STEAM SUMMER SALE 2014 (Sale over, open discussion)

Askew
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Please note this is the thread for all SSS content.

Thank you for the information! ^_^

But...I gave all my cards to my brother. I thought you weren't able to craft anything below level 8. Well, maybe he hasn't sold them yet and I can tell him to craft badges to level up. :P

(we were both assigned to Green Team so if he helps, at least it'll be for green team!)

You're welcome. 

Ah, ok then. Nope, you can always craft badges and stuff. You just won't get cards for voting or joining a team unless you hit level 8 before the end of the sale. If you do, then you will get all the cards you are owed.

Awesome.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

-snip-

You can pre-oder Witcher 3 for $47.99 on GoG if you own Witcher 1 and 2. Here's the kicker: You don't have to own them on GoG! No matter where you buy, it counts.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Ugh, of course. I got a Foil card for Arkham City. This irritates me because now I have to choose whether to go for the Foil badge, or just sell it and stick with the normal badge. It isn't a particularly valuable Foil though. *sigh*

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

You can pre-oder Witcher 3 for $47.99 on GoG if you own Witcher 1 and 2. Here's the kicker: You don't have to own them on GoG! No matter where you buy, it counts.

Yeah, if you own them on steam you can just enter your cd key and they give you free backups on GOG. I now have witcher 1 and 2 on gog as well as steam because of this.

CDPR = win.

Message received! Buying dishonored NOW! :P

Edit: is the GOTY edition worth it? It's 3.74€ for the base game & 8.49€ for the GOTY edition

If you end up liking the game as much as me then absolutely, but the main ones that add more story content are Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches.

Knife of Dunwall is particularly good, and I recommend playing it after the main game as the main protagonist of that DLC is also a character from the main story.

The DLC brings new areas, characters and weapons.

If you end up liking the game as much as me then absolutely, but the main ones that add more story content are Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches.

Knife of Dunwall is particularly good, and I recommend playing it after the main game as the main protagonist of that DLC is also a character from the main story.

The DLC brings new areas, characters and weapons.

Honestly, I would buy it, but I'm trying really hard not to spend any more money. I need to fix my vehicle, so yeah. I know it's just $5, but like I said before, by the time I'd play it, it'll be the Winter Sale, so I can just buy it then for cheaper.

† Christian Member †

Honestly, I would buy it, but I'm trying really hard not to spend any more money. I need to fix my vehicle, so yeah. I know it's just $5, but like I said before, by the time I'd play it, it'll be the Winter Sale, so I can just buy it then for cheaper.

But if you craft that foil badge....... ;)

Is it worth getting the GOTY edition of Dishonored for the extra $5?

I know everyone hates Ubisoft right now, but having never played an AC game, the sale is enticing.

Is AC4 a good place to jump in, or should I give a go at any of the earlier games in the series?

Is it worth getting the GOTY edition of Dishonored for the extra $5?

I just answered this a few posts above. ^^^^

I know everyone hates Ubisoft right now, but having never played an AC game, the sale is enticing.

Is AC4 a good place to jump in, or should I give a go at any of the earlier games in the series?

Start with 2 or brotherhood, a much cheaper way to test out the series, and in my opinion the earlier games were the best.

Start with 2 or brotherhood, a much cheaper way to test out the series, and in my opinion the earlier games were the best.

Or we could hope for an Assassin's Creed collection.

Anyway, @EscalatorBoy, the first game supposedly was bad gameplay-wise while 2 fixed all of that. 2 does have a recap intro so you'll be fine. If you really need more info, just check out a walkthrough or check out the wiki. Basically, what happens in 1 is that a conspiracy plot is unveiled and the two factions are revealed: the Assassins and the Templars. 2 fleshes this out more and tells you more about the origins of humanity. Brotherhood and Revelations continues that fleshing out while ending both Altair's and Ezio's journeys. 3 has little to no recap and follows up after Revelations. IV continues and basically is kind of like Metal Gear Solid 4 where it takes all the past games and recaps them or references them a lot. It's not as bad as MGS's crazy plot, but it's going to spoil some stuff. Liberation is a side story taking place during AC3. Unity will follow after IV.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I bought far cry 3 last time, now assuming the open world games win. Is blood dragon actually worth buying, how is it compared to FC3? I had honestly never heard of it before

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

I bought far cry 3 last time, now assuming the open world games win. Is blood dragon actually worth buying, how is it compared to FC3? I had honestly never heard of it before

The only relation is that it has Far Cry 3 in the name. It's a throw-back to the 80's, with it's neon lights, and overly Sci-Fi stylized everything. 

It's apparently really great though. I haven't played it. However, I imagine it's like this movie trailer:

From what I've seen of Blood Dragon, it is.

† Christian Member †

anyone else find it ironic that we are on day 8 and you need a budget software is on the daily deal.......hmmmm shenanigans

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Voted for the Goat game just for you guys. I hope it pulls through and wins. :)

I say start with the first game. It is still the best in the series, but 2 or Brotherhood is good too. I personally played the others for a few hours and never returned to them.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

In this current flash, there is super cheap Trine 2, it's one of the best looking games of all time on any platform and is also a solid puzzle platformer, I recommend this one as an owner since launch and having also played the original Trine.

Seriously the game is beautiful.

ss_758e5c13ba213d361fd92c1eea5a3356c476a

Trine-2-Complete-Story-banner.png

In this current flash, there is super cheap Trine 2, it's one of the best looking games of all time on any platform and is also a solid puzzle platformer, I recommend this one as an owner since launch and having also played the original Trine.

Seriously the game is beautiful.

Trine-2-Complete-Story-banner.png

also if you havent played Alice! thats imo a good grab beautiful looking platformer solid story overall great game overall. pick it up if you have the cash!

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

wtf Dishonored is 75% off but the DLCs are only 50% off.  Man i already have the base game...

this steam sale has been lackluster so far...

wtf Dishonored is 75% off but the DLCs are only 50% off.  Man i already have the base game...

this steam sale has been lackluster so far...

The DLC might get a further discount on the 28-29th. If not, the 50% is still a pretty good discount I thought...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

i'm surely slowing down on purchases :/ not many sales caught my eye other than games i already own :(

The DLC might get a further discount on the 28-29th. If not, the 50% is still a pretty good discount I thought...

well currently the base game is $4.99. Both campaign DLCs The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Wtiches are also $4.99 each..............-_-;

well currently the base game is $4.99. Both campaign DLCs The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Wtiches are also $4.99 each.............. -_-;

Both are cheap. At least it isn't 30% or below, right? $4.99 for DLC and a great game is an amazing price...