EU regulation. Now stores can sell only Power Supplies with 80+ bronze as minimum

WereCat

EU is going to regulate market for Power Supplies requiring at least 80+ Bronze PSU as bare minimum. Power supply must have at least 85% efficiency at 50% of load and 82% efficiency at 20% and 100% load. They are also talking about how much power should computer components take and dividing them into divisions and making lists about power consumptions and so on... There is really a lot of things in there so if you are interested definitely check it out. I think this was the most important information from it. 

I dont think regulations are good even though this one is. Getting bad PSUs from market reducing risk of home fire or PC fire because people always buy cheap one and dont know that they should never skimp on PSU.

Source: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2013:175:0013:0033:EN:PDF

Good, should stop them from selling the cheap crap that explode after a couple of weeks.

But fireworks are fun. :(

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

this was a thing in the netherlands for a long time

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

But fireworks are fun. :(

Fireworks are fun but when PCwontwork it is not fun.. at least for me :)

i like most regulations and this will be one of them, as long as those component power things are in any way limiting power :/

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Takes a lot longer to get things pushed through the EU legislation of course.

I have to say it sounds like SOMEone on that damn government is actually competent and I like it.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Good, it will take a lot of the guess work out of building for new comers so that's always a good thing. The downside is that it will definitely be a price increase. Don't get me wrong I'm not suggesting people should be looking to save money on custom gaming rigs or anything but cheap psus do have their uses for low power systems and such keeping the costs down.

-------

Current Rig

-------

An eu regulation that doesn't f**k car guys sideways!? 

This i like  :)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

An eu regulation that doesn't f**k car guys sideways!?

This i like :)

it kinda does because lots of car guys use cheap power supplies to power car amps

it kinda does because lots of car guys use cheap power supplies to power car amps

The guys at car meets around here have power supplies that are worth more than my car  :huh: 

But there are probably someone that uses a cheap one somewhere

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Good, so people can stop buying the Rubbish cheap ones and buy the decent reliable brands. 

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

aw gooooooooooood.. here in EU there are tons of ghosts psu like 920w 1200w .. and obviously cheap as f**k.. under 70euros.. but the thing is that they ran out in few months + u get no waranty lol.. happened to me u.u

Good, should stop them from selling the cheap crap that explode after a couple of weeks.

In the EU all electronics have to come with a minimum of a 1 year warranty where you can return it to the retailer for replacement or repair.

This will just raise the price for consumers who dont care about the efficiency of their computers or any other electronic products. I hate this sort of needless interference.

In the EU all electronics have to come with a minimum of a 1 year warranty where you can return it to the retailer for replacement or repair.

This will just raise the price for consumers who dont care about the efficiency of their computers or any other electronic products. I hate this sort of needless interference.

I personally don't care about higher prices. It beats having to return a piece of shit PSU to a store or send it back in the post.

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

I personally don't care about higher prices. It beats having to return a piece of shit PSU to a store or send it back in the post.

You are a fool if you think it will just effect the price of PC power supplies.

Bronze efficiency still isn't good efficiency. All this does is guarantee a bottom level of quality that is acceptable. It won't raise prices of jack crap, it just keep the worst stuff off the market. If you seriously call that sort of base-level regulation unwarranted interference you might be related to a banker.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Bronze efficiency still isn't good efficiency. All this does is guarantee a bottom level of quality that is acceptable. It won't raise prices of jack crap, it just keep the worst stuff off the market. If you seriously call that sort of base-level regulation unwarranted interference you might be related to a banker.

A manufacturer being forced to buy components that meet the EUs specifications for them to sell their product in Europe?

It doesnt protect the consumer, or benefit the manfacturer so what is the point? There are already directives that control the quality and reliability of electronic goods with in the EU.

really? hmm i saw some without that info on alternate a while back, altough they lack more info wich is could be usefull.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Wish this was law everywhere. I wonder how many people build a computer and give up due to PSU's.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817822008

^ "500 watts". 12V rail has 17A.  Diablotek... I can't tell you how many of these POS things I have seen in the U.S. 

The wattage rating should be at least Bronze so people building their first PC know wtf they are getting and so the GPU makers can give accurate wattage.

I see people with ridiculously expensive PSU's and a GTX 760, and it is probably because they bought a non rated PSU the first time around. It is dumb as hell. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

A manufacturer being forced to buy components that meet the EUs specifications for them to sell their product in Europe?

It doesnt protect the consumer, or benefit the manfacturer so what is the point? There are already directives that control the quality and reliability of electronic goods with in the EU.

I think you're wrong. Considering most of the well regarded manufacturers such as Corsair, Cooler Master etc are going to already be using components that will meet the requirements anyway. Also you say it doesn't protect the consumer when actually it does, it stops the cheap nasty power supplies from being used. The cheap nasty power supplies are capable of taking your entire system with it which is potentially going to cost you a lot of money if it decides to blow. Also when you say it is going to affect manufacturers your not completely wrong but it will only affect the manufacturers that use the cheap crappy components, most of the well regarded manufacturers will already be using high-quality components that meet the regulations.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

This is the kind of regulation I like from the EU.

The horror stories I've seen from people who buy barebones or cheap psu's is unreal.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I like this, 

Wish this was law everywhere. I wonder how many people build a computer and give up due to PSU's.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817822008

^ "500 watts". 12V rail has 17A.  Diablotek... I can't tell you how many of these POS things I have seen in the U.S. 

The wattage rating should be at least Bronze so people building their first PC know wtf they are getting and so the GPU makers can give accurate wattage.

I see people with ridiculously expensive PSU's and a GTX 760, and it is probably because they bought a non rated PSU the first time around. It is dumb as hell. 

Lol look at the shopping insight, only 7% of the ppl that watched that psu were smart enough to see it was bad :D There are more idiots out there than i was thinking...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon