Best overall headset for $300 or less.

I'm looking for a quality headset with good sound, base, and quality microphone for pc that's good for gaming, editing, music, movies, YouTube, etc. Budget isn't a huge issue as long as their quality. I've come across many good looking headsets such as the a50s, logitech, turtle beach lineup, but it seems many of the "promising" ones have lots of bugs and issues with them such as I've seen with the a50s that makes me hesitant.

I would prefer wireless headphones to avoid having lots of cables to manage but it's not a deal breaker.

I would defiantly prefer 7.1 Dolby digital or at least 7.1 surround but 5.1 is ok if it's a trade off.

I am aware it's hard for others to determine comfort level for a peticullar headset, but a headset known to be more comfortable in general would be very good.

Having a charging stand for the headset would also be a huge plus as it looks much better, more professional, and looks cleaner. Again not a deal breaker but defiantly something I would look for in higher budgets.

I very much like the look of the astro a50s but have read some nasty reviews about bugs and problems with them. Such as cutting out, buttons being unresponsive, bad drivers, etc. so if anyone has any experience with them I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Just throwing in the Sennheiser High-End Gaming Series (since you mentioned surround sound, the PC 363D or get a good soundcard and one of the G4ME-Series onces) they're comfortable and one of the best sounding headsets out there (sound/mic). A negative point is the price.

HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset - 99 $

Sorry for terrible English, I'm Norwegian   :D

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00 GHz | Motherboard: Old MSI Thing | RAM: 2x4GB | GPU: Old Nvidia 8800 GT Card | Case: Old Antex Thing THAT IS F*CKING luod! | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 EVO + 2x 80GB Western Digital | PSU: Old Blonze Plus 500W | Cooling: Stock Fans
CPU: | Motherboard: | RAM: A | GPU: | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Arctic White | Storage: A | PSU: | Cooling: A
Headphones: HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset | Speakers: Logitech Speaker System Z323
Displays: 2x BenQ 24" LED GL2450HE (on a AX Double Monitor Stand (AXM4100) | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 + Razer Manticor (and sometimes Corsair MM600)
Old/Reserve Pheripherals: SteelSeries Frost Blue Gaming Gear (Headset, Mousepad and Mouse) Webcam: Micosoft LiveCam Studio Business | Consoles: Wii + Play Station 3 + Play Station 4

The Audio Technica ADG-1 is probably the best in my opinion. It's an AD700x with a boom mic and you can get them imported on Amazon for ~$300.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

The Audio Technica ADG-1 is probably the best in my opinion. It's an AD700x with a boom mic and you can get them imported on Amazon for ~$300.

Except that the AD700x is a $130 headphone....So you basically just brought forth the reason why its not recommended here. You are paying $300 for a $150 headset. :D 

Just throwing in the Sennheiser High-End Gaming Series (since you mentioned surround sound, the PC 363D or get a good soundcard and one of the G4ME-Series onces) they're comfortable and one of the best sounding headsets out there (sound/mic). A negative point is the price.

Specially because it is just a hd 380 pro w/boom mic. kinda like the adg-1.

Except that the AD700x is a $130 headphone....So you basically just brought forth the reason why its not recommended here. You are paying $300 for a $150 headset. :D

I do realize, however he said best overall headset, and for $300 or less, wouldn't you agree on the ADG-1?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I do realize, however he said best overall headset, and for $300 or less, wouldn't you agree on the ADG-1?

No.

Overall in the sense where I can use it with my desktop, and easily use it with my laptop while away from my desktop. So getting headphones with a mic isn't really the best solution when I need it to be portable.

No.

Then what would you recommend?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Overall in the sense where I can use it with my desktop, and easily use it with my laptop while away from my desktop. So getting headphones with a mic isn't really the best solution when I need it to be portable.

You're not really going to find good portable 7.1 headphones. And you also asked for a headset and preceded to list several headset brands, so naturally I was a bit confused. 

I'm going to take a lot of flames over this, but for portable headphones the Beats Solo 2.0 are getting pretty good reviews and they also look nice. There are definitely other options, but you seem a bit confused as to what you actually need in a set of headphones.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Then what would you recommend?

I wasn't recommending anything. I was pointing out the poor value proposition of gaming headsets in general.

I'm going to take a lot of flames over this, but for portable headphones the Beats Solo 2.0 are getting pretty good reviews and they also look nice.

flame_on_fire_by_scharx-d4n0upv.jpg

i've been using the pc 363d for a while now, and i can say this thing is amazing and it comes with it's own usb sound card, wich actually does a great job so thumbs up there.
and i think the g4me one or  something does also come with the same usb soundcard and does look a bit better if you into white, if it has to be black pc 363d or just the pc 360

edit: there is black & red g4me one to , but these come not with the usb soundcard, so the pc 363d is the best one

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

No, because effectively building your own will be cheaper and better. I.e. HD518's and a Modmic

Why haven't the steelseries wireless H been mentioned? Their sound is pretty good, very good for wireless, and it has dobly ect. You can buy a headphone stand for 20 bucks but it comes with a base station that includes another battery. Another cool thing is it can be connected to your phone and used as a wired headset that way.

You could use it with your laptop as a wired set too if you used a 4 bar 3.5mm converter (it has 1 cable for both headphones and mic, and your laptop probably wants you to split that).

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

Why haven't the steelseries wireless H been mentioned? Their sound is pretty good, very good for wireless, and it has dobly ect. You can buy a headphone stand for 20 bucks but it comes with a base station that includes another battery. Another cool thing is it can be connected to your phone and used as a wired headset that way.

You could use it with your laptop as a wired set too if you used a 4 bar 3.5mm converter (it has 1 cable for both headphones and mic, and your laptop probably wants you to split that).

Because we only recommend legitimately good products, not good for what they are products.

Because we only recommend legitimately good products, not good for what they are products.

But he is asking for a headset with those features, so its good to know thats an option.  Its not like I dont have a reference frame, i have UE 10 CIEMs, they cost 1k new (they are about 5 years old now though). 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

But he is asking for a headset with those features, so its good to know thats an option.  Its not like I dont have a reference frame, i have UE 10 CIEMs, they cost 1k new (they are about 5 years old now though). 

And we can still recommend legitimate products. 

You're forgetting that awesome mic, though. And it does also come with a USB DAC thing. :D Also, it doesn't get too many recommends because of general lack of availability. :P

Personally, that would be one of my suggestions if you hate clutter (Anyone suggesting AD700x + Mod Mic should know that quite a number of people HATE wires all over the place).

As for other suggestions, well, there is the V-Moda M100 (If you can get one on sale) with the accompanying V-Moda Boom Pro. There's also the HD 600 if you can find it for sale (I've seen Amazon prices at 250-300 for a while. May or may not be a commond deal).

There's also the DT 880.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

You're forgetting that awesome mic, though. And it does also come with a USB DAC thing.

Yay, an amp for my easy to drive headphones :D The headphones don't need an amp, and the mic isn't worth $150....Lets stop kidding ourselves, and admit that its wasteful. 

Yay, an amp for my easy to drive headphones :D The headphones don't need an amp, and the mic isn't worth $150....Lets stop kidding ourselves, and admit that its wasteful. 

It's all about the swag points man. 

On a more serious note, I recommend DT770 and a modmic even though the prices for the DT770 went up, I still think it's the best sub $200 headphone.