H100i vs H110

I don't want to be able to say that, I just want to own one. And I guess I fail to see why you think so highly of air coolers over AIO's. I've am and will probably always be an air cooler person but something about the NH-D15 isn't appealing me in my situation. I love the fan colors but I hate the polished aluminum. Either way it isn't going to be a waste of money and I'll be able to say personally what I like better or not.

alright fair enough, but as @Bagmup said get a H220 over the corsair ones.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Both of those are unjustifiably more expensive, I AM tempted though to get a Swiftech H320, that would be really awesome to have.

The CM and Swiftech both use copper and brass and are expandable. The corsair is aluminium and not expandable, I'd say they are well worth the expense.

I'm talking about the noise when using the PC, I like to have the quietist PC possible because I sit extremely close to it and only wear headphones when gaming.

Then you should probably use a custom loop instead of an air cooler (if you can afford it) because you can run fans at 40% and have some completely off like linus does with his loop and still have excellent cooling. Passive radiators are also an option if you have enough room in your case ;)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Then you should probably use a custom loop instead of an air cooler (if you can afford it) because you can run fans at 40% and have some completely off like linus does with his loop and still have excellent cooling. Passive radiators are also an option if you have enough room in your case ;)

I'm happy with the noise of my PC now, All I am saying is a good aircooler will defo be alot quieter than a AIO

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

I'm happy with the noise of my PC now, All I am saying is a good aircooler will defo be alot quieter than a AIO

I've decided to just say fuck it and be broke for a month or two and just get the swiftech H320 (360mm AIO HAHAHA) and a Corsair 760t to fit it in.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

H100i is 240mm while the H110 is 280mm.

120mm fans typically provide a better pressure rating while 140mm fans can move more air in an open environment while remaining quieter.

BUILD LOGSSerious Black ] [ Project Lumos ] [ SrsB ]

H100i is 240mm while the H110 is 280mm.

120mm fans typically provide a better pressure rating while 140mm fans can move more air in an open environment while remaining quieter.

Kind of late to the party man lol and 140mm pressure optimized fans provide more airflow and pressure than a 120mm sp fan but there are very few 140 sp fans compared to 120's.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Kind of late to the party man lol and 140mm pressure optimized fans provide more airflow and pressure than a 120mm sp fan but there are very few 140 sp fans compared to 120's.

It was posted in today so I figured I would share. It may also help others suffering from the same issue as yourself.

I'm not sure what specs you're looking at but between Noctua and be quiet! their 120mm offerings provide a higher static pressure than their 140mm offerings of the same model. What 140mm fans are you looking at that provide a higher static pressure rating than the equivalent 120mm model?

The software sucks on windows 8.1. Get an h110 or an h320 on ncix. The 320 is way better and will last longer.

The software sucks on windows 8.1. Get an h110 or an h320 on ncix. The 320 is way better and will last longer.

Yea I just went full YOLO and bought a H320 and a Corsair 760t, neither of which I can afford but fuck it lol

@Vendetta What 140mm fans have a higher air pressure rating than their 120mm counterpart? You shouldn't be spreading false information if you can't back it up.

Find the correct info and post it instead of attacking. Maybe he misspoke or maybe he doesn't care if he is wrong. Not everyone does care and I think that's a good and funny thing.

Find the correct info and post it instead of attacking. Maybe he misspoke or maybe he doesn't care if he is wrong. Not everyone does care and I think that's a good and funny thing.

I'm just saying it would be terrible for somebody to come to this thread doing research and leave with misguiding information. 

I'm also interested if he actually found some solid 140mm pressure optimized fans that outperform their 120mm counterpart.

@Vendetta What 140mm fans have a higher air pressure rating than their 120mm counterpart? You shouldn't be spreading false information if you can't back it up.

Sorry havent had time after work to go and get links proving my point but it is pretty basic physics, larger blades have the potential to move more air and move it more forcefully. Pretty much all 140mm fans run at a lower rpm than 120 out of the box, this means that the static pressure amount companies give you is obviously going to be less since the fan is moving slower. Rpm match a sp 120 and a sp140 and the 140 will perform better.

Sorry havent had time after work to go and get links proving my point but it is pretty basic physics, larger blades have the potential to move more air and move it more forcefully. Pretty much all 140mm fans run at a lower rpm than 120 out of the box, this means that the static pressure amount companies give you is obviously going to be less since the fan is moving slower. Rpm match a sp 120 and a sp140 and the 140 will perform better.

Technically speaking that's true, but 140mm fans by nature have a lower max RPM than 120mm fans, therefore generating lower air pressure through a rad.

No. It looks like crap, extremely difficult to install, covers up all your motherboard plugs, limits you to LP ram, and doesn't match any colour scheme.

To the OP, if you re not going to use the Corsair Link software just get the H110 for better performance.

Dark rock pro 3. It's black, performs practically the same, and is only slightly limiting (You can't use really high profile ram with it)

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Technically speaking that's true, but 140mm fans by nature have a lower max RPM than 120mm fans, therefore generating lower air pressure through a rad.

Lets be real here though, nobody is going to run a 120 at 100% if they are buying it for a radiator, almost all people that are buying fans for a rad turn them down to whatever rpm they like, so in the end in real world use people will have the fans running at same rpm so 140 is better :P

Lets be real here though, nobody is going to run a 120 at 100% if they are buying it for a radiator, almost all people that are buying fans for a rad turn them down to whatever rpm they like, so in the end in real world use people will have the fans running at same rpm so 140 is better :P

I run all of my fans at 100% when I'm overclocking.