How bad is the iPhone 4?

GregButcher
Go to solution Solved by ROK,

The 4 really isn't a viable option in 2014. My friends was unbearable when he upgraded earlier this year, I can only imagine how bad the experience would be 1 year later.

So hey, for a while i always tried to cheap out on my smartphone buyings and i more or less got what i paid for. I'm running an old old XPeria S with carbon ROM 4.4.4 but to be honest, you can polish crap but it still will be crap. It was 2nd hand and most of the accesories died on me and the battery is going dead as well(12h on almost no usage)

The phone works more or less okay apart from the freezups and the Beta Rom problems but i knew what i signed up for...still im getting tired of all the crap with these things, apps run more or less fine but browsing is freezing up and pages take almost a minute to load. Its pretty unbearable. And stuff usually freeze, screen doesnt turn on etc, still its better than the stock ROM in terms of speed..

whatever, so, my main apps are:

facebook/messenger

tapatalk

vine

baconreader for reddit

Lots of music playing in car, on the go etc.

So bottomline would i get a better experinence on an iphone 4? i like the desing and the compactness of it. (edit: i can do an approx. 1:1 2nd hand exchange)

And NO I will NOT buy a moto G or moto E how many times you say it. I just want to get a phone and im interested in the whole iphone thingy until  Android L comes out, and I'll eventually either buy the nexus6(or 5 or whatever is relevant) so its all a temporary thing, will i get better speed and usability? Discuss. Thanks in advance!(Disclaimer: i was drunk when i wrote the few last sentences, apologies, i might edit this when i sober up.)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

The moto g Will probably net The android L update do i would still go wit The moto g

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Like he said get the Moto G. :)

Well most apps arent optimized for it anymore, its a decent phone but I would say at least get 4S

Song Of The Day: Nujabes - Battlecry

No Siri, small screen, black only. Not worth it. I would go with a 4S at least. I'm waiting for a 6.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The 4 really isn't a viable option in 2014. My friends was unbearable when he upgraded earlier this year, I can only imagine how bad the experience would be 1 year later.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

Why against moto G?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Don't waste your money if you plan on getting a Nexus 6 when it comes out. Just deal with your Xperia for a couple more months...

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

I have an iPhone 4 and unless you're gaming it's fine, expect a few moments of lag every once in a while.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Why against moto G?

Because if i sell my Xperia S , and buy a moto G i'll have to pay ~100$ and if i sell this and get an I4 i can get an approx 1:1 exchage. Besides it would be a temporary curiosity experiment anyways. Apart from that i like the whole moto G, but i'd get something high end so it would last at least 2 years again.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

Because if i sell my Xperia S , and buy a moto G i'll have to pay ~100$ and if i sell this and get an I4 i can get an approx 1:1 exchage. Besides it would be a temporary curiosity experiment anyways. Apart from that i like the whole moto G, but i'd get something high end so it would last at least 2 years again.

Moto X :)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Moto X :)

A bit expensive.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I personally am not an iPhone fan (or apple fan in general) because of the limited upgradeabity. You can't add a micro SD card so if you only get a 8gb model (which is all the iPhone 4 is offered in) that's all you have. also the iPhone 4 definitely isn't worth it  considering it is just a square version with a front facing camera of the iPhone 3GS. I'd take my $50 android phone over an iPhone any day...well at least when my phone was brand new :P it's over a year old now and has been dropped countless times so yeah.

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

The iPhone 4 is really slow and iOS 8 won't be a thing for it.

Get atleast an iPhone 4s if you want an iPhone which isn't slow.

moto e and g will get android L and are really good phones. get the g and stick with it

Oh hey im back, sober and hungover, but nevertheless... :D

I love how some of you were just chanting while holding hands : MOTO G, MOTO G :D

Nevertheless I got my answer out of the topic, so thanks for that.

Like I said it would approx. need to last till october-november till Nexus6 or something Googly comes out, and i was feeling experimental to try out "THE iOS experience" bc i never had one.

Sadly the second thing after that iPhone 4S is out of the question bc of the price. I'm looking at second hand stuff so I'll explain a bit more how's it here in Hungary:

I could sell my Xperia S for around 150$, I can get a 2nd hand Iphone 4 for around the same(btw @dev893, there are different storage sized versions), also Moto G is only grey import(not that im really bothered with it) and costs around 200$ here and I'd need the 4g version bc of the storage slot anyway. Iphone 4s costs still around a good 300$ 2nd hand(yeah i know, what the hell...) 

Bottom line I'm not getting an Iphone 4, although i dont feel like sucking it up till autumn, this phones battery dies on me while im asleep...

Please don't get a iPhone 4, I just recently sold it since it was sooooooooooooooooooo slow. Build quality is really nice though.

Gamer, Programmer and Server Administrator

all with a HP laptop <3