Walmart drops price of Seiki 4K TVs

Sean W.

Seiki is Chinese, FYI.

Nice deal though, if you can live with 30Hz.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Plus they're cheap as hell quality wise.

You've had hands on time with one?

Not personally, but nobody praises it for it's quality. Quite the contrary actually.

I sell TVs. They're crap. The picture and colordepth is crap, they're poorly made, and they're a pain in the ass to use. Plus there's ghosting with fast moving things, or pretty much anything from a computer. Spend your money on a similarly priced (or even slightly cheaper) 1080p screen, you'll be much happier.

CPU-AMD FX 8350 @ 4.9Ghz | GPU-Sapphire 7970 OC | Motherboard-AsRock Extreme9 990fx | RAM-8GB Mushkin Blackline Ridgeback

Case-NZXT Switch 810 | Heatsink-NZXT HAVIK | SSD-Samsung 840 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barricuda 1TB; WD Green 2TB
PSU-Seasonic X-Series 850 Watt | Mouse-Razer Naga | Keyboard-Razer Blackwidow | Speakers-Logitech z623

I sell TVs. They're crap. The picture and colordepth is crap, they're poorly made, and they're a pain in the ass to use. Plus there's ghosting with fast moving things, or pretty much anything from a computer. Spend your money on a similarly priced (or even slightly cheaper) 1080p screen, you'll be much happier.

Not personally, but nobody praises it for it's quality. Quite the contrary actually.

I bought a SEIKI 32 inch TV around this time last year. THIS ONE TO BE EXACT. I had it out of the box for all of 3 hours before i was on my way back to Best Buy. It was just terrible in just about every aspect. It also had a somewhat traumatizing effect on me. Ever since then I have been "overly cautious" about buying Electronics that seem TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE price wise, because they usually are! 

I ended up with this one instead that i had to pay a bit more for, and i am very satisfied.

I bought a SEIKI 32 inch TV around this time last year. THIS ONE TO BE EXACT. I had it out of the box for all of 3 hours before i was on my way back to Best Buy. It was just terrible in just about every aspect. It also had a somewhat traumatizing effect on me. Ever since then I have been "overly cautious" about buying Electronics that seem TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE price wise, because they usually are! 

I ended up with this one instead that i had to pay a bit more for, and i am very satisfied.

Your experience is not uncommon. The majority of those TVs that leave the store come right back in. It's to the point where if someone buys one, we just kind of assume that it's going to get returned and that any commission from the sale is only theoretical.

CPU-AMD FX 8350 @ 4.9Ghz | GPU-Sapphire 7970 OC | Motherboard-AsRock Extreme9 990fx | RAM-8GB Mushkin Blackline Ridgeback

Case-NZXT Switch 810 | Heatsink-NZXT HAVIK | SSD-Samsung 840 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barricuda 1TB; WD Green 2TB
PSU-Seasonic X-Series 850 Watt | Mouse-Razer Naga | Keyboard-Razer Blackwidow | Speakers-Logitech z623

It's like the Insignia TVs from Best Buy. I used to work security at a hotel, and they did a major renovation and put two Insignia LCD TVs in every room. With in the first month over 100 TVs had to be changed out. The hotel had to sue the distributor that they contracted with to buy all the TVs because they stopped honoring their warranty contract.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

i dont understand why people get excited over price drop 90% of people cant drive 4k gaming so who cares. this is like saying the lamborghini has had a price drop by 100k

These things are just junk. They may have a 4K resolution but that does not instantly give you a great picture. A decent 1080p TV looks worlds better than these Seiki 4K screens. Resolution isn't everything.

Seiki is Chinese, FYI.

Nice deal though, if you can live with 30Hz.

Ad says 120Hz. :S

Edit: NVM it's HDMI.

Not something I'd even consider buying. With no 4k up converting chips, it's basically useless.

Too bad Panasonic doesn't make displays bigger than 65". They actually have DP on their sets.

Ad says 120Hz. :S

Edit: NVM it's HDMI.

You can do 60fps over HDMI, just with crappier colors.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Your second link isn't working. At least for me.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Your second link isn't working. At least for me.

It was the LG tv of the same dimensions for about 60 bucks more. Definitely worth the extra cash to ensure no shenanigans.

it's a $300 4k tv... did you expect better............?

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

it's a $300 4k tv... did you expect better............?

By the price, no. But as a consumer, yes. Maybe that's the best they can build and still maintain the price point, but that doesn't make it a good product.

People buying this TV are generally taking it home knowing it's not going to be the best TV in the world, but they're happy because it's the next big thing at a low price. Then they hook it up, load up a blu-ray, and they hate it. Maybe they try to tweak the color and the sharpness to try in vain to polish the turd they bought, but eventually they end up returning it. And do you know what most of them do from there? They spend more money than they spent on the Seiki on a 1080P TV, because people are willing to pay to make sure they're getting something decent, or at least something that isn't as bad as the Seiki. It's not a product that should have been brought to market.