcome to the world of a black person or immigrant. I also never said of implied you turn a blind eye or you should not say something about it, i am just telling you the facts of life.

The thing i don understand.....welcome to the world of a black person or immigrant. I also never said of implied you turn a blind eye or you should not say something about it, i am just telling you the facts of life.

I guess I should have done a separate post replying to someone else for the blind eye thingy.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Well the fact of the matter is that people don't use gay/faggot these days, instead as more of an insult, like loser, etc. I know when I say fag or something I don't mean it as homosexual, but as more of an insult to someone that whores the tec-9 in csgo before the latest nerf  :P

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

I guess I should have done a separate post replying to someone else for the blind eye thingy.

What you need to do is understand that if someone calls you a name for doing something good in a game or in life really just to unsettle you so you won't do it again you should try even better next time but this is for only good things and not bad. If they call you a name for doing something bad then just cut it the f*** out.

Yes, I did intend on writing it all by hand, alas I'm sadly lacking in the ownership of such a device that would scan the paper and allow my glorious work to be appropriately framed about the forum.

However I fail to see the purpose of your comment as it merely retreads my own musings about the lack of more traditional writing.

"Not that pressing keys requires any grace of the finer motor functions" case in point.

Also you would be incorrect regarding the existence of other individuals who make use of more varied and interesting font, but it is sadly a minority.

There is a rule against using color on your font. This should really be extended to using too much bold, Italic, and underlined for absolutely no reason but to act pretentious. 

Old shit no one cares about but me.

There is a rule against using color on your font. This should really be extended to using too much bold, Italic, and underlined for absolutely no reason but to act pretentious. 

That would a truly unenforceable rule, considered how quite literally impossible it would be to know why anyone uses a specific font or other textual styling, and since it's a font I've been using my entire time here and long before I ever joined this forum I'd say it's safe to say (if I do say so myself) that logic favor my simply being fond of the way looks over any other potential reasons.

Evidence supported as well, though honestly logic and evidence usually support each other.

That would a truly unenforceable rule, considered how quite literally impossible it would be to know why anyone uses a specific font or other textual styling, and since it's a font I've been using my entire time here and long before I ever joined this forum I'd say it's safe to say (if I do say so myself) that logic favor my simply being fond of the way looks over any other potential reasons.

Evidence supported as well, though honestly logic and evidence usually support each other.

If I may suggest a compromise then...

Let's be honest, your text is irritating to look at and can be difficult to read. If I might suggest, using a larger font size will at least make your messy wall of text easier to read. Size 18 aught to do nicely I'd think?

@Tr3vor the rule against coloured fonts is directly in response to people using the Dark/Night theme. The issue being that what may look good on the normal theme literally becomes impossible to read on the night theme. While I understand your plight against his text font choices, that specific rule came about for a different reason... Though I strongly feel that using difficult to read fonts should be very strongly discouraged.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

If I may suggest a compromise then...

Let's be honest, your text is irritating to look at and can be difficult to read. If I might suggest, using a larger font size will at least make your messy wall of text easier to read. Size 18 aught to do nicely I'd think?

@Tr3vor the rule against coloured fonts is directly in response to people using the Dark/Night theme. The issue being that what may look good on the normal theme literally becomes impossible to read on the night theme. While I understand your plight against his text font choices, that specific rule came about for a different reason... Though I strongly feel that using difficult to read fonts should be very strongly discouraged

I don't find this font to be any less legible than the normal one, nor has anyone who I'm actually familiar with..

Honestly being annoyed by it is rather baseless, aside from it being smaller by a measure of barely noticeable degrees, in fact I would say it's a step below being annoyed by the sound of someone writing with a pencil... I'd  say about the same category as me being annoyed by your use of the letter U in the word 'colored' which is most petty of me. 

If it truly is so bothersome to have justified nearly an entire page worth of dialog (I dare say it's not) than by all means execute your right to not read it. But now back to a previous statement, in this thread my font is hardly the appropriate topic of discussion.

In conclusion I would personally FIND THIS FAR MORE ANNOYING. 

You must be new to gaming.Been into MMOs since 2004 and all this is very common and acceptable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).