The WAN Show Banner Drives Me Crazy

Rheinwasser

I think @LinusTech will have to hit somebody.

Some time ago the WAN show banner was transparent. It said "Powered by LinusTechTips". You can see it here.
Then for some weird reason there wasnt a banner at all. Link.
And then the show started being sponsored by ASUS with their laptop and a new banner was needed. This is the archive.

This banner was transparent again. But transparent letters ontop of transparent letters is not a great idea. So now you can see the "s" of "Tips" right of the "Z" of the "G750JZ".

This was called out on the twitch chat multiple times, but Linus seemed not to understand the issue. Or all of this in intended.  :P

Please change this!

Get a proper transparent banner!

I've noticed it too, it's not a big deal though.

On a unrelated note... I would like to see more interesting items in the background such as more boxes, toys, and other cool interesting items that are all neatly stacked.

I don't see what you are talking about

look closely in the last wan show i linked. i am sure you can see it.

I thought I was the only one to see it, I hate seeing the ghost of LinusTechTips.

so true. but i usually watch the wan show on my phone so i was too lazy to create a thread, right now i am watching the archive on my pc since my phone is being rmad atm and there we go.

How about a smaller banner while we're at it.

thumbs up. a smaller, transparent banner.

huh?

well, yeah..

I've noticed it too, it's not a big deal though.

On a unrelated note... I would like to see more interesting items in the background such as more boxes, toys, and other cool interesting items that are all neatly stacked.

for me it is.  :)

they had that sometime ago but the wall fell and they were to lazy to rebuild it.

look closely in the last wan show i linked. i am sure you can see it.

I looked in full screen HD and still couldn't see it :( it doesn't even really look transparent to me I skipped ahead a bunch as well.

I just watch the episodes. 

"Of course, its trash," Luke, 2014

it is right at the start. it is just slightly transpartent. 

I see the slight transparency but not the "s" from where LinusTechTips used to be.

i is just a little bit brighter in an s shape.

Ahhhh seems way too specific for me to notice when just watching the show itself. Most of the time I don't watch and only listen anyways.

Noticed it, forgot about it. I usually just listen to the show anyway and do other stuff in other tabs while it's on.

It really drives me nuts too. I would love it if the banner could be slightly smaller as well as being more translucent. I watch on a plasma TV sometimes and I get worried about screen burn in when all I watch on it is LinusTechTips.

And can there only be one WAN show logo please? The top one has the right transparency but I actually like the layout of the one on the bottom.

post-42902-0-68330300-1404736467_thumb.p

post-42902-0-68330300-1404736467_thumb.p

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

Can someone post a screenshot of what OP is talking about, because I can't see it..

The banner is ridiculously huge

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I noticed it and I've been ignoring it. But now, thanks to you, I notice it again. Jerk.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Noticed it, forgot about it. I usually just listen to the show anyway and do other stuff in other tabs while it's on.

That's a good idea! It will help me not to fall asleep at 1am when the show is on. So I don't have to watch it back later. xD

(If Linus is reading, I don't find it boring, I'm normally tired when it's 1am, and I don't like watching stuff back later if it was live :P)