FIRST Asus ROG Swift Review Out

10498592_746668728722993_214158299397365

[ROG Swift review] The first review of our ROG Swift next-level gaming monitor with 2560x1440p, 144Hz, 1ms and G-Sync is out! We know this is one you want to check out In short Kitguru says: "A jaw dropping monitor that will surely be one of this years biggest luxury high end sellers." The also give it their "Must Have" award.

full review: Kitguru ROG Swift 1440p 144Hz review

source: Asus ROG Nordic's FB page

Great to see, that this monitor is finally becoming available, but as expected at a pricetag of about 800 dollars. Some features worth highlighting are its 100x100mm vesa mount, it shipping preassembled in the box, 144Hz refresh rate, 1440p resolution, Nvidia G-Sync support and, of course, its striking design.

#alreadyPreordered :P

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

That's a really nice looking monitor and it's great quality. But at £720 I won't be getting one anytime soon.

Also, my GPU isn't Nvidia.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I declare anyone paying that for an 1440P TN PANEL is MAD, MAD I TELL YOU!

CPU: i7 3930K 3.2Ghz on Noctua NH-U14S| RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance @1600Mhz + 32GB Kingston Beast @ 1866Mhz | MBO: Asus P9X79 | GPU: ASUS GTX970 STRIX | SSD: Samsung 840 PRO 256GB + Crucial M500 480GB  |  HDD: 2*3TB Seagate | PSU: Cooler Master 850m2 850W | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos Pure Black

Dell P2715Q, 4K @t 60Hz :)

I would pay it, and I am not mad.

I'll tell you who's mad: everyone who replies to my post in anger... :P

I would pay it, and I am not mad.

I'll tell you who's mad: everyone who replies to my post in anger... :P

I'm not angry, just stating the fact that you are mentally challenged :P

CPU: i7 3930K 3.2Ghz on Noctua NH-U14S| RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance @1600Mhz + 32GB Kingston Beast @ 1866Mhz | MBO: Asus P9X79 | GPU: ASUS GTX970 STRIX | SSD: Samsung 840 PRO 256GB + Crucial M500 480GB  |  HDD: 2*3TB Seagate | PSU: Cooler Master 850m2 850W | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos Pure Black

Dell P2715Q, 4K @t 60Hz :)

I'm not angry, just stating the fact that you are mentally challenged :P

I still don't understand why people hate on TN's so much...

The PB287Q's picture quality is extremely close to my U2414H, which is an ultrasharp AH-IPS... It only suffers in the black department.

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

Tn is quite an old display technology and it is known for bad color reproduction/accuracy, but technologies do advance. For sure, there are a few ips monitors that look as bad or worse than some high end tn models. Initially a tn panel, will look worse, yes. But there is more to a monitor that influences the color reproduction than just the panel its self, fimware, scaler and general manufacturing quality do make a huge difference. I would never judge a product based on a single spec.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

I still don't understand why people hate on TN's so much...

The PB287Q's picture quality is extremely close to my U2414H, which is an ultrasharp AH-IPS... It only suffers in the black department.

People don't know what they are talking about. They know next to nothing about panels and displays. Pretty much all they know is TN bad IPS good when it is so much more complicated than that.

Definitely getting one of these. I am not a professional graphics artist that would even notice the color difference between a high quality tn and an ips, nor do I ever get my monitors calibrated. the laughable thing about this is most of the people in here complaining about "bad quality color on a tn" most likely are not doing graphics work either, and have never gotten a monitor calibrated. But hey, you definitely look like you know what you are talking about when you complain about color on a tn! 

For reference, my current monitor is a qnix. 

Conceal your intentions

As long as the Canadian stock is there and the price is only $50 more and not something ludicrous like the UK price, this is the monitor I'll be getting.  The Asus 4K monitor is great, sure, if you like gaming at 20-35FPS.  Plus Windows font scaling issues and other ideosyncracies showing software is not there yet either.  Also a lot of actual user reviews are reporting a lot of issues with it.  I'd rather invest in a super slick 1440p gaming monitor and get a 4K one when the technology has improved and there's a GTX880/980 that can hammer out decent FPS.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

I really hope that prad.de will do a review on this thing soon. Also, that price for a TN screen: AHAHAHA! No.....

worst review ever, it doesnt say much. just says stuff like nice build quality, easy setup

this is more of an unboxing than revieiw

this is my opinion, no hate please

That's a really nice looking monitor and it's great quality. But at £720 I won't be getting one anytime soon.

Also, my GPU isn't Nvidia.

EXACT same situation for me :( going IPS coz this is so expensive.

hopefully by next year will have something like this but IPS

Nope, just more over priced rog.

I'll wait for an ips, freesync 1440p monitor thanks.

IPS, freesync 1440p @144hz monitor ;):D

People don't know what they are talking about. They know next to nothing about panels and displays. Pretty much all they know is TN bad IPS good when it is so much more complicated than that.

i have only owned TN panels, ever.

i'd love to know your opinion why i should go with this instead of say an Asus PB278Q.

bare in mind i am willing to spend around £650. I have an AMD card. My current TN panel has 5ms response time (dont know what 1ms feels like), note that i dont do professional working, nor do i play 1000s of games, i play dota 2 most of the time, Dayz, time to time battlefield, Garry's mod. Counter strike, maybe a few single player games time to time like spec ops the line.

im am a fresh meat, i havent seen the beautiful colours of IPS, or the fast speeds of a 144hz monitor.

Give me a good reason to get this instead of a IPS panel. would appreciate it

Asus PB278Q

I'm getting three. Maybe four.

you must be blessed with money :) get one one if u can

you must be blessed with money :) get one one if u can

A little bit. It'll still take a while before I have them all. But I decided on it and that's that.

A little bit. It'll still take a while before I have them all. But I decided on it and that's that.

i could buy 1 every 2 months, but i dont feel thats necessary.

do u game using eyefinity or surround? also what will u use to run these monitors?

Am I the only who is pissed off by the fact that whoever priced that thing for the UK is completely retarded? $800 should equate to £467 +20% VAT (£560 total). Where there hell did this £720 price tag come from?

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

i could buy 1 every 2 months, but i dont feel thats necessary.

do u game using eyefinity or surround? also what will u use to run these monitors?

I have no idea. I haven't had more than one monitor before.

Am I the only who is pissed off by the fact that whoever priced that thing for the UK is completely retarded? $800 should equate to £467 +20% VAT (£560 total). Where there hell did this £720 price tag come from?

Shipping, they are using highly trained whales to carry the products from china to the UK. For the US they are still using the traditional logistics methods.

TN= don't care.  I'll keep my PLS 1440p panel.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|