Is it hard to build your first computer?

Destroe

I don't know if anyone has said it yet but just go easy (don't over tighten screws) and if you get stuck or are unsure post the question here, literally hundreds of guys willing to  help in this forum.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I learned to build a computer by watching my dad over the years, I have been able to build one without a struggle for the past 3 - 4 years  

No its not realy hard to build your own computer.

Even i can do it, very quickly lol.

The only thing what could be a bit tricky, is installing an aftermarket big aircooler. like mine.

Comparing myself to other posts here, I'd say I really did take my jolly time building my first PC.  It took me, from start to finish and including all breaks, about 6 hours.  But it was very simple though.

Same here, it is pretty simple but take your time and do your first cautiously, don't' want to accidentally bend a pin or zap anything. 

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

DO NOT TOSS YOUR MOTHERBOARD DRIVER DISK.

I see a lot of people that say just toss the disk and download the lastest drivers, what they fail to mention is every once in a while you may come across the need to use a few drivers off the motherboard disk just to get it running enough to download the updated drivers. 

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

Its not easy, just watch tons of videos about the process

It took 3-4 hours for me

Song Of The Day: Nujabes - Battlecry

I was super hard when I assembled my first computer but they have made it so much easier nowadays. Documentation is so much more readily available. If you are stuck on anything, just hop on youtube. Cable management is better. And the Q-Connector!! and modular power supplies.

It's pretty hard to screw up nowadays.

I think there's even like a linus 2 hour build along video.

well if putting it togheter isnt that hard but depending on setup it might become a real pain in the arse,and bios settings if you dont know what they are you are going to waste a couple days messing with settings,

Considering most stuff is either colour coded or only fits in one way round then it should be fairly easy but take your time to do it properly and safely.

I was 14 when I built my first  computer (half a year ago :P) I just watched 1 of Linuses build guides, and built it in like 3 hours. It's easy ;) Except if you wanna some crazy stuff with it ;)

it is so easy, even Linus Mom could do it.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Building a PC isn't hard, it's just like building Legos. Go to CareyHolzman's channel on Youtube and watch one of his videos, he explains very well and gives worthwhile tips. 

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

I don't think it's very hard, just watch linus' build guides and take precautions like an anti static wrist strap! For my first build it took me about 2 and a half hours

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

I took like 2 hours but that included installing OS and shit.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Nope, actually assembling the PC isn't hard. However, making sure that all the parts fit together performance-wise can be difficult for a beginner (choosing RAM with 1600MHz or 1866MHz, picking the MoBo/PSU for your needs, ....).

Hey guys, im saving up cash for a new PC and i'm going to build it myself with my dad. Is it hard and how much time does it consume?

If you know how to follow steps on the manual, it won't be that hard. :)

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Time taken depends on how anal you get with cable management.

Hey guys, im saving up cash for a new PC and i'm going to build it myself with my dad. Is it hard and how much time does it consume?

If you do enough research no it is not but it will be a bit time consuming and the first one will take longer than all the rest.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

How to build a pc in 2 easy steps. 

Step 1: Buy the parts. 

Step 2: Put parts where ever they fit. 

/I'm actually being completely serious. If a part fits somewhere, thats where it belongs. 

Well, don't put your USB connector on the 1394 connector otherwise motherboard will be fried :(

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

I would have to say No if you`re already into computers a lot. Study up. Watch some build guides from people like Linus and Austin Evans and such because they all have their own little things that could help save your butt at times. Depending on how much cable managment you are planning on doing i would plan on it taking about 2 maybe 3 hours, Assuming you dont have to troubleshoot anything. 

Pree easy except mine took two days because i had to rebuild it 3 times each time forgetting components

Just watch this vid, its"SUPER" helpful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvNnv7nh2Es

Please dont actually follow that video. it is an insainly horrible rendition of how to build a pc. With so many forums like this, and how to guides on how to build PC's, it is a pretty easy task nowdays. I suppose the hardest part in my mind is choosing the parts. I spend WAAAAAAY! more time choosing my PC parts than i actually do building the thing.

CPU: i5-4670k GPU: Asus DirectCUII TOP V2 MOBO: AsRock z87m EXTREME4 RAM: 8gb Gskill 1600mhz  CASE: Corsair Air 540 SSD: OCZ Agility 3 120gb HDD: 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm

Cooling: CPU- H100i push/pull 4x Noctua 120mm fans, 

GPU - H90 push/pull 2x Noctua 140mm fans + NZXT G10 Kraken bracket

No, building a computer is not hard at all. It takes 2-3 hours. 4 MAX. Have fun. :)

I love cats. Go PCs.

My first time was easy and it took me about an hour to assemble it. The experience I got out of it was well worth it in my opinion. I pretty much know the in's and out's of a computer and all that learning was a year's worth of reading and hand's on experience. If I have an issue it's usually easily solved and if I can't solve it there is always something new to learn on this forum from knowledgeable users.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

DO NOT TOSS YOUR MOTHERBOARD DRIVER DISK.

PREEEECH

The original driver disk is always good to install. Also, future updates may require on the coding that was in place on the original driver. You don't need to install all of the bloatware that comes on the disc though  ;)

CPU: i7-4790k @4.8gHz  MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX RAM: 8GB g.skill 2400mHz CL9 STORAGE: 240GB Intel 730 and 1TB WD Black PSU: Corsair AX760 COOLER: Corsair H110 CASE: Corsair 750D