MKBHD Checks out the Sapphire Glass for the iPhone 6

BallGum

It isn't a great material. It will alter the colours of the screen slightly when outside and the sun is strong. 

Source? 

Source? 

The lens on some smart phones are sapphire crystal. When they are directed at strong light the pictures come out purple. http://bit.ly/TPzb24 I would imagine it would be a lesser effect but there will be some kind of effect on the colour reproduction on the screen. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I'm kinda curious how They did that. It's hard That's What makes it So scratch resistant.

It's also hard so it should not be very strong against bending.

Exactly the reason you have to heat-treat tempered blades. Sure they're hard but swords need to bend a lot.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

I was cringing when he was bending it with his shoe/foot and hand - waiting for it to snap.

Totally the same, I felt a horrible cold feeling on my skin watching that poor piece of glass :(

The lens on some smart phones are sapphire crystal. When they are directed at strong light the pictures come out purple. http://bit.ly/TPzb24 I would imagine it would be a lesser effect but there will be some kind of effect on the colour reproduction on the screen. 

that isn't because of the sapphire cover. during the move to the iPhone 5, they changed the optical stack for the camera (added 1 extra lens). this had some issues with light in certain angles. its been fixed on the 5s though, which still has the sapphire cover. The leica M8 had the same problem as well.

Source? 

I think there was an issue with the sapphire glass on the iPhone 5's camera which caused purple lens flare, however, the material seemed crystal clear in the video.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.