Saints Row developer Volition expanding team size by 100

Dietrichw

Source

jumbo_tourLobby.jpg

Saints Row studio Volition has announced plans to hire 100 new employees, bringing its staff size up to a total of 300.

The developer is also planning a $200,000 remodel of its Champaign, Illinois headquarters, and has asked for financial assistance from the local government to do so.

Volition is widely expected to be building Saints Row 5, after last year's successful launch of Saints Row 4 and its Enter the Dominatrix expansion.

This is nice to see game studios actually hiring more employees rather than laying them off (or go full Crytek and just not pay them) 

Maybe they can add more than just lens flare and aliens to the next game

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Maybe they are hiring the 100 people that left crytek lol

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Maybe they are hiring the 100 people that left crytek lol

Haha, that's a good one :D

The government assistance is probably due to something to do with their building.  Besides I'd rather the government pay for that and due to the expansion more jobs are created, hence these 100 new positions.

It'd advantageous to all parties involved if government assistance is used to upgrade the office/building.

This is great news, Volition are an awesome, hilarious developer and I was worried for their future after THQ fell through and Deep Silver bought them out.  Glad to see things are positive!

Receiving Government assistance doesn't mean you're a leech or financially irresponsible.  Unless you're a Republican/Tory, in which case down with these money grabbing work-shy moochers, they're so poor they don't even have an estate!

I don't care about the graphics of Saints Row but please make a new map this time.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Well, although it sounds all well and good but taking Brooks's law into account it might actually hurt them.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Ugh too bad they're in Illinois.

Good for them though.

Gaming Rig: Asus Z87 Pro, i5-4670k, EVGA Supernova 1000 P2, Corsair Carbide Air 540, NZXT Kraken X60, G.SKILL Ripjaws X (4 x 8GB @ 2133), 2 x EVGA GTX 980 SC, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, 2 x HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200rpm

Plex Server/Couch Gamer: Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5, i7 4790k, Corsair HX750, Fractal Node 804, Deepcool Captain 240 AIO, G.SKILL Sniper Series (4 x 8GB @ 1866), MSI Lightning 780, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200rpm.

Why is Volition's logo just so evil looking? I can imagine a Half-Life 2 esque world where the oppressive alien race is using that logo

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Awesome.  Love the Saint's Row games.  They need a new engine though, and some more polish.  Really fun gameplay though.  Maybe the extra hires are for that, or a new IP?

And who wouldn't ask for some hand-outs from the government?  Might as well try!

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Why are they remodeling and hiring more people if they're asking for financial assistance to remodel the studio?

Priorities, theirs aren't straight.

Because that's how running a business works. When a business is expanding and they are going to hire more people, they get tax breaks and incentives on the local, state, and sometimes federal level. That's because the people they are going to hire will provide revenue to the local economy, and income tax revenue for the government. But they often can't afford to both hire the new employees and physically expand their business to accommodate those new employees. 

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194