Guys it happened.

Kyuubixchidori
Kyuubixchidori, on 13 Jul 2014 - 7:25 PM, said:

hey, so I haven't told anyone besides one person, but forum I don't know anyone, So thought I will give hope to the fellow nerds.

cuddled and made out with my best friend of 2 years the other day. we would date but shes going off to basic training soon. (so yeah, shes a bad ass)

I dunno. just wanted to give hope to anyone that thinks the "Friendzone" is a thing. because dating your best friend is one of the best decisions you can make. anyone else have a similar story? kind of curious.

any girls with a similar story? Im pretty sure we have a couple of those around here! :P

Congrats!

I want to tag someone... Don't want them murdering me though...

As for me, I guess you could say im still waiting.

because dating your best friend is one of the best decisions you can make.

Wrong.

Dating your best friend is one of the most dangerous decisions you can make because there is a real possibility that if there ever were to be a breakup, you lose everything. I know I did and several others around the world, I'm sure.

Currently in a relationship with someone that's going on 3 years now, so don't worry about the above statement. I'm just pointing out that the quote is flawed and giving a reality check.

I am in the friend zone with a few of the girls that I'm friends with (and I know a couple of them like me), but I was. So. FUCKING. CLOSE. With one of them. Almost got a kiss, but then her mom picked her up from school. :(

We're still friends, but I don't think I'll make it back to the kiss. It gets awkward as hell when everyone else leaves and it's just the two of us at lunch.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

attempted dating my friend of 6 years felt like nothing had changed broke up a week later....considering before that almost a full year single #istillhavecomputersandfood

*don't actually mean this*

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

The friendzone is a thing, but it seems like you may be one of the guys who bust up on out of there.

The friendzone is only a thing because apparently all guys expect something romantic,etc. from being in a friendship with someone of the opposite sex.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

2 girls.. making out... holy shit.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

BRB GONNA BURN MY PC AND DIE

Dream Build: 
CPU: Intel Core i420 "Blazewell" GPU: Quad Titan GT420s RAM: 420GB Dank Dominator SSD: 9001 TB WD LeafGreen

I married a toaster. It gives a shocking performance in bed. More so in the bath. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I am in the friend zone with a few of the girls that I'm friends with (and I know a couple of them like me), but I was. So. FUCKING. CLOSE. With one of them. Almost got a kiss, but then her mom picked her up from school. :(

We're still friends, but I don't think I'll make it back to the kiss. It gets awkward as hell when everyone else leaves and it's just the two of us at lunch.

How does one even get to the friendzone? I can't even be friendzoned. I can only be avoidwheneverpossible -zoned. :(

I married a toaster. It gives a shocking performance in bed. More so in the bath. 

First thing that came in my mind about the "shocking performance in bath"...:

ToasterHitman.jpg

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Wish I could have broken out of the friend zone a long time ago, but women these days seem to think its a better bet to date and bang every complete stranger they meet, rather than someone who actually cares about them *goes on super ultra nerd rage rampage and destroys the world*

Edit: and now I must play battlefield....why did I even read/think about this topic :(

The friendzone is only a thing because apparently all guys expect something romantic,etc. from being in a friendship with someone of the opposite sex.

Actually no, it's because we'd expect it would make more sense to date someone your already close with, whom you can actually trust, instead of the constant stream of douchebags they actually end up dating. Not to mention that we don't really intend to be " just friends" in the first place. Women don't seem to understand that to actually have a succesfull relationship, you have to be friends above all else (talk to any long lasting married couple EVER and you will find this to be true)

*EPIC NERD RAGE* GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I build relationships around a health balance of conflict and friendship.  That way you aren't suprised when either shows up on your door step.  But I was never also really the type to devolope a best friend type of relationship with a women.  Friends with plenty.  Best friends not so much.  If I got that far along with them usually I would end up asking them out or something if that makes any sense.  In which case it usually exploded within 3-6 months in a pit of rage and dispear but it was fun while it lasted.

Corsair 900D [ASUS Sabertooth Z87] i7 4770K @ 4.6ghz [x4 4BG Corsair Dominator Platnum 2133mhz]
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (OS) [2TB  Western Digital Caviar Black (Storage)] 2x Nivida 980GTX SLI 

Beyerdynamic DT990's [Logitech 600] Razor Blackwiddow Ultimate [MS XBOX360 gamepad]

Wait...

Are you both female?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Wait...

Are you both female?

No, I am male. but. she is bi, and that leads to some fun stories. 

unrelated story, about a year ago, I was drooling over this really hot girl, but she was a lesbian, one day her friend dared her to kiss me. then I got to make out with her girlfriend. that was a fun day.

Went out for over a year with a girl that I was friends with for over 5 years previous, its possible, but it takes that special someone

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

unrelated story, about a year ago, I was drooling over this really hot girl, but she was a lesbian, one day her friend dared her to kiss me. then I got to make out with her girlfriend. that was a fun day.

I don't know what it is about this comment but what I got at the end was "Looks over personality." Most likely not the case, but ehhhhh, cant help myself. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Is it weird that every girl I have been with was bi?

Just sort of realised.....

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Is it weird that every girl I have been with was bi?

Just sort of realised.....

not weird at all. you probably do know, but how great is it when your girl points out other hot girls. I know it sounds douchy, but yeah. its pretty great. 

I dunno, with the last Bi girl that I dated, it was cool because she would point out hot girls. I guess its just being real, I mean just because your in a relationship doesn't make other girls any less attractive, it just means your going to look not touch!

not weird at all. you probably do know, but how great is it when your girl points out other hot girls. I know it sounds douchy, but yeah. its pretty great. 

I dunno, with the last Bi girl that I dated, it was cool because she would point out hot girls. I guess its just being real, I mean just because your in a relationship doesn't make other girls any less attractive, it just means your going to look not touch!

Yeah it was certainly nice that we BOTH shared in women in the same way. My last girlfriend broke up with her girlfriend when she decided to see me, she really missed her though and was almost asking if i would go out with them both, but then she decided that ship had sailed and we were together for a long time

How does one even get to the friendzone? I can't even be friendzoned. I can only be avoidwheneverpossible -zoned. :(

First thing that came in my mind about the "shocking performance in bath"...:

It must be a US thing.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

It must be a US thing.

No its definitely an everywhere thing 

Congratz.

Fair warning though. The +18 friendzone is not as forgiving

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Get off the internet now you filthy fucking normal! jk

Congratz.

Fair warning though. The +18 friendzone is not as forgiving

Is that why you have Jorah as your profile pic? :P