Why are PC gamers *usually* such jerks to console gamers?

GrmanRodriguez

Because most console gamers are ignorant and talk crap that just isn't true.
Platform wars in general are complete BS because every platform has its benefits.

Console gamer of 2012 : Graphics don't matter 620p/30Fps is good enough.
Console gamer of 2013 : XboxOne can only do 720p Ps4 is so much better because it can do 1080p hahahaha
Console gamer of 2014 : 1080p and 60Fps don't matter 720p/900p/30fps is good enough it's all about the gameplay.

PC gamer of 2012 : Consoles graphics suck and games are more expensive on consoles.
PC gamer of 2013 : Consoles graphics suck and games are more expensive on consoles.
PC gamer of 2014 : Consoles graphics suck and games are more expensive on consoles.

At least PC gamers stay to there opinion.

RTX2070OC 

Console gamers are elitists and are jerks to us

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Because most console gamers are ignorant and talk crap that just isn't true.

Platform wars in general are complete BS because every platform has its benefits.

There are no benefits for console.  

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

If you play less than 10 games a generation and most of them are sports games or exclusive a console is the best option.

RTX2070OC 

I don't have an issue with consoles but I believe heavy gamers should let go of those controllers and get on the pc bandwagon to actually "feel" how the game is supposed to run. I got all my buddies to move from Xbox to Pc and they thank me daily. There will always be that feeling of creativity and the satisfaction that your computer is made for "you" meaning it is personalized to your liking and your not buying a console and ties down to what a company thinks is best for your needs. Yes there is simplicity in consoles but everyone owns the same thing just a different unit than your friends. I personally want my money spent on something that I can make truly mine

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

1. Couch Co-op. i.e. split screen. There are many more games on console that support this than PC, and that's even counting mods. I know. I've tried. A looooot. 
  2. It just works. I don't have to be smart to deal with it. I don't have to be coherent to play a game of CoD for that matter.
  3. Majority of people have them for gaming. Majority of people have PCs but not for gaming. Your friends probably have a console. Social multiplayer is better because of this.
  4. Epic exclusives. Last of Us. The entire Nintendo line-up. Halo. Etc.

That's 4 at least. One of which is stupid that it is a benefit imo (#2), while another shouldn't be how it is (#4), and I had to really think about it to figure out the other two back when I tried to. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

only console worth buying was gamecube (and maybe the wii as long as you stick with gamecube controllers), for super smash bro's.

there isnt a single exclusive other than that, on any console, that i give 2 shits about.

racing games are boring as hell, and the console FPS community is full of 12 year old kids that all fucked my mother.

not to mention, i have over 140 games on my steam library, yet some of my most played games, were completely free (warframe, tera, blacklight retribution, etc) you just cant get that on console.  with shit exclusives, lower graphics, sickening framerate, juvenille community(yes pc has this too, but not as bad imo), awkward controllers, why would i consider console?

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

cuz PC MASTER RACE!!!!

PC Specs: Case Corsair Vengeance C70 - CPU i7-4770K @3.5Ghz - MOBO Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H - RAM HyperX Fury 2x8GB @1600Mhz - GPU MSI VENTUS RTX 2080 SUPER - HDD Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB, WD Black 4TB - PSU EVGA 750 G2 - Display Samsung S22C150 - CPU Cooler CM 212 Hyper EVO - Mouse Steelseries Sensei 310 - Current Wattage by pcpartpicker: 387W.

not to mention, i have over 140 games on my steam library, yet some of my most played games, were completely free (warframe, tera, blacklight retribution, etc) you just cant get that on console

inb4 Warthunder, Blacklight: Retribution, and DC Universe are on PS4. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

1. Couch Co-op. i.e. split screen. There are many more games on console that support this than PC, and that's even counting mods. I know. I've tried. A looooot. 
  2. It just works. I don't have to be smart to deal with it. I don't have to be coherent to play a game of CoD for that matter.
  3. Majority of people have them for gaming. Majority of people have PCs but not for gaming. Your friends probably have a console. Social multiplayer is better because of this.
  4. Epic exclusives. Last of Us. The entire Nintendo line-up. Halo. Etc.

That's 4 at least. One of which is stupid that it is a benefit imo (#2), while another shouldn't be how it is (#4), and I had to really think about it to figure out the other two back when I tried to. 

1. Couch Co-op barely exists any more, except for Nintendo. MS and Sony don't want to let multiple people to be able to enjoy their games for free any more. Even split screen for CoD requires the use of a paid XBL Gold or paid PSN account and the two people actually play each other over the internet, even though they are sitting next to each other. So they still have to put up with an internet connection, and pay for the premium online game play service, just to play split screen. Yes they are in the same house, but the information still has to be exchanged via their ISP, and having slow internet service will still affect game play.

2. PC's "just work" and you don't need any special knowledge to deal with them. It's less expensive if you can build you own, but it's not a requirement. Consoles also don't always "just work" either. Certain games, like CoD, still require you to mess with your router settings and add extra open ports of the online game play, and consoles have plenty of issues with things like patches that won't download or install.

3. Yes there are more total console owners than PC owners, but they are split across multiple platforms that don't interact with each other. Yet STEAM, which is just one of many PC resources, has more active players than Xbox Live.

4. All platforms have their good exclusive titles. Someone owning an Xbox One can't say consoles are superior due to Nintendo's exclusive titles though. But PC has tons of great exclusive titles as well. The Half Life series being a major one. Yes there have been shit console ports of a couple of the Half Life games, but console gamers have not enjoyed the full series, that has been released so far, like PC gamers have. The most popular games on the planet right now are also PC only. League of Legends and DotA 2 have more players around the world than any other game in existence, and console gamers have zero access to those games. 

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

inb4 Warthunder, Blacklight: Retribution, and DC Universe are on PS4. 

yes there are a small number of f2p games on ps4 (to my knowlage there is only 5), and you dont even need to pay for a ps+ subscription to play them online which is cool i guess (but you're still going to have one since you dont buy a ps4 to play f2p games).  i mentioned only 3 of the hundreds of f2p games ive played on pc, and best part is, i dont get stuck with a controller

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

1. Couch Co-op barely exists any more, except for Nintendo. MS and Sony don't want to let multiple people to be able to enjoy their games for free any more. Even split screen for CoD requires the use of a paid XBL Gold or paid PSN account and the two people actually play each other over the internet, even though they are sitting next to each other. So they still have to put up with an internet connection, and pay for the premium online game play service, just to play split screen. Yes they are in the same house, but the information still has to be exchanged via their ISP, and having slow internet service will still affect game play.

2. PC's "just work" and you don't need any special knowledge to deal with them. It's less expensive if you can build you own, but it's not a requirement. Consoles also don't always "just work" either. Certain games, like CoD, still require you to mess with your router settings and add extra open ports of the online game play, and consoles have plenty of issues with things like patches that won't download or install.

3. Yes there are more total console owners than PC owners, but they are split across multiple platforms that don't interact with each other. Yet STEAM, which is just one of many PC resources, has more active players than Xbox Live.

4. All platforms have their good exclusive titles. Someone owning an Xbox One can't say consoles are superior due to Nintendo's exclusive titles though. But PC has tons of great exclusive titles as well. The Half Life series being a major one. Yes there have been shit console ports of a couple of the Half Life games, but console gamers have not enjoyed the full series, that has been released so far, like PC gamers have. The most popular games on the planet right now are also PC only. League of Legends and DotA 2 have more players around the world than any other game in existence, and console gamers have zero access to those games.

Remember with the 360 to get wireless you had to use a laptop and make a network bridge to your 360?oh the shitty times

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Let us not hate on our Console Gaming brothers. Our kind is a magnanimous one and is not threatened by lesser machines. There is room on this Earth for all !

gallery_85716_1494_126953.jpg

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

1. I didn't mean "Online". I mean "At all." Most PC games don't have local co-op with split screen. There's local co-op LAN (i.e. multiple computers and players), and local co-op split screen (i.e. 1 computer, multiple players). AFAIK, the only games that allow local co-op split screen is Serious Sam 3, Resident Evil 6 (and the controls suck), and smaller games like Archon:Classic. I can still play a local TDM or FFA match on CoD with friends on console if I want. No internet or other consoles/games required. Just another controller.

You can mod some games to get it to work, but firstly that wasn't intentional, and secondly, that's annoying to deal with. Half Life 2, L4D2, Unreal Tournament 2004 are examples of that. L4D2 only allows your other input to be a controller/gamepad. And an Xbox 360 gamepad at that! That is beyond annoying.

2. I disagree. That's true at first, but God help the console pleb who wants to mod Skyrim and doesn't know about Nexus Mod Manager. At first it might go ok, but then things start breaking and he just has to reinstall the whole thing to undo the damage that's been done. Yeah, that's a simple 100% sure to work all the time solution, but it's the heavy handed annoying kind (downloading Skyrim tends to annoy people with crappy internet). 

CoD has never required that. It only prefers it. Having a closed NAT type and not port forwarding doesn't mean you can't play online. It means you will have slightly more lag and have a harder time connecting to certain players, but little else usually. I've never heard of it outright preventing you from playing multiplayer, and if that's the difference between too much lag and acceptable lag, your internet probably isn't up to it anyway.

3. Yes, but that is outweighed by the fact that PC has so many games. That's actually a negative here because it is where PC splits it's user base. Oh, you want play this one game with me in multiplayer? I don't have it. Buy it for me?

Whereas, consoles don't have that. A negative for game diversity/variety, but a positive for social multiplayer. If I want to play an FPS online with my friends, it's either going to be BF, CoD, or the console exclusive (Halo, Killzone, etc). Not much variety there.  

If I want to do that on PC, for one specific game that isn't one of the major popular titles as mentioned above, then good luck with that because every FPS and it's mom has multiplayer and some people prefer one to another. 

4. Yes, but the amount of exclusives varies. Nintendo has a crap-ton of exclusives that many would love to have on other systems. It's a reason why emulating Nintendo systems is so popular. LoL and DotA 2 are anomalies and have special reasons for their status, so I'm ignoring them.

But none of that is my point. The first list of 4 reasons wasn't to say "Console is better than PC." to someone. It was to say "These are reasons you'd want a console as well as your PC."

That's what he said. "There are no benefits to consoles." which I gave reasons why that isn't true. Not reasons that say "This is why Console master race." 

yes there are a small number of f2p games on ps4 (to my knowlage there is only 5), and you dont even need to pay for a ps+ subscription to play them online which is cool i guess (but you're still going to have one since you dont buy a ps4 to play f2p games).  i mentioned only 3 of the hundreds of f2p games ive played on pc, and best part is, i dont get stuck with a controller

"hundreds" I don't think the same Korean MMO with a different skin 100 times counts. I could believe dozens, but hundreds is beyond a stretch. 

PS+ is equal to Steam Sales for me. The list of games I got for $50 is awesome. If I divide $50 by the number of games, it's less than $0.90 per game, and there are quite a few AAA titles in there. If I divide $50 by the number of "good" games or "games I will play", then it's about $1.75. Still hard to beat Tomb Raider, Hitman: Absolution, Uncharted 3, Dead Space 3, etc for $1.75 each. 

Admittedly, many of those are on PS3, but some are on PS4 regardless. And I believe Playstation Now will bypass that separation for PS+ users making the deal all the sweeter. 

Remember with the 360 to get wireless you had to use a laptop and make a network bridge to your 360?oh the shitty times

I literally did that once with my friend to play Halo 2. Yes. Shitty times. The lag was horrendous.

† Christian Member †

"hundreds" I don't think the same Korean MMO with a different skin 100 times counts. I could believe dozens, but hundreds is beyond a stretch. 

off the top of my head i can think of over 50 games on pc, that are free, and not just clones of the same game. no they arent all graphicly amazing, they arent all even very good, but they are free.

|Specs in profile|

I don't count that as a negative because I am I 100% against gaming over wireless. It negatively affects the other people you play with. 

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

off the top of my head i can think of over 50 games on pc, that are free, and not just clones of the same game. no they arent all graphicly amazing, they arent all even very good, but they are free.

I agree, but that isn't "hundreds". It's in the realm of "dozens" where 4 x 12 = 48 or 4 x 13 (Baker's dozen) = 52. 

† Christian Member †

There is legitimately no reason to buy a console at this point in time.  You can build a PC that will far outperform any console for about the same price.

Almost right, but not quite... If you WANT exclusive titles, then there IS a reason to buy a console. Another one would be if you want to play games with friends over the proprietary networks which means you need a console. I'd personally not buy one, but I see the appeal...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

I agree, but that isn't "hundreds". It's in the realm of "dozens" where 4 x 12 = 48 or 4 x 13 (Baker's dozen) = 52. 

thats 50 titles off the top of my head, that does not include the hundreds that i obviously either cant remember, or dont even know about. hell, steam itself has over 100 f2p games on it.

|Specs in profile|

1. I didn't mean "Online". I mean "At all." Most PC games don't have local co-op with split screen. There's local co-op LAN (i.e. multiple computers and players), and local co-op split screen (i.e. 1 computer, multiple players). AFAIK, the only games that allow local co-op split screen is Serious Sam 3, Resident Evil 6 (and the controls suck), and smaller games like Archon:Classic. I can still play a local TDM or FFA match on CoD with friends on console if I want. No internet or other consoles/games required. Just another controller.

You can mod some games to get it to work, but firstly that wasn't intentional, and secondly, that's annoying to deal with. Half Life 2, L4D2, Unreal Tournament 2004 are examples of that. L4D2 only allows your other input to be a controller/gamepad. And an Xbox 360 gamepad at that! That is beyond annoying.

2. I disagree. That's true at first, but God help the console pleb who wants to mod Skyrim and doesn't know about Nexus Mod Manager. At first it might go ok, but then things start breaking and he just has to reinstall the whole thing to undo the damage that's been done. Yeah, that's a simple 100% sure to work all the time solution, but it's the heavy handed annoying kind (downloading Skyrim tends to annoy people with crappy internet). 

CoD has never required that. It only prefers it. Having a closed NAT type and not port forwarding doesn't mean you can't play online. It means you will have slightly more lag and have a harder time connecting to certain players, but little else usually. I've never heard of it outright preventing you from playing multiplayer, and if that's the difference between too much lag and acceptable lag, your internet probably isn't up to it anyway.

3. Yes, but that is outweighed by the fact that PC has so many games. That's actually a negative here because it is where PC splits it's user base. Oh, you want play this one game with me in multiplayer? I don't have it. Buy it for me?

Whereas, consoles don't have that. A negative for game diversity/variety, but a positive for social multiplayer. If I want to play an FPS online with my friends, it's either going to be BF, CoD, or the console exclusive (Halo, Killzone, etc). Not much variety there.  

If I want to do that on PC, for one specific game that isn't one of the major popular titles as mentioned above, then good luck with that because every FPS and it's mom has multiplayer and some people prefer one to another. 

4. Yes, but the amount of exclusives varies. Nintendo has a crap-ton of exclusives that many would love to have on other systems. It's a reason why emulating Nintendo systems is so popular. LoL and DotA 2 are anomalies and have special reasons for their status, so I'm ignoring them.

But none of that is my point. The first list of 4 reasons wasn't to say "Console is better than PC." to someone. It was to say "These are reasons you'd want a console as well as your PC."

1. Incorrect. Ever since CoD MW: 3, split screen multiplayer on XBox and Playstation platforms operates via the online system. They don't openly boast that, but that's the only way it works. Also, at least one of the two people has to have a paid online account for XBL or PSN.

The death of split screen:

http://theglobalpanorama.com/the-curious-death-of-split-screen-gaming/

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/942713-dead-island/answers?qid=298202

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/713745-call-of-duty-ghosts/67832310

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2010/03/slow-death-of-split-screen-why-modnation-racers-loves-it/

2. Incorrect, moding SKYRIM is a CHOICE. You do not have to run a single mod to play the game normally. Just like overclocking a CPU is a CHOICE.

3. More nonsense. Seriously, this isn't South Park, crap should not be coming out of your mouth. PC "having so many games is a negative"? And some how "splits it's user base"??? PC does not split it's user base at all, and there is no amount of games that could ever be too many.

4. Yep, take the fact that PC has the two most popular games in the world and try to brush them off as "anomalies". World of Warcraft, while as not as popular as it used to be, still brings in over a billion dollars a year for Blizzard, and it's been around since 2005. Or is a game that's been around for almost a decade still an "anomaly" too. Can you name 1 single console game from 2005 that still has over 7 million monthly users? How about 1 million? Yeah, I didn't think so. Yet PC has tons of old games that still get played on a daily basis. Counter Strike, as in the original from 200, 14 years ago, consistently makes the top 10 most played STEAM games on a daily basis.

I also like how you use the myth that online multiplayer PC games only get played because people beg their friends to pay it for them as a negative, yet you try to use illegal piracy of Nintendo games as a positive. Nintendo games don't get pirated because they are so amazing, they get pirated because people don't think they are good enough to justify the cost.

-snip-

You seem to think this is some debate. At least that's how you talk imo. 

It's not. I was giving reasons why consoles aren't completely pointless and have benefits and why I consider them reasons. Regardless of why I think they are reasons, they are indeed reasons. 

If you disagree with them, fine, but honestly, I don't think you are good at discussion personally because you build strawmen out the wazoo.

† Christian Member †

You seem to think this is some debate. At least that's how you talk imo. 

It's not. I was giving reasons why consoles aren't completely pointless and have benefits and why I consider them reasons. Regardless of why I think they are reasons, they are indeed reasons. 

If you disagree with them, fine, but honestly, I don't think you are good at discussion personally because you build strawmen out the wazoo.

The issue is the reasons you give for console being good are not true. Talk up consoles all you want, but don't think that someone won't say something when you lie.

thats 50 titles off the top of my head, that does not include the hundreds that i obviously either cant remember, or dont even know about. hell, steam itself has over 100 f2p games on it.

I thought you said "not counting reskins". I'm sure there are many of those on Steam. Then consider noise-signal ratio of bad to good games. Only the most popular and fairly decent F2P games would get to consoles. 

As I've said to jmaster299, this isn't about which is better. I brought it up to say that consoles aren't devoid of these things, they just have less of them.

The issue is the reasons you give for console being good are not true. Talk up consoles all you want, but don't think that someone won't say something when you lie.

So you are saying that the below things are true?

Console isn't good for playing split screen local co-op relative to PC.

Console are harder to setup and get from "buy it" to "gaming" than PC.

Finding someone with a console in your local area to play with is harder than doing the same with a PC. (Considering setup time)

Console exclusives aren't worth dealing with consoles.

Because I consider that all that bunk personally.

• Couch Co-op. i.e. split screen. There are many more games on console that support this than PC, and that's even counting mods. I know. I've tried. A looooot. 
  • It just works. I don't have to be smart to deal with it. I don't have to be coherent to play a game of CoD for that matter.
  • Majority of people have them for gaming. Majority of people have PCs but not for gaming. Your friends probably have a console. Social multiplayer is better because of this.
  • Epic exclusives. Last of Us. The entire Nintendo line-up. Halo. Etc.

† Christian Member †