Which Category Of PC Hardware Excites You The Most & Why !?

For me personally as a gamer it's got to be GPUs. Historically I've never got too excited about CPUs but with the recent push for lower overhead APIs has made it very clear that the more powerful GPUs we get the more prominent the role of the CPU will become.

Other hardware which I get pretty excited for is high-end monitors & mechanical keyboards, oh how I love MX Greens !

Right now it's motherboards and CPUs. I'm looking to switch to the 2011 socket, but I'm probably going to have to wait for the X99 boards before I make the jump. 

Overall, GPUs have to be the most exciting. 

CPUs and monitors for me. I don't know why, I just love to hear news on CPUs and monitors. :D

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I love GPUs but cpus also are great xD

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

i pesonally like gpu's with all the specs and things ;) and or looking at radiators and imagining the most amount of rads ever daisy chained together...in the most ridiculous of setups 

Just watch the number of topics and replies in each hardware category  ;)  For me the most exciting are processors generally (CPU,GPU) displays and audio.

GPUs because the CPU side of thing has been very stale the last couple of years

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

ram because of all the shiny colors it comes in!! lol. On a serious note I think gpus seem to be one of the fastest advancing sections of computer hardware right now.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

CPUs and GPUs on the same level, followed by motherboards. Unfortunately the cpu offer has been a bit stagnant in the last few years :(

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I remember playing games on a sub 300 mhz computer. The first 1.0ghz computer, that blew my mind. CPU's get me interested but they have sizzled over the years. The 4790k on the other hand, looking good. I have the privlidge of buying any pc component I want so it doesn't excite me as much as someone else when a 4960x comes in =/

GPU's go where they are expected so no whoo hoo moments there.

Aesthetic pieces are what get me interested now. New cases, looks on mobos, etc. 

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Server equipment and data center hardware... Gotta love km of cables in just a room

Corsair C70|i7 3930K|Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600Mhz|Asrock x79 Extreme6|Samsung SSD 256GB|WD Green 3TB|Corsair H100i|Corsair TX750m |GTX 780 Palit Super JetStream (review here https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/54814-palit-gtx780-superjetstream-review/ )  -_-|

STILL LEARNING ENGLISH  :P  :P  :P

GPUs for obvious reasons.

And SSDs for finally starting to address the storage system bottleneck which has existed for decades. Thanks to this Finally our CPUs are able to work closer to their potential and make our systems fast and responsive.

CPUs, Motherboards and GPUs for me.

DISCIPLE OF HIS HOLINESS, GABEN FIRST OF HIS NAME FOR NOW AND THE END OF TIME

STEAM - Brendson | ORIGIN - LGBrendson | BATTLE.NET - Brendson#2793

PLACES TO FOLLOW ME - Pastebin

Same as most other people, GPU's and CPU's, however I find GPU's are generally a bit more interesting with all their awesome coolers, and the significant amount more new that they've had over the last while. Although with the 9 series boards CPU's are becoming a bit more interesting again. 
Also cases. I always love seeing new cases.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

GPUs, the only thing where I see great performance boosts for gaming.

APUs.....I really want a mini-PC.

....and although it is more an aesthetics thing: cases

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

I have to say Motherboards and Graphics Cards are the most interesting thing to me. The reason why I am interested in motherboards is because motherboards can be so different from each other even if they're based off of the same socket based off of all the features and aesthetics that it offers. I am also interested in graphics cards is because I am a PC gamer and I need to know how well a certain graphics card performs on certain games so I can make a well informed decision for myself and help others. I also need to know the features that that certain graphics card platform offers to me.

Life.exe is missing

Monitors, I love seeing standards for good screen resolutions constantly improving

Constantly? 1080p just became the standard and 4K is far away from viable.