Why are PC gamers *usually* such jerks to console gamers?

GrmanRodriguez

The price went up due to litecoin mining. That was literally a 89 dollar GPU 2 years ago. Last Black Friday people were buying 7870's for 130 and 7850's for 110. There was also a fire where supposedly VRAM caught on fire (and they raised sys ram prices which made no sense).

Ps4 is between a 7790 and 7850. So yeah. Even that was a bad value. The 7850 came with games to.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6351048-msi-r7850-2gd5-oc-radeon-hd-7850-2gb-256-bit-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-video-card-2-silver-tier-amd-reward-games-for-110-ar-free-shipping

7850's have been as low as 90 bucks lately. There was also a 7870 which is like 2.56 TFLOPS to the PS4's 1.84 for 110. They are the same architecture. 

http://slickdeals.net/f/7027510-amd-powercolor-7850-89-ar?page=6

Damn. Thanks for enlightening me....

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

From what I see. A lot of the time it's the misinformed console gamers that boast about how powerful or how much better their console is than a PC. Then I see a PC gamer reply explaining how they are wrong and then it turns into a full blown argument with name calling and everything else.

It's stupid, but I must admit some of the arguments are funny to read sometimes.

Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V LX | CPU Intel i5 3550 @ 3.30GHz | Graphics Card MSI Power Edition GTX 660 Ti @ 1302MHz | PSU Corsair TX650 | RAM 8GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz

Boot Drive 128GB OCZ Agility 4 | Recording HDD 500GB Seagate Barracuda | Games HDD 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor Dell U2312HM

Only the assholes on PC care i don't care at all... I have a PC and a PS4 IDGAFOS who knows :) .

But a huge amount of console only kids are the main culprits who talk shit about PC no matter what.

I used to be one of those "PC is for dumbasses but i now i say f* it PC is great and so is console exclusives! I want Halo master chief collection and uncharted 4 real bad..... 

Plus some people cant afford a good PC to play games... PC's* are not cheaper then a PS4...

Xbone on the other hand is crappy and i would take a solid $500 build over that thing...

Still i plan to buy one when it drops to $250 like the PS4 did a while back so i can play halo (So sad i guess)

*A good PC that can run 1080p 60 fps in all newer AAA titles for $500 or less is not possible! If so make a proper build with quality parts (Not raidmax or some random brand..) and post it !

I do. Because it affects me. 

If people only used PC for gaming, we wouldn't get shit like Watch_Dogs. I say shit because it's shit (both the situation and the game, which I've played, at least relative to what they promised). 

Don't get me wrong, I own multiple consoles, and I will be buying a PS4 because I know regardless of what I do, people are still going to buy them. I'm just saying, what other people do with their money most certainly affects us. That's just how society works.

Do I wish everyone gamed on the PC? Yes. Do I believe they are the superior platform? 100% yes. I am a part of the PC Master Race. However, some console exclusives are totally worth it, and there are certain situations where the systems themselves make perfect sense. 

you're contradicting yourself by saying that.  By you supporting console exclusives,  will only entice developers to release even more exclusives instead of making their games universal.

I'm also in the pc master race arena but I totally respect console gamers.  In the end It's all about what you feel most comfortable with.  Many people are very intimidated by even the thought of building a computer from scratch for themselves...I know because I used to be one of those people.  For me now building a computer is child play and the funny part is that I used to be a console peasant(no offense) for a long....long time.

4. All platforms have thThe most popular games on the planet right now are also PC only. League of Legends and DotA 2 have more players around the world than any other game in existence, and console gamers have zero access to those games. 

go dota whohoow 

if i helped you and im right give me best answer ok  ;)

Because Linus 

IweITLX.gif

3u2pmwn.gif

Seriously, not hating but, console peasants think that their devices are the best. 

The never lasting debate, Sony or Xbox... Watch them fight.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

-snip-

That first GIF, LOL! Dramatic Linus! The second is awesome, but also very easy to misinterpret.

As to your comment, there was this old saying that applies here: Do Not Feed The Trolls (or else you will also become a troll before you notice it)

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

People can buy consoles if they like. I too enjoy the occasional split-screen battle but I wouldn't buy one myself. Let's face it, you need a computer anyway for many tasks. Buying a reasonably fast one capable of running some games isn't that much more expensive than a really lackluster one. That said, I do understand the appeal of buying a box, buying a game, and having it "just work".

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Let's face it, you need a computer anyway for many tasks. 

That is so true

1. Couch Co-op. i.e. split screen. There are many more games on console that support this than PC, and that's even counting mods. I know. I've tried. A looooot. 
  2. It just works. I don't have to be smart to deal with it. I don't have to be coherent to play a game of CoD for that matter.
  3. Majority of people have them for gaming. Majority of people have PCs but not for gaming. Your friends probably have a console. Social multiplayer is better because of this.
  4. Epic exclusives. Last of Us. The entire Nintendo line-up. Halo. Etc.

That's 4 at least. One of which is stupid that it is a benefit imo (#2), while another shouldn't be how it is (#4), and I had to really think about it to figure out the other two back when I tried to. 

1. There are a good couple of games on PC that support local split-screen Co-op. Heck, even Goat Simulator does that now

2. Even on a not-so-good  laptop, all games that I play just works as well, even if with low frame-rate at times.

3. I know several friends who has PCs for gaming. You can also do much more than gaming on a PC as well. For example, does consoles have Visual Studio?

4. Pc also have exlusives. DotA2, League of Legends, basically every single game made by Sid Meier, RTS games, other ARTS/MOBA games, simulators, Kerbal Space Program, grand strategy games and the list goes on

(Also, I'm certainly not interested in TLOA because post-apocalypse is one super turn-down for me)

To be honest, I dont really hate consoles excepts for those peasant who thinks their device is so much powerful bla bla bla bla and refuse to except any goodness of any side other than his...

But it starts to become more annoying lately when watchdog thingy happens now that I wish consoles never exist...

I want to game in 60FPS minimum, not 30... you think you are fine with 30fps? fine... your choice... you force me to accept 30fps? you probably deserve whatever thing you get from me... don't say I'm a jerk when you are the douchebag who forced me to do things the way you want...

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

i'am a pc gamer simply because i cant play any thing without a mouse and a keyboard and i respect console gamers but pc "from my perspective" is just has a better graphics ,upgradability ,and you can use itin many many things other than gaming on it.