Why are PC gamers *usually* such jerks to console gamers?

GrmanRodriguez

All of that is just laughable. Just pure proof that you can't handle being proven wrong. All of this started because Vitalius was spreading lies, you then backed him up. Then the two of you got pissed for I called you out for lying. Then you both kept making arguments as to why consoles are better, then again lying and saying those same points can't applied to PC.

I also only stated my age to make a point, being able to sit in the same room as another person to play a game is NOT a selling point to many gamers. In fact, with the average gamer being 30 or older, more gamers are in a position where they can't be sitting on the couch with their friends because they have actual lives and responsibilities. 

Also, if Linus wants to make a rant, that's fine. But I'm not the one who was spreading crap lies, so I'm not likely to be the subject of any rant related to this topic.

I would love to hear how I and Vitalius are "spreading lies". No really, do explain. All that we have stated is our views on the matter, while you on the other hand keep attacking anybody and their dog for disagreeing with you. You have stated that you are 32, but the attitude of your post gives the people the impression that you are 11. We have been objective and constructive, while you did not even try to do either. I am as much of a PC gamer as the next guy, but I can understand the merits of the consoles. So can Linus, Logan, Austin, Elric and Tom, but you cannot. Think about that for a minute.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

1. You can't play any game on your PS3 without being signed into an account. Again, you don't have to take my word for it, just read the fucking links I provided.

Your links were inconclusive. They never strictly stated that you cannot play local co-op split screen on the major populated games such as CoD without a PSN account. You don't need a PSN account to have an account on a PS3 or PS4. You only need an account on the console to play split screen. They listed some games I've never heard of not having split screen support in one link, while talking about a major FPS in another, which was, again, inconclusive. 

Your links aren't proof, in other words. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

just sitting here, worshipping lord gabe newell

Im SORRY for:-1. My Broken English. 2. "if" posting wrong section. 3. "if" my replay hurt someone. 4. "if" posting already posted before

Because im new to active forum >.< (bow) please kindly guide me thanks

Not counting the ones that jokingly refer to themselves as "PC Master Racer!!derpderp!!!" the people who honestly believe, as sad as it is, that they are better than console gamers are Elitist jerks. But no matter how long you spend trying to get it through their thick skulls, they will never comprehend the difference between a console and a computer, and why each has its uses and that each is aimed at a different audience all together. Will they ever learn how absolutely ignorant it is to compare the two and then claim, as if their opinion is the end all be all, that it is the "better" option? Probably not.

So just ignore the raging idiots just like how the PC gamers should ignore the idiots from the consoles.

PC users? (rofl) . Haven't you seen all the hate comments from console guys when they announced GTA:V for pc?

At least it isn't as common....

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Erm even my PC is able to play Watch Dogs on high at 30FPS at 900P, beat that xbox LOL

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

I would love to hear how I and Vitalius are "spreading lies". No really, do explain. All that we have stated is our views on the matter, while you on the other hand keep attacking anybody and their dog for disagreeing with you. You have stated that you are 32, but the attitude of your post gives the people the impression that you are 11. We have been objective and constructive, while you did not even try to do either. I am as much of a PC gamer as the next guy, but I can understand the merits of the consoles. So can Linus, Logan, Austin, Elric and Tom, but you cannot. Think about that for a minute.

The split screen issue. It is 100% a lie that you can play newer CoD games split screen 100% locally. Add to that the false claim the local split screen is driving console sales, when in fact it's the opposite. It has little to no draw any more, so it's being abandoned like a sinking ship. The Wii and Kinect were attempts to bring it back, but the fad has worn off and things are worse than ever. The Wii-U is selling so horribly that Nintendo's CEO almost had to resign and the negative reaction to the mandatory Kinect with the XBox One was massive enough to have a serious impact on sales.

Also the lies about console emulators. Bullshit claims like "everyone wants Mario Kart". Put Mario Kart 8 in front of me I'll play it. But no amount of Mario Kart, Metroid or Zelda games will ever make me invest in a Wii or Wii-U because the platform is crap.

Your links were inconclusive. They never strictly stated that you cannot play local co-op split screen on the major populated games such as CoD without a PSN account. You don't need a PSN account to have an account on a PS3 or PS4. You only need an account on the console to play split screen. They listed some games I've never heard of not having split screen support in one link, while talking about a major FPS in another, which was, again, inconclusive. 

Your links aren't proof, in other words. 

No, the links prove everything. You willfully ignore them like you do everything else though. You creating your account on your PS3 is a PSN account. With the introduction of the PS4 there are two tiers of PSN accounts, but they are both still PSN accounts. You can't do a single thing until you create one. For XBox they call them XBox Live Silver and Gold to differentiate between free and paid. Here is yet another post talking about split screen, this one specifically for CoD: Ghosts. It says EXACTLY what I have been saying, that the main player has to sign in through PSN and the second player can either use their own PSN account or use a guest account. Gathering this from other links I've supplied, if the other player connects using a guest account, they can level up as they play, but it's not saved anywhere. They can also sign out and sign back in and it will grant them the level of the main player. But being online is 100% required, just like I said.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/713745-call-of-duty-ghosts/67878601

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

No, the links prove everything. You willfully ignore them like you do everything else though. You creating your account on your PS3 is a PSN account. With the introduction of the PS4 there are two tiers of PSN accounts, but they are both still PSN accounts. You can't do a single thing until you create one. For XBox they call them XBox Live Silver and Gold to differentiate between free and paid. Here is yet another post talking about split screen, this one specifically for CoD: Ghosts. It says EXACTLY what I have been saying, that the main player has to sign in through PSN and the second player can either use their own PSN account or use a guest account. Gathering this from other links I've supplied, if the other player connects using a guest account, they can level up as they play, but it's not saved anywhere. They can also sign out and sign back in and it will grant them the level of the main player. But being online is 100% required, just like I said.

... *Makes account on PS3 that is not connected to the internet* -winning-

That is online split screen. I'm talking about local split screen co-op or wtv. Something that doesn't require internet. Where is the disconnect here?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

The funny thing is most actually own both. 

I have owned my fair share of consoles in my life ( atari - nes - snes - ps1 - xbx - ps2 - ps3  ) but i still consider myself first and formost a pc gamer. 

the problem with people is they quickly become fanboy's of anything they currently own to over justify their situation. 

meaning their train of thought is. 

own a NES and not a Sega and NES IS THE BEST SEGA BLOWS ANYONE WHO HAS A SAGA IS A GAYLORDFOCKER!

you get the idea 

same thing happens even with PC gaming circles. IE nvidia vs amd -- intel vs amd --- don't get me started on mobo or ram preferences sheesh. 

and there you have it .. fan-boys are jerk offs and they always will be to justify their purchases to themselves.. people some how feel better about their life or their decisions in life if they mindlessly endlessly support the things they decided to spend their hard earned money on. 

usually thats enough but sometimes they need to belittle others who  made alternate decisions and that makes them feel even better about their decisions in life it seems.

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block

The split screen issue. It is 100% a lie that you can play newer CoD games split screen 100% locally. Add to that the false claim the local split screen is driving console sales, when in fact it's the opposite. It has little to no draw any more, so it's being abandoned like a sinking ship. The Wii and Kinect were attempts to bring it back, but the fad has worn off and things are worse than ever. The Wii-U is selling so horribly that Nintendo's CEO almost had to resign and the negative reaction to the mandatory Kinect with the XBox One was massive enough to have a serious impact on sales.

Also the lies about console emulators. Bullshit claims like "everyone wants Mario Kart". Put Mario Kart 8 in front of me I'll play it. But no amount of Mario Kart, Metroid or Zelda games will ever make me invest in a Wii or Wii-U because the platform is crap.

I absolutely agree with you on the mario kart, metroid, (and for me specifically) Zelda games.

I don't own a console anymore. Probably will never own one again. also

console-vs-pc.jpg

Now a real question is, why is this image so absolutely true?

Erm even my PC is able to play Watch Dogs on high at 30FPS at 900P, beat that xbox LOL

I'm surprised that Ubisoft, and the Console makers haven't sued the mod makers for exposing their bullshit

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

steam-vs-consoles.jpg

I'm a PC gamer but I just can't stand people who hate on console gamers like really bad, the fact that we prefer PCs doesn't mean others should to. If someone posts "the Xbox is awesome" there is always someone who says "f*** off you s*** a****** kid go s*** **** on Bill Gates" or something like that, and then complain about "console fanboys" who are just defending themselves from your insults. I know not everyone is like this but it's very common, and it saddens me to be part of a community that is so untolerant and elitist.

What are your thoughts on this?

Actually, it's the console gamer marketing fault. Ever since the "next gen" bullsht started, wich made alot of uninformed people get pregnant by their eyes and start spouting sht right and left. I know, from personal experience, a few people who know nothing about tecnology starting talking and "selling" their product wile trashtalking pc's. Two of them were my friends and clearly told them, that they think that a ps4 has awesome graphics (on a 1080p screen) because they haven't seen better. About a week later they came to my house, and tested few games: skyrim with mods, crysis 3, Bioshock inf (just recently) and few other stuff with all the possible eyecandy. (i own a 4670k + 280x and an IPS screen). All that BS about consoles never came up again.

To me, it's completly understandable that PC gamers went full retard. And, in my oppinion, it's the console marketing fault. This 30fps max trend, this NextGen bs, this "you can' notice a difference" is like throwing fcking sand into our eyes and calling us dumb in the process.

Edit: makes me sad to make some games pc/console exclusive. There are some games i rly love only for consoles, but im a proud owner of a pc.

I'm a PC gamer but I just can't stand people who hate on console gamers like really bad, the fact that we prefer PCs doesn't mean others should to. If someone posts "the Xbox is awesome" there is always someone who says "f*** off you s*** a****** kid go s*** **** on Bill Gates" or something like that, and then complain about "console fanboys" who are just defending themselves from your insults. I know not everyone is like this but it's very common, and it saddens me to be part of a community that is so untolerant and elitist.

Well i sold my ps4 a month ago and currently building a gaming pc, personally i can't stand it when people do the whole pc master race thing to console gamers. They forget that gaming really took off thanks to games consoles in the arcades etc. then when those same games where available to play in your living room....... i still have a wii u though so i can play mario kart with my wife. One of the great features of a console, couch multiplayer. Even though i will be a pc gamer soon i will never fall into the whole master race thing.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

-snip-

All of that, just to show that you cannot read. You sure can be an asinine prick. I have already explained to you that with NO INTERNET, NO PSN ACCOUNT, I could play Black Ops 2 split-screen just fine.

Anyways, I have a PS3, and a good chunk of the games that I own for it contain a no-internet splitscreen game mode. There are times that my router has failed on me, when i have friends over. So that means no internet connection, period. Guess what games we play together? Among others, we play Black Ops 2. This is in direct contradiction to what you said, as it is a COD game that was released after MW3.

All i will say at this point is that I have already tried this on other profiles, unlinked to any PSN account, and the split-screen in games, including Black Ops 2, worked as normal. I never received any "you need to login in to play co-op" prompts, it just lets me play. Again, this is a problem that the Xbox ecosystem has, and it was as far back as COD4. Maybe you are talking about some of the downported PS4 games, but within the scope of the games that I have played, split-screen gaming was never a problem.

And about your nonsense against Nintendo; It was never the platform itself that had the WiiU in poor sales. It was the lack of decent first party games, and primarily that. Again, Mario Kart 8 boosted the console sales. That is in no way, shape, or form a coincidence. If there are good games for the console, then people will buy the console, no questions asked. Like I said again, there are a given amount of people that is only interested in a single game franchise. For some, that is Mario Kart. For some, that is Zelda. For some, that is Metroid. If they are interested in the exclusive game, then they wouldn't give two flying turds about the public reception of the system. Not everybody likes the same games that you do. Get the drift?

Of course we are ignoring your links, because they have no scientific credibility, or even relevance, to the issues that you are hounding us about. A link to another forum? gameFAQ? Really? 

It is clear to me that you are seeing the issues relative to the Xbox, and automatically assuming it to be the same for Playstation. The console profiles for the PS3 and PS4 is just that, a profile. Imagine Windows 7 for a second. Do you require a Live account in order to create a personal profile to log in? No you do not. The same applies for playstation. 

Before you spew your twisted gibberish on us, I would ask of you to actually step in the consolite's shoes. You will probably be surprised.

console-vs-pc.jpg

Play Battlefield or LoL for five minutes and tell me that the vice-versa does not happen. You cannot. There are some situations where this is true, but there are other situations where the opposite is true. You cannot generalize a random occurrence to say that it is "always this way, but never the other". That is about as short-sighted a perception as it gets.

The both of you are proving the OP's point, whether you like to admit it or not.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

console-vs-pc.jpg

Fact is, that image is far from the truth. From my own experience, I would say that the PC community and the console community is closer than you'd think. Yes, playing games that aren't aimed at the masses will have a more respectful fan base/community. Games that are aimed just to make money, such as the most recent AAA titles, like Call Of Duty and Battlefield, will bring in loud, insulting gamer, no matter what the platform. Pushing console gamers off into the corner, branding them 12 year old's whom scream racial slurs and insult at the drop of a penny is what the majority of gamers, not just the PC community, despise. 

With that said, I do feel slightly hypocritical as I used to behave the exactly how this picture portrays PC gamers. As arrogant arses, whom see themselves as greater individuals than console gamers.  

I would also say that the word "hacker" is thrown around a lot more frequently on the PC compared to the consoles too. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

To put it bluntly:you reap what you sow.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Fact is, that image is far from the truth. From my own experience, I would say that the PC community and the console community is closer than you'd think. Yes, playing games that aren't aimed at the masses will have a more respectful fan base/community. Games that are aimed just to make money, such as the most recent AAA titles, like Call Of Duty and Battlefield, will bring in loud, insulting gamer, no matter what the platform. Pushing console gamers off into the corner, branding them 12 year old's whom scream racial slurs and insult at the drop of a penny is what the majority of gamers, not just the PC community, despise. 

With that said, I do feel slightly hypocritical as I used to behave the exactly how this picture portrays PC gamers. As arrogant arses, whom see themselves as greater individuals than console gamers.  

I would also say that the word "hacker" is thrown around a lot more frequently on the PC compared to the consoles too. 

Didn't we all used to act that way lol? and hacker is thrown around alot, mostly with high ping situations.

There is too much hate on the internet, that we can all agree on. *waits patiently for a giant middle finger picture with this post in quotes lol*

One thing console gamers ALWAYS say is my consoles has better graphics than your pc. and then i lay down the facts that the gpus in counsels are nothing, most games don't even run at 1080p and your not getting good frame rate. Then they try my pc and are forever shutting up about how consoles are superior.

One thing console gamers ALWAYS say is my consoles has better graphics than your pc. and then i lay down the facts that the gpus in counsels are nothing, most games don't even run at 1080p and your not getting good frame rate. Then they try my pc and are forever shutting up about how consoles are superior.

What you have described here is another example of people who are clueless on why the consoles exist in the first place.

I have already ranted about this; but the console wars against each other and the PC, is the cancer of the internet. However, this does not give PC Elitism a 'green ticket', either. Just choose your platform, based on what games you like, and be happy with what you have.

There are no benefits for console.  

Depends, i have i wife and kids and we enjoy 4 player games etc. Very convenient. 

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Few reasons.

1) When we try to post facts, or prices for games or that you don't have to be Bill Gates (monetarily) to PC game we are met with South Park meme's (made on a computer).

2) We don't like false information being posted. Example: You need to upgrade a GPU every 6 months. You need a Titan Z to PC game. You need a I7 or a Hexa to PC game. You can't hook a PC up to a TV. You can't use a controller. PC has no games.

3) After refuting BS we are usually met with more BS and a meme of some redneck working on a PC on carpet from the 80's?

To put it simply PC gamers usually argue facts vs BS and then are attacked for doing so. When people continue to be IGNorant and attack? They shouldn't be surprised when they are met in kind, especially when "next gen" consoles are x86 PC's with a AMD 7000 series GPU. They are "PC gaming". They are just PC gaming on mediocre hardware.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

There is legitimately no reason to buy a console at this point in time. You can build a PC that will far outperform any console for about the same price.

yes but some people don't think they have the skill to build a computer and a console is a better value than a decent prebuilt machine

yes but some people don't think they have the skill to build a computer and a console is a better value than a decent prebuilt machine

Initially? The PS4 is close. After game prices, monthly fees to play online? Even the PS4 gets destroyed on value. The XB1 at 500 was a joke. At 400 it is still a joke as far as value. A AMD 7770 was 89 bucks two years ago and it can run Diablo 3 at 1080p because it doesn't have DDR3. XB1 can't even do that.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Initially? The PS4 is close. After game prices, monthly fees to play online? Even the PS4 gets destroyed on value. The XB1 at 500 was a joke. At 400 it is still a joke as far as value. A AMD 7770 was 89 bucks two years ago and it can run Diablo 3 at 1080p because it doesn't have DDR3. XB1 can't even do that.

Pretty sure you're mistaken there. I bought my 7770 last year for $130, unless you have the wrong product number.....

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Pretty sure you're mistaken there. I bought my 7770 last year for $130, unless you have the wrong product number.....

The price went up due to litecoin mining. That was literally a 89 dollar GPU 2 years ago. Last Black Friday people were buying 7870's for 130 and 7850's for 110. There was also a fire where supposedly VRAM caught on fire (and they raised sys ram prices which made no sense).

Ps4 is between a 7790 and 7850. So yeah. Even that was a bad value. The 7850 came with games to.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6351048-msi-r7850-2gd5-oc-radeon-hd-7850-2gb-256-bit-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-video-card-2-silver-tier-amd-reward-games-for-110-ar-free-shipping

7850's have been as low as 90 bucks lately. There was also a 7870 which is like 2.56 TFLOPS to the PS4's 1.84 for 110. They are the same architecture. 

http://slickdeals.net/f/7027510-amd-powercolor-7850-89-ar?page=6