new fiio e10k launched

hashtagswagarino

Thanks for letting us know! Seems cool after reading the first impressions.

People who plug their computer keyboards into hi-fi systems aren't idiots - that would be stereotyping.

That actually bugs me a lot. Good thing I got an o2/odac.

Yeah, the miniUSB port on the previous model was, like, the one thing that didn't have build quality issues.

Yeah, the miniUSB port on the previous model was, like, the one thing that didn't have build quality issues.

MiniB = Good

Micro USB = bad. 

Should i get one of those for a pair of DT880 250ohms i'll be ordering soon?

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Sounds like they at least fixed all the main issues with the E10. Nice, considering there is no price increase. Too bad they dicked it up with the micro USB.

Depends. Wouldn't hurt anything but your wallet.

Try it with your onboard first, but if you feel it doesn't get loud enough or there is EMI, or even if you'd just like analog volume control, then yes.

Shame it's just rated for headphones up to 150Ohm. But don't think it brings a noticeable improvement to the table anyway...

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

Shame it's just rated for headphones up to 150Ohm. But don't think it brings a noticeable improvement to the table anyway...

Actually don't pay too much attention on the impedance rating. I have yet understand fully how the impedance click in to place in terms of practical use, beside of the damping factor. I found the sensitivity rating to be the more important factor to be considered. Some 200+ ohms headphones can be driven just fine with just an onboard, or even a pmp (portable media player). On the other side, the hifiman HE6 50 ohms is considered to be one of the hardest to drive headphone in the market. 

Ohm ratings mean didly.

The high gain setting on the original E10 was perfect for 250 ohm Beyerdynamic cans. It'd be silly of them to undo that.

If they've really fixed the clipping above 50% volume on high gain, the E10K should be able to drive even less efficient cans than the E10.

If they've really fixed the clipping above 50% volume on high gain, the E10K should be able to drive even less efficient cans than the E10.

If it turns out better then the Syba DAC then its all good. Just another option to recommend for those that would like to spend cash because spending.

Every time a new DAC/amp comes out or on Massdrop, I have the temptation to buy it. I just have to keep pushing through my struggles called "I don't need it".

If it turns out better then the Syba DAC then its all good. Just another option to recommend for those that would like to spend cash because spending.

I don't regret pointlessly buying an E10.

Every time a new DAC/amp comes out or on Massdrop, I have the temptation to buy it. I just have to keep pushing through my struggles called "I don't need it".

I just open up my wallet and go, "Oh. Right."

I pointlessly bought 2 o2s...first I got one straight from mayflower with the RCA so I could hook up my speakers without having to switch wires, and then when the combo unit came on Massdrop I bought that too...trying to sell off the RCA one now. 

Might not sound as good as a ODAC/O2 combo, but it is muuuuch cheaper and has a line output which is awesome.

Probably will get one, when released in europe.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I pointlessly bought 2 o2s...first I got one straight from mayflower with the RCA so I could hook up my speakers without having to switch wires, and then when the combo unit came on Massdrop I bought that too...trying to sell off the RCA one now. 

Yeah, I think we should all take up a less addictive hobby, like drugs.

Yeah, I think we should all take up a less addictive hobby, like drugs.

>implying we're all already not doing drugs

post-2468-0-73953600-1405358915.jpg

• 3 months later...