Why are PC gamers *usually* such jerks to console gamers?

GrmanRodriguez

I'm a PC gamer but I just can't stand people who hate on console gamers like really bad, the fact that we prefer PCs doesn't mean others should to. If someone posts "the Xbox is awesome" there is always someone who says "f*** off you s*** a****** kid go s*** **** on Bill Gates" or something like that, and then complain about "console fanboys" who are just defending themselves from your insults. I know not everyone is like this but it's very common, and it saddens me to be part of a community that is so untolerant and elitist.

What are your thoughts on this?

Because the ones that do are precisely that, jerks... I like to joke about "PC master race" but in all seriousness, I don't care what others do with their money.

Edit: Let the flame war begins...

796.jpg

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I joke about with the 'PC Master Race' thing, but to be completely honest. I don't really have a problem with consoles, not everyone has the skill/time to build a PC and buying a console for simple living room gaming, is a very appealing option.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Because the ones that do are precisely that, jerks... I like to joke about "PC master race" but in all seriousness, I don't care what others do with their money.

I do. Because it affects me. 

If people only used PC for gaming, we wouldn't get shit like Watch_Dogs. I say shit because it's shit (both the situation and the game, which I've played, at least relative to what they promised). 

Don't get me wrong, I own multiple consoles, and I will be buying a PS4 because I know regardless of what I do, people are still going to buy them. I'm just saying, what other people do with their money most certainly affects us. That's just how society works.

Do I wish everyone gamed on the PC? Yes. Do I believe they are the superior platform? 100% yes. I am a part of the PC Master Race. However, some console exclusives are totally worth it, and there are certain situations where the systems themselves make perfect sense. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I joke about with the 'PC Master Race' thing, but to be completely honest. I don't really have a problem with consoles, not everyone has the skill/time to build a PC and buying a console for simple living room gaming, is a very appealing option.

exactly. this is why steamboxes might be a thing.

PC users? (rofl) . Haven't you seen all the hate comments from console guys when they announced GTA:V for pc?

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

I don't really think its the build a pc thing that comes into it anymore, its what plug in 5 components minimum and away you go, and the reality is this generation of consoles are pc's.

I don't really think its the build a pc thing that comes into it anymore, its what plug in 5 components minimum and away you go, and the reality is this generation of consoles are pc's.

Although building a PC may be rather simple, some people don't want to risk upwards of £350 on building a computer, that's just how some people feel.

The building a PC part is still a rather major factor.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

The pc community seems to be training itself to hate the console gamers in some misguided hope that it will make console gamers want to be pc gamers. Which is not the way it's going to happen. It's for the reason to get better games and less fail-tastic ports like watch dogs and assassins creed. But the moronic elitist fail to think that all flaming console gamers does is make them hate all pc gamers.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I'm in the same boat as OP here, also a huge PC gamer, 90% PC gaming, 10% Playstation, but I don't know why PC gamers act all high and mighty when it comes to console gaming.

It is what it is though, boys will be boys.

PC SPECS: AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5Ghz (CPU) || MSI 970A-G43 (MB) || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz (RAM) || MSI AMD 6870 1GB (GPU) || Aerocool 6th Element (CASE) || Sandisk 64GB SSD + Seagate 500GB HDD (STORAGE) || XFX 550w Pro Series (PSU) || ASUS MX239H 23" (MONITOR) || Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (COOLER) || Logitech G110 (KEYBOARD)

There is legitimately no reason to buy a console at this point in time.  You can build a PC that will far outperform any console for about the same price.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

It also helps they keep saying the most bumtastic budget tower is better than a ps4 but that is not including any proper peripherals, diplay or os. It's quite shocking how many people I have fought with saying "just pirate windows." Yeah and if I just stole a ps4 it would be cheaper too. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

The pc community seems to be training itself to hate the console gamers in some misguided hope that it will make console gamers want to be pc gamers. Which is not the way it's going to happen.

^this

-snip-

Meh, I've been playing on PC since 98 and what I've seen is lazy developers. But you do got some points and you're open minded, that's great, I'm glad to call you my PC brother.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I use the whole "PC mustard race" as a joke cause I actually find elitists very funny cause of how sad they are. Honestly I think that most PC gamers couldn't care less about consoles, it's only the minority that think there is an actual master race and those are the people that give the rest of us a bad rep.

[ Rig: CPU: 4930K, GPU: EVGA 780TI SC x2, RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Mobo: ASUS P9 X79 LE, Storage: 120GB Samsung EVO + 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU: Corsair RM1000 ]

PC MASTER RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because people think that spending a shit ton of money on a pc grants them access to the secret club of pc gaming giving them a giant ego when in reality theyre as bad if not worse than console gamers.

Ill take weed smokers & quickscopers over weeaboos & neckbeards any day.

console beats pc

Because people think that spending a shit ton of money on a pc grants them access to the secret club of pc gaming giving them a giant ego when in reality theyre as bad if not worse than console gamers.

console beats pc

YOU SIR JUST STARTED A WAR WITH THAT LAST LINE. THE THREAD NOW GOES DOWHILL FROM HERE LOL

console beats pc

They see you trollin'

YOU SIR JUST STARTED A WAR WITH THAT LAST LINE. THE THREAD NOW GOES DOWHILL FROM HERE LOL

They instigatin'

Tryin' to catch you with them warning points.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

PC elitism doesn't exist... X86 makes console games easy to develop... pirated games is just as easy on consoles as it is on PC...

LOL no! I am sorry, but if you have no clue on how consoles are designed, which most of you DO NOT, the please STFU and leave the consolites alone!

On the flipside, the console wars (which excludes the PC), is cringe-worthy, no matter how you cut it.

And it has been mentioned a million times already; the console fanboys and PC elitists are the minorities that get the most internet attention.

If you care about graphics and moddability and all that, AND want to have a silo full of heavily discounted games, build a PC.

If you just want a plug-n-play device OR have a PC that is designated for workstation or server use, then buy a console.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED to make a big Elmer Fudd about this.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

You can't pirate games on next-gen console and previous gen console are too outdated.

This^ this is the kind of idiocy that makes people not like pc elitist. And I fully understand everyone disgust with them.