FIRST Asus ROG Swift Review Out

Got a 4K IPS display at work, and 3 1080 at home..

Waiting for that OLED.. yum.

I r dun no like TN panelz becuz colorz r liek so badzzz herp derp!!!!

/sarcasm

I will buying it as soon as it come to newegg along with two 780Ti Matrixs.

All hail the grand republic!!!

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Wish I could afford this but I'd rather get a new mobo and could this year than this monitor. Hopefully the 1080p gsync monitors come out soon though

People don't know what they are talking about. They know next to nothing about panels and displays. Pretty much all they know is TN bad IPS good when it is so much more complicated than that.

I agree people don't know what they are talking about.

/me owns a S-PVA 24 inch screen :P

CPU: i7 3930K 3.2Ghz on Noctua NH-U14S| RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance @1600Mhz + 32GB Kingston Beast @ 1866Mhz | MBO: Asus P9X79 | GPU: ASUS GTX970 STRIX | SSD: Samsung 840 PRO 256GB + Crucial M500 480GB  |  HDD: 2*3TB Seagate | PSU: Cooler Master 850m2 850W | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos Pure Black

Dell P2715Q, 4K @t 60Hz :)

I still don't understand why people hate on TN's so much...

The PB287Q's picture quality is extremely close to my U2414H, which is an ultrasharp AH-IPS... It only suffers in the black department.

I don't get it either considering ive used a IPS for a few days and it didn't look as good as my Syncmaster PX2370, a good quality TN can look close to a midrange IPS panel, and honestly I probably wouldn't buy the swift if it had an IPS instead of a TN, i would MUCH rather have 144hz then a bit prettier colors and viewing ranges

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

People who cry about panels being TN are also the people who if you put them through blind testing probably couldn't tell what was what. 

The only people who really, truly can leverage IPS happen to be professional colorists, renderers, artists, photographers; aka people who actually need that level of color accuracy. 

Us peasants? Who honestly cares. High end TN panels are very, very good and even beat out some IPS panels for crying out loud.

Am I the only who is pissed off by the fact that whoever priced that thing for the UK is completely retarded? $800 should equate to £467 +20% VAT (£560 total). Where there hell did this £720 price tag come from?

that was my exact same argument when i opened a thread about this being available in the UK for pre order.

but i did some research and the G-sync, costs around £150 still. people said it was £200 on the first Asus monitor because they had to physically put it on after the monitors were manufactured. i said ok we'll see.

recently i looked at a AOC monitor with, and without G-sync. they have the Exact same spec. well the tiniest difference in the contrast ratio, everything else is the same, and in fact the one without G-sync has more ports as the g-sync one only has Display port i think.

the difference in the price is £150. so we know that Nvidia is at least charging £100 for their g-sync. retailers might add £50 for shipping costs and stuff, so what ever but thats how this monitor is so expensive. in my opinion G-sync shouldnt cost that much.

if this monitor was priced at £560 instead of £669 (on scan.co.uk), i would probably buy it in a heart beat.

I r dun no like TN panelz becuz colorz r liek so badzzz herp derp!!!!

/sarcasm

I will buying it as soon as it come to newegg along with two 780Ti Matrixs.

All hail the grand republic!!!

i think thats your picture talking :D some people have a great reason for wanting this monitor, and some dont. dont hate on them coz you love ROG branding.

Tn is quite an old display technology and it is known for bad color reproduction/accuracy, but technologies do advance. For sure, there are a few ips monitors that look as bad or worse than some high end tn models. Initially a tn panel, will look worse, yes. But there is more to a monitor that influences the color reproduction than just the panel its self, fimware, scaler and general manufacturing quality do make a huge difference. I would never judge a product based on a single spec.

IPS is old as well.

Old != bad

I do want IPS screen though. The better viewing angle is really important when you have multiple monitors because the side ones will be viewed at a slight angle. The (generally) better color accuracy is a nice plus as well.

10498592_746668728722993_214158299397365

full review: Kitguru ROG Swift 1440p 144Hz review

source: Asus ROG Nordic's FB page

Great to see, that this monitor is finally becoming available, but as expected at a pricetag of about 800 dollars. Some features worth highlighting are its 100x100mm vesa mount, it shipping preassembled in the box, 144Hz refresh rate, 1440p resolution, Nvidia G-Sync support and, of course, its striking design.

#alreadyPreordered :P

why would vesa mounting be a highlighted feature on a monitor. It should just be expected at this point.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

This monitor is intended for a very niche market. Trying to compare it to mass market monitors is bullshit. It's just like the GTX Titan, yes it's overpriced for gaming, but for it's intended purpose of hybrid workstation and gaming it's very affordable. The competitive and super hardcore gaming crowd doesn't give a shit about perfect color reproduction. They care about things like super low response times and super high frame rates two things that IPS is incapable of producing.

The GSync vs Adaptive Sync argument can not be made until Adaptive Sync actually hits the market. What people do need to get through their heads is that DP 1.2a will not magically mean a monitor will support Adaptive Sync. Freesync and Adaptive Sync are two separate pieces of the same puzzle. But both will require the monitor to have special internal hardware to support a variable refresh rate. A monitor having a DP 1.2a port does not mean it automatically supports a variable refresh rate. 

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

i think thats your picture talking :D some people have a great reason for wanting this monitor, and some dont. dont hate on them coz you love ROG branding.

Do you mind using the MultiQuote function for it's intended use? Multi posting isn't appreciated nor is it necessary. 

I'd personally love one of these.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

why would vesa mounting be a highlighted feature on a monitor. It should just be expected at this point.

It should be, but you'd be surprised by how many monitors don't support it.

the only downside to this monitor is that it can t be used for portrait,

any one complaining about the color reproduction probably don t need 100% RGB (and won t even see any difference from a 6 bit ips panel and a 8(ish) bit tn one)

and doesn t realise that you can t get 144hz IPS panel.

The goal of this monitor is 1440p at 144hz, you can t do that with a ips panel.

btw on a side note just like audio, perfect accuracy isn,t always better, especially if ryou don t do any graphic work.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

the only downside to this monitor is that it can t be used for portrait,

any one complaining about the color reproduction probably don t need 100% RGB (and won t even see any difference from a 6 bit ips panel and a 8(ish) bit tn one)

and doesn t realise that you can t get 144hz IPS panel.

The goal of this monitor is 1440p at 144hz, you can t do that with a ips panel.

btw on a side note just like audio, perfect accuracy isn,t always better, especially if ryou don t do any graphic work.

Isn't this portrait?

DSCF10531.jpg

Also I like this because it has 144Hz 1440p, which you can't get in IPS.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Isn't this portrait?

DSCF10531.jpg

Also I like this because it has 144Hz 1440p, which you can't get in IPS.

you can physically do portrait but any one in their right mind wouldn t,

Tn in portrait becomes awful, you get color shift across the display. (like a white corner at the bottom and yellow at the top)

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

That's a really nice looking monitor and it's great quality. But at £720 I won't be getting one anytime soon.

Also, my GPU isn't Nvidia.

it is around 669 at scan.co.uk

it is around 669 at scan.co.uk

That is still about £669 more than I can afford to pay for a monitor.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Why wouldn't someone just get an overclockable PLS 1440p monitor? G-sync isn't really worth an extra $500

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Do you mind using the MultiQuote function for it's intended use? Multi posting isn't appreciated nor is it necessary. 

I'd personally love one of these.

i do apologize for the thousands of replies taking up a full page.

i will do my best to avoid this situation

Why wouldn't someone just get an overclockable PLS 1440p monitor? G-sync isn't really worth an extra $500

Overclocking doesn't always work, and can damage the monitor. Even if it doesn't work, you won't get the 1ms response time, or all the other gamer specific features of the monitor.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Overclocking doesn't always work, and can damage the monitor. Even if it doesn't work, you won't get the 1ms response time, or all the other gamer specific features of the monitor.

OK great, at least I know the negatives of the overclockable monitors, still seems like a great alternative.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

OK great, at least I know the negatives of the overclockable monitors, still seems like a great alternative.

G-Sync is quite good, sadly it just costs a lot of money.

As for QNIX and such brands I ain't going for a A- or B+ panel.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

You can get a 4k monitor for that price instead

But this isn't made for resolution, it's made for gaming and smooth frames.

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

Most of them can't do 120hz reliably, the panel quality is ALWAYS less then top grade, and even when those few reach 120hz they look significantly worse then they do at 60hz. Beyond that no one has had the monitors long enough to know if running them at 120hz causes damage and shortens the lifespan of the monitor. On top of that those cheap Korean monitors also have common random quality issues (mine for example has a lightly tilted and off-center screen and the bottom of the front bezel has a gap between it and the panel). Oh and the cheap Korean panels look good but they do not look as good as an A+ PLS or IPS panel.