Why are PC gamers *usually* such jerks to console gamers?

GrmanRodriguez

The definition of stupidity is

seeing the truth

knowing the truth

but believing the lies

I tend to see that the problem is not that "console fan boys" are only defending themselves, as it is more that they make up silly excuses for why they're actually better than the "PC Master Race" and when they are corrected, they instantly fight back and call the master race mean 'n' such. I's more like a stubborn 10-12 year old trying to justify his/her choice by making up lies.

There can't even be a conversation about culture in gaming without starting a debate on consoles vs PC

There can't even be a conversation about culture in gaming without starting a debate on consoles vs PC

It's not a debate. I'm not putting forth an argument. These are things I figured most people understood to be true. 

And considering the topic is "Culture: Why are pc gamers usually such jerks to console gamers?", those things are required for the discussion. Comparing console things to PC things in general.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It's not a debate. I'm not putting forth an argument. These are things I figured most people understood to be true.

And considering the topic is "Culture: Why are pc gamers usually such jerks to console gamers?", those things are required for the discussion. Comparing console things to PC things in general.

It is a debate. And the talk shouldn't be about the systems but the gamers themselves

So you are saying that the below things are true?

Console isn't good for playing split screen local co-op relative to PC.

Console are harder to setup and get from "buy it" to "gaming" than PC.

Finding someone with a console in your local area to play with is harder than doing the same with a PC. (Considering setup time)

Console exclusives aren't worth dealing with consoles.

Because I consider that all that bunk personally.

1. No, I am saying that consoles still supporting broadly supporting split screen multiplayer is a lie. It's becoming less and less common, and even some of it that still exists requires an internet connection and a paid XBL or PSN account to play, making it no better than any other form of online multiplayer. I also said Nintendo is an exception because they still support regular split screen, but even then they do shitting things to their customers like disabling online multiplayer for Mario Cart 7 as soon as Mario Cart 8 was released.

2. I never said consoles are more difficult to set up, but they are not any easier to set up than an off the shelf PC either. I can walk into Bestbuy, or order a PC from Origin or Digital Storm Online, and it's just as easy to set those PC's up as it is to set up a PC. Yes there will be Windows updates to apply, but consoles require out of the box updates as well. Same thing for console games these days, more and more are being released that require day one patches.

People having the OPTION to build their own PC is in no way a negative. It's just the opposite in fact, if people had options and could build there own consoles, there would be a lot more console players.

3. I'm confused on this open ask me if the things you list are untrue, yet number 3 is a negative for consoles. Yes it's more difficult to find someone locally to play at their house on console than it is to find someone to play with online with a PC. There is no issue at all finding someone to play with online, it's why online is immensely more popular than split screen. 

4. I never said console exclusive are all not worth dealing with consoles, but it's a simple fact that they are not good enough to make tens of millions of people spend the extra $400+ on the console and cost of the couple of good exclusives when there are soooooooooooooo many more games to choose from on PC.

If console exclusives were that good, everyone would have every console on the market. But your argument that Nintendo emulators being popular is not a good thing for Nintendo or consoles. Because, again, if the exclusives really were that good, people would pay for them instead of pirating them.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

The PC out performs the console by so much everyone knows this, but some people can't afford a gaming pc or even just a normal pc and for others it's just a personal preference, hating on console gamers and visa versa is like hating on someone for there favourite colour or what footy team they go for (am a bombers man myself for those that follow AFL) it's hating on what they like and in some cases what they can afford

i'm in first place a pc gamer, but i'll allways have a console for those great franchises like gran turismo or killzone and others that just don't come to pc. I'm sure they're enough xbox franchises to like forza.
and for a bit nostalgic feeling there's nintendo :P with all the mario games!

I'll never bitch on consoles :)

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

I just like to play video games, and my preferred platform happens to be PC. I rarely ever argue with people on which is better, because quite frankly I don't care.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

1. No, I am saying that consoles still supporting broadly supporting split screen multiplayer is a lie. It's becoming less and less common, and even some of it that still exists requires an internet connection and a paid XBL or PSN account to play, making it no better than any other form of online multiplayer. I also said Nintendo is an exception because they still support regular split screen, but even then they do shitting things to their customers like disabling online multiplayer for Mario Cart 7 as soon as Mario Cart 8 was released.

2. I never said consoles are more difficult to set up, but they are not any easier to set up than an off the shelf PC either. I can walk into Bestbuy, or order a PC from Origin or Digital Storm Online, and it's just as easy to set those PC's up as it is to set up a PC. Yes there will be Windows updates to apply, but consoles require out of the box updates as well. Same thing for console games these days, more and more are being released that require day one patches.

People having the OPTION to build their own PC is in no way a negative. It's just the opposite in fact, if people had options and could build there own consoles, there would be a lot more console players.

3. I'm confused on this open ask me if the things you list are untrue, yet number 3 is a negative for consoles. Yes it's more difficult to find someone locally to play at their house on console than it is to find someone to play with online with a PC. There is no issue at all finding someone to play with online, it's why online is immensely more popular than split screen. 

4. I never said console exclusive are all not worth dealing with consoles, but it's a simple fact that they are not good enough to make tens of millions of people spend the extra $400+ on the console and cost of the couple of good exclusives when there are soooooooooooooo many more games to choose from on PC.

If console exclusives were that good, everyone would have every console on the market. But your argument that Nintendo emulators being popular is not a good thing for Nintendo or consoles. Because, again, if the exclusives really were that good, people would pay for them instead of pirating them.

1) To me, this sounds like a problem specific to the XBOX One. Microsoft has been known for it's draconian online systems. For example, can someone explain to me why Youtube, of all services, is behind the Live paywall? Anyways, I have a PS3, and a good chunk of the games that I own for it contain a no-internet splitscreen game mode. There are times that my router has failed on me, when i have friends over. So that means no internet connection, period. Guess what games we play together? Among others, we play Black Ops 2. This is in direct contradiction to what you said, as it is a COD game that was released after MW3.

2) I agree... sort of. The issue I have is when you brought pre-builts into the equation. I see this as a black-and-white scenario; build your PC from scratch, or buy a console. There is no option in between. Those that try to accomplish both tasks end up satisfying neither criteria. A perfect example of this is the Steam Machines. It provides so many technical options, at inconsistent prices, that It will confuse and frustrate the console-type gamers. At the same time, there are so many limitations, like cost-to-performance ratios, attached to the concept, that it seems underwhelming to most PC users. At the end of the day, It lacks a valid target audience. 

3) It seems that you misunderstood what he said. If you want to find some random people to play with you, the PC will be the better platform, but only marginally so. If you have buddies (friends IRL, not facebook "friends") you want to play with, then it indeed becomes somewhat painful. I will bring another personal example. With my PS3, I could count with my fingers the amount of times that I was not able to join a friend's game, and vice versa. On my laptop, I would usually wait for around an hour of awkward silence with my friends, hoping for a pseudo-LAN party, before being forced to play the games on my own. The games I play, they consider stupid. The games they play, I consider boring. I have yet to play a single PC game with my friends.

4) You are playing the numbers game here, which does not make any sense. PC has more exclusives than consoles? WELL, YOU DONT SAY?! The thing is that the exclusive games are like flavors of ice cream. Only you can choose what you like, not other people, not raw numbers, and not even the reviews. For example, there are a zillion options for PC exclusives, and PC games in general, but all the customer wants is Mario Kart. What do you do then? What about the others, like Forza, Halo, Killzone, InFamous, etc.? While you can sort of get by with emulators, it heavily compromises the comfort and simplicity of the source consoles. In this situation, I would very strongly recommend against the use of emulation.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Probably because the current console market is a detriment to gaming quality. Granted they fund alot of the gaming industry, but that doesnt earn them respect.

Especially the ones that flat out believe somehow that console gaming is in any way equal to or (in the case of certain braindeath) better than pc gaming.

PCMASTERRACE TIL THE END OF TIME

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1) To me, this sounds like a problem specific to the XBOX One. Microsoft has been known for it's draconian online systems. For example, can someone explain to me why Youtube, of all services, is behind the Live paywall? Anyways, I have a PS3, and a good chunk of the games that I own for it contain a no-internet splitscreen game mode. There are times that my router has failed on me, when i have friends over. So that means no internet connection, period. Guess what games we play together? Among others, we play Black Ops 2. This is in direct contradiction to what you said, as it is a COD game that was released after MW3.

2) I agree... sort of. The issue I have is when you brought pre-builts into the equation. I see this as a black-and-white scenario; build your PC from scratch, or buy a console. There is no option in between. Those that try to accomplish both tasks end up satisfying neither criteria. A perfect example of this is the Steam Machines. It provides so many technical options, at inconsistent prices, that It will confuse and frustrate the console-type gamers. At the same time, there are so many limitations, like cost-to-performance ratios, attached to the concept, that it seems underwhelming to most PC users. At the end of the day, It lacks a valid target audience. 

3) It seems that you misunderstood what he said. If you want to find some random people to play with you, the PC will be the better platform, but only marginally so. If you have buddies (friends IRL, not facebook "friends") you want to play with, then it indeed becomes somewhat painful. I will bring another personal example. With my PS3, I could count with my fingers the amount of times that I was not able to join a friend's game, and vice versa. On my laptop, I would usually wait for around an hour of awkward silence with my friends, hoping for a pseudo-LAN party, before being forced to play the games on my own. The games I play, they consider stupid. The games they play, I consider boring. I have yet to play a single PC game with my friends.

4) You are playing the numbers game here, which does not make any sense. PC has more exclusives than consoles? WELL, YOU DONT SAY?! The thing is that the exclusive games are like flavors of ice cream. Only you can choose what you like, not other people, not raw numbers, and not even the reviews. For example, there are a zillion options for PC exclusives, and PC games in general, but all the customer wants is Mario Kart. What do you do then? What about the others, like Forza, Halo, Killzone, InFamous, etc.? While you can sort of get by with emulators, it heavily compromises the comfort and simplicity of the source consoles. In this situation, I would very strongly recommend against the use of emulation.

1. Incorrect. Try actually reading how it works, based on what I said and the links I provided, before commenting. Yes you can play split screen in Black Ops 2, but it does NOT work how you think it does. First, at least one person needs a PSN account, using a guest account for the second person varies from platform and and game, but always at least one person needs a PSN account. Specifically for the PS3 is does not need to be a paid account, but it does for the PS4.

When you play split screen, the information between you and the other player is actually transmitted over the internet, exactly the same way it does for online multiplayer. It's beyond stupid, but that's how it works. It will be transmitted by the PS3 to the first hub for your ISP, and then be turned around and sent right back to your PS3.

2. No issue.

3. I understood, but you are both still wrong. You are acting as if I can't play online PC games with friends. Yes they can't sit down at the same computer as me, but again that's Microsoft's fault. They won't allow PC's to have that function, especially since they got into the console market over a decade ago. Microsoft not allowing something because it competes with their console is actually a negative against consoles.

4. Incorrect, again. You're saying he can use console exclusive as a selling point, then turn and tell me that PC's having more exclusives is not a win for PC's???? Nothing else you say about exclusives is true either. NOT all customers want Mario Kart, and, again, if Mario Kart was as good as you claim, people would be willing to pay for it. I'd like to have the original Mario Kart, but I can't walk down to the store and buy a new copy of it. Yes there are overpriced 3rd party consoles on the market, and the game can be purchased used. They are not super difficult or expensive, yet people still choose to pirate the game because the effort and the cost is not worth it.

I am not, and never said, console exclusives are bad, but I am saying they do not make consoles better than PC. 

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

PC users? (rofl) . Haven't you seen all the hate comments from console guys when they announced GTA:V for pc?

THISTHISTHIS. Holeh shet that vid got hate by console people when it got realesed.

But yeah i dont hate on console peeps because i have an xbox 360 and i have a ps3 wich i still use (forza3 and gta5).

Gaming Computer | Case: CM Storm Scout II | MB: Asus P8Z77-V LK | CPU: i5 2320@3,6ghz | GFX:  MSI GTX 770 Gaming | RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1333mhz | Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor: 1x Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz , 1x Samsung SyncMaster SA300 @ 77hz OC'd 

Other Device's | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE@OmniROM | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1@OmniROM | Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Win 8.1

THISTHISTHIS. Holeh shet that vid got hate by console people when it got realesed.

But yeah i dont hate on console peeps because i have an xbox 360 and i have a ps3 wich i still use (forza3 and gta5).

It started long before they announced GTA V for PC. It was last year some time when that idiot started that Change.org petition to prevent Rockstar from releasing GTA V on PC "to teach PC owners a lesson to stop pirating games".

YOU SIR JUST STARTED A WAR WITH THAT LAST LINE. THE THREAD NOW GOES DOWHILL FROM HERE LOL

That was his intent, he's a console gamer so "oh god, someones pointed out that I've wasted my money on a pointless form factor, and since I can't use logic (because logically pc is better) I MUST TROLL"

thats why consoles suck, nothing but trolls.

That was his intent, he's a console gamer so "oh god, someones pointed out that I've wasted my money on a pointless form factor, and since I can't use logic (because logically pc is better) I MUST TROLL"

thats why consoles suck, nothing but trolls.

This is just what I mean

oh god just as i thought this tread is going downhill lol

It started long before they announced GTA V for PC. It was last year some time when that idiot started that Change.org petition to prevent Rockstar from releasing GTA V on PC "to teach PC owners a lesson to stop pirating games".

omg yeah now that you say it i remember.  that was sad man hahahahhah

Gaming Computer | Case: CM Storm Scout II | MB: Asus P8Z77-V LK | CPU: i5 2320@3,6ghz | GFX:  MSI GTX 770 Gaming | RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1333mhz | Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor: 1x Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz , 1x Samsung SyncMaster SA300 @ 77hz OC'd 

Other Device's | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE@OmniROM | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1@OmniROM | Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Win 8.1

PC users? (rofl) . Haven't you seen all the hate comments from console guys when they announced GTA:V for pc?

No, because that never happend. People were more frustrated it wasn't on PC, and were happy when Sony announced it on behalf of Rockstar.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

1. Incorrect. Try actually reading how it works, based on what I said and the links I provided, before commenting. Yes you can play split screen in Black Ops 2, but it does NOT work how you think it does. First, at least one person needs a PSN account, using a guest account for the second person varies from platform and and game, but always at least one person needs a PSN account. Specifically for the PS3 is does not need to be a paid account, but it does for the PS4.

When you play split screen, the information between you and the other player is actually transmitted over the internet, exactly the same way it does for online multiplayer. It's beyond stupid, but that's how it works. It will be transmitted by the PS3 to the first hub for your ISP, and then be turned around and sent right back to your PS3.

2. No issue.

3. I understood, but you are both still wrong. You are acting as if I can't play online PC games with friends. Yes they can't sit down at the same computer as me, but again that's Microsoft's fault. They won't allow PC's to have that function, especially since they got into the console market over a decade ago. Microsoft not allowing something because it competes with their console is actually a negative against consoles.

4. Incorrect, again. You're saying he can use console exclusive as a selling point, then turn and tell me that PC's having more exclusives is not a win for PC's???? Nothing else you say about exclusives is true either. NOT all customers want Mario Kart, and, again, if Mario Kart was as good as you claim, people would be willing to pay for it. I'd like to have the original Mario Kart, but I can't walk down to the store and buy a new copy of it. Yes there are overpriced 3rd party consoles on the market, and the game can be purchased used. They are not super difficult or expensive, yet people still choose to pirate the game because the effort and the cost is not worth it.

I am not, and never said, console exclusives are bad, but I am saying they do not make consoles better than PC. 

1) I have simply stated my personal views and experience, but you decided to be condescending about it anyways. All i will say at this point is that I have already tried this on other profiles, unlinked to any PSN account, and the split-screen in games, including Black Ops 2, worked as normal. I never received any "you need to login in to play co-op" prompts, it just lets me play. Again, this is a problem that the Xbox ecosystem has, and it was as far back as COD4. Maybe you are talking about some of the downported PS4 games, but within the scope of the games that I have played, split-screen gaming was never a problem.

Also, hubs?? Granted that the ISPs generally use ancient architecture, but if this is true, then live communications would have been a nightmare. Is there an ISP that has not yet upgraded to switches? If so, the I will pay my condolences to the customers.

3) You still do not understand the context of the original message. YES you CAN play online with the PC easily. YES you CAN play online with any community that you choose. HOWEVER, when you want to play with FRIENDS, that is another problem altogether. Let me ask you, between you and your gamer friends (again, IRL), how many games do you REALLY have in common, and that you both like, AND that you have both downloaded? In practical reality, the games to choose from becomes very limited. In my case, it was basically zero.

With the consoles, all you have to do is pop in the cartridge or disc of a given game, let the game update, and you are good to go. The XBOX One DRM controversy proves exactly this. With PC, you need to download each game, as the optical format is next to obsolete. While there are some lightweight games, the overall size that you deal with is 12GB. In a typical household scenario, this becomes very painful, very quickly. Alot of people, particularly laptop owners, have a fairly low space limit, which only worsens the situation.

4) What in the world are you rambling about? First off, Exclusives are EXACTLY what sells consoles. Why I got a PS3 in the first place? LittleBigPlanet. Yes, I got a PS3 only for the sake of one game, and many consolites share the same mentality. When Mario Kart 8 was released, it helped boost the sales of the otherwise failing WiiU in a very short period of time. Once again, this is a direct contradiction to what you claimed. I have already addressed your other point; the more games that are available, the chances of playing the same game with other people gets reduced.

You mention piracy... in the context of consoles. It may not be impossible, but it is in no way easier or as easy as the PC platform. In the PC, you have BitTorrent, among other things. For the consoles, you have to understand the proprietary system infrastructures just to get started, and this is beyond most people.

At this point, I have to agree with the other guy; you have been turning this into a personal vendetta. Let me remind you that you have done this previously, actively engaging in a GPU epeen battle (call it what you want, that is all it was), when the OP was simply asking for models of a specific iteration. I will absolutely not pardon the other guy either, but you need to stop making a big deal out of every single insignificant detail to defend your case. THIS is the very definition of Elitism.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

This is just what I mean

I'm not being a jerk, logically PC is superior in every single way, its upgradable, its flexible.

A console is what it is, for the exact price they feel like charging, it comes out already obsolete, and is for the money, overpriced when compared to pc.

Its called logic, the only advantage to a console? size. and even then that causes issues with heat, longevity, and durability.

Console offers no advantage that is reasonably worth the price.

-snip-

1. You can't play any game on your PS3 without being signed into an account. Again, you don't have to take my word for it, just read the fucking links I provided.

3. I understand it just fine. But you and the other genius are acting as if the only way I can play with people I know is if they are sitting in the same room as me. I'm 32, I don't get to camp out in the living room and play with my friends like I could when I was 10. Me being able to play with my friends online is no different than playing with them in person. We're both still playing the same game, at the same time, and have a dozen different VoiP options for speaking with each other. The only difference is I don't have to worry about them drinking my beer. If we do happen to be doing something where we are both at the same place, we do things more important than playing video games.

4. Ugh, are you incapable of basic comprehension. I never said exclusive were bad, but both you and the other guy tried saying it was bad that PC has too many to choose from. I know full well they sell consoles, but that does not make consoles better. There are exclusives that drive PC sales too. All I said was the console exclusives are NOT as good as you and the other game are trying to claim. If console exclusive were anywhere close to as good as you claim, they would be selling a lot more consoles. Everyone would have all 3 of the home consoles and PC would only be a secondary choice.

But as it stands there is no console game in existence that is as popular as the most popular PC games. LoL has 27 million daily players, more than the grand total of sales for Black Ops, and nearly double the grand total sales of Ghosts. Again, that's just each day, monthly, 67 million players play LoL each month. Any console game would kill for those kinds of numbers. All the evidence shows that PC exclusives are pulling people away from consoles. For the last 5 years everyone has been predicting the death of the PC, but it's been the PC gaming market that has not only kept it alive, but hardware sales have actually increased.

-snip-

Ok this argument is already getting out of hand. I won't bother replying to your topics now, as it is pure hyperbole at this point. I have already stated that you are already being over-defensive about this, and you still continue to do it. I have stated my impressions and biases in full, clear text, but you somehow manage to twist it to something else. I have already stated answers to your cherry-picking questions, but you still ask them. While you look solely at the numbers and rely on articles that DO NOT ACTUALLY PROVE ANYTHING, I look at the overall picture, and I am capable of taking a devil's advocate approach, which I have already done multiple times.

You are 32... congrats, I don't care. I don't know how many times I have to say this before it gets drilled into your thick skull, but the games ARE BASED ON PERSONAL PREFERENCE. Do I play LoL because it is popular? No. Because the game does not suit my tastes. Do I avoid COD: Ghost because everybody says its horrible? Again the answer is no. While It does have it's issues, the game is still playable and enjoyable on it's own merits (compared to a certain other game).

Linus has already made a rant about another thread, where it was cluttered with stubborn "audiophiles" (honestly that title is an absolute fraud). Do you really want him to make ANOTHER WAN rant about this? You can "justify" your arguments all you want, because those "audiophiles" did the exact same.

It is hilarious that the further that you "prove" your unnecessarily convoluted beliefs, the further you prove the OP's point.

Ok this argument is already getting out of hand. I won't bother replying to your topics now, as it is pure hyperbole at this point. I have already stated that you are already being over-defensive about this, and you still continue to do it. I have stated my impressions and biases in full, clear text, but you somehow manage to twist it to something else. I have already stated answers to your cherry-picking questions, but you still ask them. While you look solely at the numbers and rely on articles that DO NOT ACTUALLY PROVE ANYTHING, I look at the overall picture, and I am capable of taking a devil's advocate approach, which I have already done multiple times.

You are 32... congrats, I don't care. I don't know how many times I have to say this before it gets drilled into your thick skull, but the games ARE BASED ON PERSONAL PREFERENCE. Do I play LoL because it is popular? No. Because the game does not suit my tastes. Do I avoid COD: Ghost because everybody says its horrible? Again the answer is no. While It does have it's issues, the game is still playable and enjoyable on it's own merits (compared to a certain other game).

Linus has already made a rant about another thread, where it was cluttered with stubborn "audiophiles" (honestly that title is an absolute fraud). Do you really want him to make ANOTHER WAN rant about this? You can "justify" your arguments all you want, because those "audiophiles" did the exact same.

It is hilarious that the further that you "prove" your unnecessarily convoluted beliefs, the further you prove the OP's point.

All of that is just laughable. Just pure proof that you can't handle being proven wrong. All of this started because Vitalius was spreading lies, you then backed him up. Then the two of you got pissed for I called you out for lying. Then you both kept making arguments as to why consoles are better, then again lying and saying those same points can't applied to PC.

I also only stated my age to make a point, being able to sit in the same room as another person to play a game is NOT a selling point to many gamers. In fact, with the average gamer being 30 or older, more gamers are in a position where they can't be sitting on the couch with their friends because they have actual lives and responsibilities. 

Also, if Linus wants to make a rant, that's fine. But I'm not the one who was spreading crap lies, so I'm not likely to be the subject of any rant related to this topic.